Would you buy/drive an electric sports car if they were more affordable?

Would you buy/drive an electric sports car if they were more affordable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_cRqcbXAs4
motorauthority.com/news/1027823_genovations-electric-corvette-priced-from-750k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>more affordable

you mean available for sale.

No.

Now where's my electric snowmobile? I don't wanna hear a shitty dirt bike engine mated to a CVT blaring into my ears the entire fucking time I ride, plus frankly speaking it's a pretty major noise intrusion to the nature and people in the general vincinity (of several miles, mind you).

if they were as light as a gasoline sports car with 200 or so mile range, sure. I don't want to drive around the extra ton of pigfat batteries currently required though

i'd like to use something that won't overheat 2 laps in on a trackday

Yes. But it has to be able to take full throttle accelerations at every green light and not kill the batteries in 20 miles. All that torque is pointless if you have to pussyfoot it every time you accelerate because dat range anxiety.

I would. But really I'm more excited about RWD coming back to shitboxes because of how small electric motors are. Imagine a future fiesta with rear electric motors. The ST version would be amazing.

They, the platform is better suited to sort journey commuting. So I would get one for that only.

So not a corvette.

An electric motor in a BAC mono like package would be godlike

btfo

>electric sports car
Fuck no!
why would you even ask me?

haha silly corvettes lets turn all threads with actual discussion into bland and out dated shitposting

This.

I'm actually pretty interested in EVs and would love to see electric sports cars. But in their current state they're pretty shit. It's a shame. They would have to have better range, top speed, lower price, and not overheat as much. And right now they can't.

>implying you wouldn't want one of these as a track toy

youtube.com/watch?v=q_cRqcbXAs4

My problem isn't with cars being electric, it's that they don't have manual transmissions. I know a manual would be pointless in an EV but what's the point in driving if I'm not having fun?

i'd rather spend the money on coke and hookers

Delet this

It has no range, though. A couple laps in and you have to charge.
Don't Formula E cars use manuals? I heard somewhere that they did but I'm not sure.

>I know a manual would be pointless in an EV

Having brutal acceleration AND top end is pointless? Motors don't have infinite power and torquebands like most E-fanboys like to believe. Yeah a Tesla accelerates fast but it's a pig after 60mph because of the low gearing, Like the SyTy.

>It has no range, though. A couple laps in and you have to charge.

Most track cars will drain their fuel cell in a couple laps too, only it doesn't take hours.

this cunt thinks most track cars will burn all their fuel in two laps

fucking yes
just make an rwd coupe based on the Bolt already chevy come the FUCK on

man that thing is ugly

Anything with a V8 will... Racing fuel cells are pretty tiny. It's not uncommon to burn $500 worth of gas a day in a V8 boat.

I'm pretty excited to see where car design goes in the age of electric motors. They're so much different, we structural don't have to build them around an engine any more. We could have some pretty strangely proportionate new vehicles.

we could, but i think the long hood that would normally hold an engine is just far more attractive than any other kind of form factor

This. We Hot Wheels now

>exhausts
>?

>Hot Wheels
Speaking of such...

A V8 will go much farther than an EV will on a track. Plus the V8 can just fill up in minutes. The EV needs to charge which takes anywhere from 30 minutes at a supercharger to hours. And not many tracks have superchargers.

I've always thought of this. This is where my main interest in EVs lie - the potential designs in sports cars. And another plus is that they aren't limited by any stupid regulations. Before the 70s, companies were competing for better performance - not efficiency. Many people refer to this as the "golden age" of automobiles. But since EVs are already so efficient by nature, companies can go back to the time where their potential wasn't held back by regulations. This could start a second "golden age" of performance cars. But that's IF they manage to beat the ICE engine. And the ICE engine is still improving at a fast pace. And hybrids? Just makes it even harder for EVs.

The next couple of decades will be interesting indeed.

>just make an rwd coupe based on the Bolt already
The chassis won't support that. You'll have better luck asking them to make an electric Camaro.

Elecrtic camaro would be easy though, just slap a big motor at either side of the rear, and fill the engine bay with batteries

>put 80% of the weight of the car at the front
Are you retarded?

That reminds me - a company is actually selling electric Corvettes.
motorauthority.com/news/1027823_genovations-electric-corvette-priced-from-750k

>Not wanting constant mad skidz