I'm looking to buy a Wrangler and customize it close to pic related. Opinions?

I'm looking to buy a Wrangler and customize it close to pic related. Opinions?

I don't like the rims, by the way; they're too big for my taste.

what kinda mall parking lots are you up against?

really tough ones.

Get an old shitbox landcruiser instead

>but you don't NEED a Jeep like that
there's the door

>Opinions?
You're a cunt, but it's a free country.

Aight, you seem cool my boy. In all seriousness

>not personally a fan of LED light bars of any type, I prefer the old KC highlights style of off-road light, like what's on the front of the brushguard
>if you do end up doing lights I personally think it looks tacky to mix and match LED light bars with classic lamps
>front bumper looks like its plastic, if you're going off-road there's a good chance it'll get tore up
>wheels are a bit gaudy + too big like you said
>unsure about the aftermarket head lights
>mismatched smoked front turn signals but normal amber side-markers? (they both light up btw)

That's all I really have an opinion on in regard to physical appearance. It's gonna be your vehicle so obviously do what you want with it but in the original post you asked for opinions. All in all if you like it that's what matters, friend

Thanks.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

I agree with your viewpoint on the lights. The traditional style KCs look great, but the LEDs offer many advantages over them. I also have a different type of headlights in mind for my Jeep.

There are LOTS of aftermarket bumpers available for the Wrangler. I would certainly explore my options.

Thanks again, user.

If you can show me where old Land Cruisers are sold for cheap in the US, be my guest.

There is no point in taking somthing that nice into the woods, you will destroy it. It you want to wheel, get an old beater.

True, but I don't plan on using my Wrangler for rock crawling or heavy off roading. I live in the mountains of southwest Virginia. There are lots of rural, rough mountain roads and hard to access places. I intend on using it as a DD that looks nice and is comfortable but is also capable of going anywhere I'd like, especially when there's deep snow. Plus, in the summer it will be a blast to take fishing or camping with the roof and doors off.

You need to tell us right right the bat that you want it as a mall crawler. Don't be ashamed, you need to put that out there so we can give proper advice.

I don't. None of the mods on that Wrangler are extreme or show-boaty at all. A small lift, wheels, lights, rock guards, and a bumper is all it appears to have. It looks great in my eyes and will accommodate everything I need it for. However, as a DD, it will surely be seeing a few trips to Walmart, if that's what you want to hear.

If that's all you're doing with it, why spend so much money on things you won't actually need? Just get a set of good All-Terrain tires, maybe some off-road lights and a leveling kit, and you'll be fine.

I can also tell you from personal experience, Jeeps like the one in the OP's pic aren't comfy. The lifts make them ride very rough, and make the already bad fuel economy worse.

You never know what you'll run into. I'd like to be safe than sorry. And there are plenty of 2.5"-3" lift kits available for JKs that are known to have great ride quality, relatively speaking.

>Opinions

Well, make good use of your modifications

Never had a snorkel that never dove underwater?

Nah, never had a snorkel on any of my cars

The Volvo - no reason to add one, just look at how tall the thing was
The Mercedes - no explanation needed
The Hilux - no need for it yet, and I don't think I'll ever have it either

I understand why people want to put loads of equipment on their cars and make them as capable as possible, but for my personal taste its just another form of rice, or perhaps even worse as these modifications will almost all the time make the type of driving "those" people do worse.

On my vehicles I'll only ever add/do stuff that I'll use and have a need for. 33 wheels for better clearance and better performance, lights because I want to see shit and so on

from wikipedia:
>For extreme off-road driving enthusiasts (or those who merely like the way it looks), similar snorkel equipment is available as an aftermarket accessory for many civilian four-wheel drive vehicles
>or those who merely like the way it looks

Also, what Merc do you have?

>FCA

into the trash it goes

I'm not sure why you're quoting wikipedia... are we disagreeing on something or have I missed something?

I had a 1998 C240 from May 2013 up until July 2016

>memes

Thats why you move to straya

>unlimited JK
youll be known as a pussy if you drive one of those
get a TJ wrangler with a 4.0 I6 much better than a shitbox JK

do research on "death wobble"

nice meme

Do it.. get some 32's a rear locker and a small short arm kit.

All you need for little trails.

nice cop out

FJ65s and even newer ones are cheaper than buying a new wrangler but you'd have to pay cash because they're too old to finance. 4 door wranglers are cuck mobiles.

Do research on
>not keeping up with suspension wear acceptable for old / highly modified vehicles.
"death wobble" isn't something that just happens with a new vehicle.

ffs
do your research
if you did you'd know your statement is incorrect
stock/unmodified vehicles can and do get the DW's

No, they don't. Provide an example of a new, unmodified vehicle getting "death wobble".

"death wobble" is caused by worn suspension components causing a shitty suspension geometry, plain and simple.

my vehicles
my tj had them it was modified so i thought it was do to that as well
my jk got it in 2 months
traded jk in for an fj

>tj = modified, worn out suspension
>jk = could be up to 10 years old with worn out suspension components
Huh, weird.

keep trying to find the flaws mang
it was a brand spanking new JoKe
i'm not trying to bust anyone's ass
i'm just sharing my experience
this was fun though
thanks for the laugh

>4 door hard top Sahara
gross

>driving on roads with any lift whatsoever
GROSS

clearly whatever you drive is a cuck mobile.

kek, op btfo

LITERALLY A MALL CRAWLER

You can just buy a $70 steering stabilizer to remedy that.

as someone that lives in the American south, i can't wait to pick up one of these on the cheap when gas prices go back up. all the little 20 something girls and the bros that don't want to damage paint can barely afford insurance on these, much less a new tire when one blows.

you're delusional