/hbg/ - Hacking and Homebrew General

>CAKES EDITION
Previous thread (Cross-thread)

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Safefirmhax announced and released, arm9 exploit for all firmwares, allows CFW/downgrading. Currently works up to 11.1 with svchax/slowhax, will support 11.2 when fasthax releases github.com/TiniVi/safehax
-fasthax pre-beta tonight for n3DS 11.1+ twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/816019867400863748 (embed) Beta tomorrow for all models twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/815991782580355073-
-freeShop (embed) was DMCA'd, albeit on shaky grounds like logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.05 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SciresM/status/816292559194558465
gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/
3ds.guide/
m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5lsfar/112_downgrade_success_with_combined_safehaxfasthax/
gbatemp.net/threads/want-to-install-adrenaline-but-no-psn-no-problem-sort-of.450551/page-3#post-6875510
3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
3ds.guide
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-23#post-6974337
uh... should I try my luck? I downloaded the zip he's talking about.

Zelda leak when?

it's starting to look like using waithax and safehax on 11.0 isn't working, while waithax and fasthax on 11.2 is working. if you want to try it, give it a shot.

probably a week before release.
which will take some time.
its not coming out with the switch but later.i assume june is the real release date. so somewhere along that month.

twitter.com/SciresM/status/816292559194558465

So if my 3DS is from EU and I get a US region gamr, can my freeshop or eShop update it to the latest version or they can update it only if its from the same region as the 3DS?

Who here on 11.2 is waiting for fasthax? What do you plan on doing with cfw ? besides free gaymes

Fasthax hype

Why wait for fasthax when you can already downgrade using the latest safehax?

I just did it now using the gbatemp thread and the guide and it worked much to my surprise.

>11.0
>Succesfully enter d9
>Press start instead of select for error

endmylifeplease

>people complain about having too many games after hacking and losing interest in playing
>meanwhile, I can't stop playing FF:E, Tetris, Hyrule Warriors and Bravely Default
also, anyone up for some explorers? I want to try coop.

so what about N3DS 11.2? I can do it ?

Wha- ? Really, user? On 11.2 ?
link ?

Have you tried updating homebrew launcher (boot.3dsx)? When waithax method first came out the dsiwarehax_installer would fail to run after waithax unless you were using the latest boot.3dsx.

yes. gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/

just do it

See
It took me 45 mins. Let me know if you need any help bbz

Just finished hacking my 3DS, it was really easy and not as luck based as I thought it would be
If you're having doubts about doing it or you're afraid that you might brick your 3DS, just do it and as long as you follow the guide fucking up is almost impossible
Cheers to everyone that made these stuff for hacking
Cheers to bros that keep the guide updated
And cheers to the anons that keep spoonfeeding and helping faggots here

i've redownloaded the starter zip about 3 times, so i'd hope i'd be using the latest boot.3dsx.

That's simply because those people download too many games at once, if you keep it at two or three games at a time, you're fine.

Same happens when you're full of christmas/birthday cash and splurge on a dozen of games.

Too many games at once is a mess.

See
>me in charge of links

>freeShop (embed)

I TRIED SO HARD

yo, which tetris?

does this new method work on 11.2 o3ds?

You still need fasthax dumbass. That means you still can't cfw your 11.2 3ds yet.

sup mang, I installed luma cfw on my 3ds when it was the new shit to do. haven't kept up in ages. what's new, luma still good? i have a luma updater cia installed from back then, should I use it? also did they update the fire emblem if fantranslation to also include the side characters affinity conversations? the last update I have is when the game was done and the core team abandoned the project, saying they leave the remaining stuff (affinity conversations) to a smaller, newer team

Is there an nnid unban yet?

PS4 piracy when
DQ8 when
Ever Oasis when
mSD adaptor when
Vita NAND redirection when

Can I use this guide to hack mine 3ds.guide/ right now if I'm on a N3DS 11.0?
Sorry for the new qiuestion

just because i posted the first page of the thread doesn't mean there are more pages. read on, and you will see multiple builds that were made with fasthax embedded and they work on 11.2.

It doesn't matter if I load the exploit from steelhax rather than soundhax, right?

I don't really feel like loading another exploit.

yea

m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5lsfar/112_downgrade_success_with_combined_safehaxfasthax/
People are reporting that the fasthax build by zoogie is working on 11.2. It lets you load decrypt9.

doesn't matter

Can Vita play PS1 games yet?

nope, maybe never

February

Also one of the comments there links to a modified boot.3dsx. That might help for those that are just getting a black screen when running safehax.

I made a Pokémon Fire Red .cia and already installed it, but when I try to play it, it gets stuck on a white screen.
How do I fix this? Is it a problem with the footer?

I need cash and wanna sell all my pristine DS games (those actually sell quite good on ebay, pokemon black, silver, advance war etc go for 20 bucks each minimum), which DS flashcard let's me use the CIA forwarders available for a hacked 3ds?

Should I leave wi-fi on for the hacking process?

So let me get this straight. I put everything needed on the sd card, then I run in order
HBL -> Fasthax -> Safehax -> Decrypt9?
The bible isn't very clear after
>Enter the homebrew launcher
>Get kernel11 access

Please respond

k11 access is the Safe+fasthax file from Zoogie.

Fasthax and safehax are bundled together in that zip

Does fasthax work on 11.0 or do i need to update first? Sick of black screen and hour long waithax

AND COME SO FAR

Fucking waste of an arm9 exploit. The idiot that leaked it should be shot.

please respond

So you put that zip folder on the 3ds folder and you are good to go?

Thanks, so I throw the folder with everything from the zip to the 3ds folder, go to HBL -> safehax, and follow the bible from there?

Is there any reason my New 3DS has "Old3DS speed" for waithax?

Better question: Is it worth worrying about?

Does this gbatemp.net/threads/want-to-install-adrenaline-but-no-psn-no-problem-sort-of.450551/page-3#post-6875510 still work to get some PSP demo (say Ape Quest) on the VITA?

What classic FPS can I play on my Vita?

I can get a .vpk for Duke 3D Megaton.

Doom and Hexen homebrew. Anything else?

don't worry about it. my n3ds had the same issue, still downgraded just fine.

Explain it to me? Why is this all so bad?

Seems like a fucking miracle

1. Obtain userland access from soundhax/steelhax/whatever else.
2. Launch safehax from HBL
3. Run Decrypt9 (which you should have renamed arm9.bin)
4. Follow 3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer

Nintendo's just going to patch it. It would have been better to wait until they were done updating the 3DS.

2 years worth of 3ds systems don't have to do the 9.2 downgrade.

They probably have another one anyway.

Nintendo haven't patched safe_mode_firm since 3.0

So I got it right, thank you very much. Taking this post to ask two more things for now before starting

Is there any risk in doing this while charging
And if zoogie's stuff doesn't work and black screens it's a brick or I can just reboot?

They will now.

>tfw o3ds 11.1
>neither a earlyfag nor a latefag at this point
>black screen on safehax

For someone who's been waiting for a whole year, guess two more day won't hurt a bit.

No risk in charging. Make sure you leave wifi on just so you don't have to remove your battery to re-enable it later.

You really can't brick if you follow a guide. Seriously. If you use the files suggested and read, none of those files could be harmful.

The fasthax and safehax stuff don't install anything and just give temp access to run decrypt9. They won't brick anything. Black screen is just a freeze from the app not starting.

Any help?

Someone told me MORE than 5 hours ago that fasthax would be "ready in 5 hours" but it's fucking not. What the fuck is going on?

Wait 5 hours.

Hey, can someone explain how to do this for me. I just want some free vidya and my 2ds is on 11.1.0.0-33E . What do I need to do to make that happen, help would be appreciated.

Are you on firmware 3.60? I read about an FPS for the PSP but I haven't played it.

wait for the guides to be finished

Update and use safehax by zoogie.

Do you need a screen reader to read the guide text?

Okay, I'm on a 11.2 EUR with Homebrew Channel access (soundhax) .
Can somebody explain how do I install cfw without bricking my 3ds?
I'm seeing posts of people who were able to do it but the information is so scattered I'm confused.

Will .cia games work with soundhax?

Will I lose access to my digital games after I hack my 3ds?

I'm not waiting anymore, I taught myself python since then and will finish it myself

Fuck I'm on 11.0

Has anyone tried downgrading on this firmware?

Use safehax+fasthax to run decrypt9
Use decrypt9 to CTRNAND transfer to 2.1
Install a9lh

desu I'd just wait for the guides to be updated

ultimate. haven't tried the other one yet.

No. You need to fully hack it with a9lh + luma, and install FBI to install cias.

No.

Yes.

I asked on /v/ but couldn't find an answer

I have an (apparently ancient) 3Ds. What do i do to play pirated games? It was already supposedly hacked years ago when i used to play NDS games with an R4i gold (which apparently doesn't work anymore), but as far as i got it that's an outdated system unable to play 3DS games, right?

literally who cares

just like what happened with 11.2, anyone who updates to whatever version comes next without installing CFW can fuck off, I'm getting tired of all this latefag pandering

>1.1.0

holy SHIT

3ds.guide

>1.1.0

>1.1.0
Damn, that is ancient. You'll need either a game cart to update you to at least 4.1, or just do a system update over wifi to 11.2.0 and wait for the fasthax beta hopefully today. Either way, 3ds.guide/ will cover you.

A cart update to something >=9.0 or jump to 11.2 and standby for confirmation of a working fasthax, by which i mean fuck off for a few days and return to find the guide updated.
Shame you can't just get yourself to 2.1 you'd be laughing.

H A H A
A
H
A

>IT DOESN'T WORK

nice

That MUST be ancient. How can you not update once since launch? Not played any games since PilotWings?

Okay, I prefer to wait then.
Does my 3ds need to be online to do this process? I'm scared nintendo might force update a firmware all of a sudden.

6 year old firmware

Anyone here try zoogie's 11.2 method? I'm tempted to try it since there's NO CHANCE OF BRICKING.

Do you have any game carts you can use to update? Are you willing to buy one?

If the answer is no, update to 11.2 right now and wait for fasthax, just in case nintendo releases 11.3 or some shit.

nah, soundhax has no online requirement

>1.1.0
damn son, you weren't kidding

>He didn't hack his 3DS already and comes crawling to /hbg/ for help

LITERALLY

NO
O

XCUSE
C
U
S
E