/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft. We're currently waiting on the new nost server release:

NEW NOST WILL RELEASE THE 7TH OF JANUARY!

Alliance:
discordapp.com/invite/tAZZ6Qg

Horde:
discord.gg/nEdP8ZM

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.de/rccf3d8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Druids are shit. Always kick them from your group and bring a more useful class instead.

WE

Reposting my question from last thread looking to get more feedback as it was right near the end.

What is it like playing Alliance? I have only ever played Horde both retail and private servers. How is the population difference compared to Horde? Any classes/races that I should avoid playing?

Alliance:
name is being voted on right now
add one of these to get an invite to alliance guild discord.

Squish#0671
Erlik#4852
qlurf#6906
Infamy#5916
Madti#7077

how about

Stop spamming my discord shit all the time holy shit

one or two generals ago there was a discussion of druids being decent tanks for dungeons while leveling. is this true? I do not wish for the warrior leveling experience again.

nice falseflagging

hahaha :3c

Puddi pls be my gf

Madti#7077 here
Please remove my discord from the OP, I can't invite people. Same with Qlurf and Erlik. Nice shitposting.

Druids are the best tanks while leveling.

Generally more immature people play Alliance. Also, you'll have to deal with more trannyfaggots and more "xD ima grill" types, because this is vanilla the vast majority of them play Night Elf or Human.

Nost PvP leans Horde. Nost PvE leans Alliance.

Avoid alliance warlock because you get cucked by undead

Druids can tank dungeons just fine.

Mommy mommy milk! Milk!

kek

Nice falseflagging, Erlik can actually invite

our beloved thread has clearly been infested with /wowg/ refugees

they have to go back

Erlik is a Salty Dogs member you fucking shitposter.

Generally I have the feeling more kids are on horde side, or just more people decide to act like kids on the horde side.
Horde races are superior in PvP
Alliance races are superior in PvE

nice try shitposter, but he aint no salty dogs

>Alliance are superior in PvE

Never understood this meme. It's not because of paladins because shaman are better. Can't be because of questing but Horde has it better there. Can't be for raid locations because Horde is closer to more of them.

>Shamans are better
No, blessings are great, better then totems for raiding. Even if it's only because of salvation. Diplomacy on humans is also great imo.

Salvation is just better than any totem by a long shot.

Less threat = more dps

>add Squish#0671 and ask for invite
>"invite? what do you mean Alliance? this is a CSGO discord"
>add Erlik#4852 and ask for invite
>"Alliance? sorry dude, this is Salty Dogs"
>add qlurf#6906 and ask for invite
>"invite? I only handle clique invites and you're not clique, buddy"
>add Infamy#5916 and ask for invite
>"this discord is full, try again tomorrow"
>add Madti#7077 and ask for invite
>"invite to discord? oh I thought you wanted to ERP"

am I getting memed? is there an actual Alliance discord?

Good class for a first time player? I was thinking of rolling an Orc/Tauren Warrior on the fresh server but I've heard they are quite hard to level and so I'd probably only level one with a main character giving them things over time.

strawpoll.de/rccf3d8

Vote for new server or existing

My son played in the guild named Nihilium on the funserver Kronos II and he was influenced by his friends in the guild to become both gay and trans at the same time. Now he is serving in the Middle East as a gay transexual marine because Americans actually let gay transexuaks in the military lmao. This post is a warning to all other mothers that browse this thread. Please have make your son roll Horde or he will become transexual and gay and even worse a US Marine

Squish here, you never added me.

No. We're all going Salty Dogs with Meerkatz on Hellground.

I did

I would add you again but you blocked me

please tell me thats a joke and meer isn't making another hellground guild

Just be yourself man. Only class you can't roll is main tank for a raid because it's a role reserved for guild officers.

mage is best starter class

No you didn't, I didn't blocked anyone. Damn shitposter

the burden of proof is on u

Is the Nostalrius forum suppose to be down? Had a nice class guide i was reading there earlier but can't access now.

Guys, I don't want to alarm you, but I think there is something weird going on.

According to wikipedia WoW came out in late 2004. However I do have vivid memories of 9/11 happening while I was playing WoW.

I read it first in trade chat and then turned out the TV. The whole chat went crazy and even GMs tried to calm people down. I talked with my guild mates for years about this.

But 9/11 was in 2001. How the fuck is this possible?

Are we getting played here?

>not an arguement

Shaman have always been considered the best pve healers and supporters, sorry paladinfags

Sorry only cute boys puddi knows irl are allowed in.

warrior/priest are the hardest classes to roll for first time imo.

Go rogue or mage, those are the easiest.

>Fixed some remaining French gossips in Stratholme.

what was the deal with this one?

You're thinking about 9/11 2 which happened in 2006

>Not Warlock or Hunter

Are warriors good at DPS in raids and dungeons then? Tanking sounds cool and I'd want to give it a shot but if I roll Warrior as a DPS, will people just shun me?

How so? I have heard hunters are but that they fall off at end game.

you were probably playing everquest or something

>Shaman have always been considered the best pve healers and supporters

This isn't TBC user. Priests are the best healers. Paladins have the best support.

No shit, this is vanilla, my statement is true.
>Priests are the best healers. Paladins have the best support.
hahaha holy shit

HOLY FUCK

i have the same memories

Small number of NPC's still had some french text dialogue

>Warrior is hard meme

Leveling isn't hard in Vanilla. If you think taking two weeks longer to hit 60 is enough for you to not roll a class fuck off desu.

You really should tank your own dungeons if you're planning to be a DPS warrior. It makes it 100x easier to get the items you'll need to start doing meaningful DPS in a raid.

Warrior dps endgame is the best dps there is. But 75% of warriors want to dps endgame

I think its a racial thing. Humans are the best melee pve race and dwarves have fearward.

Turn around real quick, if it's blurry that means motion blur is on and that you are in a simulation.

Shhhh dont tell anyone. I want to be 1/10 tanks on the server.

WoW isn't hard in general. It's just that in my experience, leveling warrior is the most annoying because you have the most downtime of all classes, and if your gear is bad you can't kill higher level mobs.

Can't tell if you're shitposting or actually retarded.

It's a range of things. Paladins have kings and salvation, the dwarves bring fear ward, humans have sword (best weapons in for most of vanilla) racial.

The difference isn't as huge as people make out, but Alliance definitely have a better overall PvE toolkit.

Warrior DPS is the highest in Vanilla. In 5 mans you're going to be tanking if you go Warrior no matter what. You will also be group leader and free to kick any other Rogues/plate wearers.

You simply shifted into another reality where WoW was made in 2004.

mage can solo really fast with quad or quint kiting

mage has lots of spells that really help out a group, polymorph alone ensures most 5 mans get at least 1 mage

mage gets ports and summons expensive ass drinks/food (starts being really noticable at 40)

Nost core is confirmed dead. We're playing on an entirely different core. They fucking lied to us.

i see, thank you.

Yeah man. We are all playing on Valkyrie and we love it. We all love playing on Valkyrie. Problem?

>including stats from funservers

>muh fearward

How to spot a shit guild. Human priest is better because of spirit

QUEUEING
U
E
U
I
N
G

Can we chill with the blatant racism just for a moment? 9/11 wasn't an Islam thing. #notallmuslims

So, my husband's account was one of those many banned at the end of 2016 and we had no idea why. He filed an appeal, and was told that it was because he was trafficking gold. This is absurd, so we actually got a higher appeal and this was what happened:

Back story: Said husband is an avid farmer, having 300ish gold left on his account from old Nost when he copied it over. At the time of ban he had around 1300 gold and that was after he financed my level 40 mount (I started way later than he did). He gets most of his gold from black lotus farming and selling blues on the AH.

Senior GM talks to me in discord. Says that on one of the first days he sold 2 shadowcraft pieces for 100g apiece, and a known gold seller bought them. On the 23rd his warlock alt sold a low level blue for 25g and a different known gold seller bought them. That this was enough evidence that he was obviously buying gold. In fact, he told me that I needed to not trust my husband because he obviously lied to me. Spoiler alert I control 100% of the finances in the house.

Now, I tried to appeal to his reasonable sensible side. He has 1300 gold on his account. Why would he risk anything by buying 225 gold? It makes no sense. At the time this happened he had hundreds of gold.

So then he said that mine would have to be looked into, since he gave me money for my mount and that he'd have to hear me plead my case too. Went afk and asked for my final stance which was the same. We haven't ever bought gold. Neither of us, and it's messed up to punish someone for just trying to play the AH.

Everyone should have a mage alt for dm east farming anyway

>Same fucking UD rogue has been killing leveling people in searing gorge for about 3 hours now
I don't get it

Good retort!

You mean Nostalrius?

Thanks lad "hahaha holy shit" was a great one as well.

>Spoiler alert I control 100% of the finances in the house.

>retard thinks paladins are better than shaman at healing.
>Stronger party buffs
>Better heals
>Getting rid of debuffs
>Can prevent wipes with reincarnation

Horde get raped in every bg by alliance premades. Horde ques are 30mins long on average. Have to gank people out in the world just to keep enough honor to rank up because of all the chinese 24/7 afk account sharers.

Why are there no druids in dungeons, the only time i see them is while im out questing, and they generally have chink names and just tag fucking mobs slowing down other questers?
i mean you would think they would be half decent in dungeons, they can decurse iirc, not to mention they can back up heal or tank while still providing damage.
But i never see any in dungeons?

How come my chat/combat log font size resets on every logout?
I'm using Prat and the command to setall fontsize doesn't work, keep getting a "this command is disabled" error in chat...
Anyone know how to keep my font size saved?

lolwut? Horde dominate every BG outside of AV

Most of these retailbabys probably never even made it to 60 on vanilla.

i dunno much about Paladins in vanilla, but i feel like Chain healing is a great skill, and that shamans bring a lot to groups with there totems, i mean, Paladins can't absorb a spell like Grounding Totem can.

They're quite good.

Great Warrior > Great Druid > Good Druid > Average Druid > Bad Druid > Good Warrior > Awful Druid > Average-Bad-Awful Warrior

WF Totem > Salv on fights that aren't infinite rage.

Classes with a lot of buttons or a lot of mechanics would be best to avoid if you're not used to MMOs. For PvE the hardest classes to play would be Prot Warrior in 5 mans, Holy Priest in raiding and Hunter in raiding. Easiest ones would be Hunter except in raiding, Paladin in general and 1 button classes like Mages/Warlocks for raiding.

In PvP, the skill cap is incredibly high for Warlocks, Mages, Rogues and Warriors since they have a ton of buttons and cooldowns to manage.

i was told hunters were good

where are the shadow priests at in that list?

That's honestly sad

>Warrior "DPS"

xD really makes you think
what's her name /v/?
ebin reddit
le cuck pottery :___Ddd

dolan pls

Here

Not there because he isn't allowed to use 90% of his abilities and is only there to buff warlock dps
cmon now

>Sims

LMAO

Your own fault for believing reddit-tier erp casuals and not looking this up on realmplayers

>joining this guild