/hbg/ - Hacking and Homebrew General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-fasthax alpha was released
-freeShop (embed) was DMCA'd, still can be installed through ... methods
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.05 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/
3ds.guide/
gbatemp.net/threads/want-to-install-adrenaline-but-no-psn-no-problem-sort-of.450551/page-3#post-6875510
gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-36#post-6974942)
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5lsfar/112_downgrade_success_with_combined_safehaxfasthax/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bricks

>-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.
kek

here's a little lesson in history

>11.0
>Black screens
>Get steel diver
>Install exploit
WAITHAX ROUND 4

If you're getting a black screen, all you have to do is insert a game cartridge.

I have a O3DS emunand. Should I wait for the new hack or just use the a9lh guide?

Xth for Vita memory card adapters

this is going down in trickery

Are the guides in the OP updated for 11.2 fasthax

11.2 o3ds gets a black screen at the step in

>gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/

When I go to the dukesrg github link

What do?

>11.2
>brown screen
>closet full of mini wiis knocking at the door

RUN

see

not an argument

Successfully downgraded to 2.1 from a 11.2 EUR N3DS.
On my way to install cfw, I think. Hopefully I won't put it into sleep mode and destroy everything

>3ds.guide/
is always updated

But I have Omega Ruby in the 3ds

THE POSTER BELOW IS A KNOWN BRICKER

What's a fair price to sell a hacked old 3DS for?

Reposting.

So, my n3DS doesn't turn on any more and I know fuck all why.
When I charge it and try to turn it on then, the power LED powers up for a split second and turns off again but the charger LED stays on.
Is the battery fucked?
Could I use the battery of my o3DS or could it lead to the death of it some way?
I know that the second question might be nonsensical but I have almost no experience on that level of electronics.

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

Just stared waithax, if I have to start this again but with a cartridge I'll be fucking pissed.

>downgraded to 2.1 from a 11.2

Did you install a9lh?
Because your problem sounds exactly like not having an SD card in, or not having a9lh.bin on your SD card

when i go to inject FBI in hourglass9, it doesn't see any of the fbi apps i put in files9, only the hs.app that I already dumped. Did I not install arm9loaderhax correctly?

>tfw lurking for stability

Nice try, bricker.

MORE LIKE A BRICKED OLD 3DS, U FUCKER

Have you not been in the threads for the past 5 hours?

>Adrenaline PSP
You can bypass update spoofing lockout with IDU mode + Package installer method.

If you don't have PSP game usable for it due to update spoof issue, follow this guide: gbatemp.net/threads/want-to-install-adrenaline-but-no-psn-no-problem-sort-of.450551/page-3#post-6875510

Managed to re-deploy Monkey Quest Demo and set it from 0 with WipEout Pulse Demo.

Changes from guide:
- If you have saved AP, set its IPs, GW and DNS to some random values, set it to not automatically connect and disable WiFi.
- I used offline henkaku to disable IDU, worked. SET IT IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!

Important notes:
-You will have 5 minutes until auto reboot in IDU mode.

If you're talking about sighax then by then no-one will bother telling you how to update that old shit, so just do it now.

You can use fasthax instead of waithax.

No, it's not because of a9lh.
If I wouldn't have arm9loaderhax.bin, it'd power up just fine with the exception that it wouldn't boot.
In my case however, it doesn't turn on at all. As in, pressing the power button doesn't do anything.

gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/ following this guide.
I'm still prone to bricking though, if you put 2.1 n3ds on sleep mode, it's all over

Which has more chance of working ropehax or gunhax?

Yes, it is because of a9lh. That's a symptom of not having arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD.

Just check if you have the damn thing. If not, put it in there and boot it.

Just wait for timemachinehax and go from the start.

>If I wouldn't have arm9loaderhax.bin, it'd power up just fine with the exception that it wouldn't boot.
>In my case however, it doesn't turn on at all. As in, pressing the power button doesn't do anything.
I'm literally going by what you said
>When I charge it and try to turn it on then, the power LED powers up for a split second and turns off again but the charger LED stays on.
When I remove my SD card, the power LED powers up for a split second and turns off again. It never does anything else

On 11.0 and don't wanna update in case 11.3.
I bought this 2ds as a test before I did my 11.2 2ds, looks like I'll just have to do my main one first lol.

Can I just do a system transfer from my O3DS to my N3DS after finishing the guide with SoundHax & safehax? Which data is transferred exactly?

You don't need to update to use fasthax. It works on 11.0 and 11.1 too.

can't wait for that to electrocute me

>People actually trying falling for brickhax

WELCOME TO A9LH, IT"S WORKING YOU DIPSHIT

yourmomhax

What the fuck are you talking about? I know it's working. I'm telling the person with the problem. Fucking retard.

Alright, losers, it's not necessarily hacking but I think it's close enough to wager you all will hear my pleas.
I am attempting to use Homepass to actually get streetpasses in this unpopulated span of forest. Using nbahomepass 1.0, I managed to secure a stable line of streetpasses once. A few days later, I boot it up and now it doesn't work.
The 3DS recognizes the ConsoleNintendo3DS hotspot, but doesn't connect to it automatically.
The ConsoleNintendo3DS hotspot has minimal packets being sent, but no packets being received.
I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm on Ver. 11.2.0-35U. Any help would be nice.

>just finished installing safehax through the guide(gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-36#post-6974942) with no problem
What the hell do i do now?
How do i install fbi?
I only used rxtool and that handheld the shit outta me.

I spilled tea on my ds lite and it wouldnt turn off but had no problemn turning on after I removed the battery.

A few months have passed and it wont turn on, anyone know what I killed?

Why not just use doesntbrixhax so you don't risk it?

Make sure the SD card is fully inserted in. It does that as a failsafe so you don't corrupt anything, or simply the 3DS can't boot up without an SD card insert correctly.

You did try pressing left/right/up/down right? Have to scroll to the fbi app and select it. Also make sure those .app files are directly in the files9 folder and not inside another folder in there.

Why does my 2.1 o3ds get a black screeen every time I try the github installer of safehax? I have a cart in but that doesnt seem to make a difference

We're talking zoogie's, right?

Is there a way to use Luma without having to update it? Trying to do so just causes Luma to crash until I reboot. I'm just trying to overclock my n3DS.

Are you trying to use Luma updater to update? If so, don't bother. Download it from github and put the arm9loaderhax.bin onto your SD card manually.

So I can't play my WiiU online if the I have the pastebin DNS on?

fucking did it bros, fucked up some steps along the way but they didnt seem to impede the progress and now I'm here. First time "hacking" anything since PSP with a Pandora Battery.

N3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition with dual IPS panels, time to fuck them up with deblurred GBA VC cias.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You can.

u can

Ah, is the Luma updater still garbage then I take it?

You probably missed the "pressing the power button doesn't do anything" part.
The LED only powers up for a split second if I connect it to the charger. Which wasn't the case for, was it? You wrote that yourself.

It's not fucking a9lh because it's not even relevant at this point.
The n3DS doesn't have it installed.

Yes, multiple people in this thread got it to work on different versions:
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5lsfar/112_downgrade_success_with_combined_safehaxfasthax/

yeah, I tried both the stick and the dpad and it stayed on hs.app. In the dump, I can change what h&s gets dumped to freely, but not in injection. and all of the .app files are in file9 itself

Is there a way to transfer files from my 3ds to my computer without having to remove the sd card?

yes

Help?

Then fucking tell us you haven't even installed a9lh in the first place, idiot. What point in the guide are you in?

Congrats bro
I also managed to downgrade as well
God smiles on us

You contradicted yourself then
>When I charge it and try to turn it on then, the power LED powers up for a split second
>pressing the power button doesn't do anything

I assumed the "doesn't do anything" was you trying to say the blue light was nothing. "try to turn it on" makes it sound like you're pressing the power button and the blue light appears.

>It's not fucking a9lh because it's not even relevant at this point.
Why the fuck didn't you just say that then?

FTPD

safehax?

Then is their sever down? I can't play online right now. I'm using 104.236.072.203 on primary and secondary.

Forgot to mention, whatever you do, don't put your system on sleep mode while on 2.1
It will brick.

got fasthax+safehax working on 11.00U!

All I was missing was putting a cartridge in the slot... now I have to pray that the downgrading goes well

so if freeshop is gone, what the fuck can you do to get games?

FTPD (it comes with starter.zip) and you can install cia version to run it directly. You can then access the 3ds with a ftp client or in any windows explorer address bar type ftp:// followed by the 3DS IP:Port.

Did you just assume what I'm doing right now?
I wanted to do it now but then I noticed this shit happened.

No contradiction here, to be honest.
I explicitly stated the charger when it was relevant. And left it out when it wasn't plugged. But I can see why you think that.
My bad.

what are you playing?

In the guide it says to delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from the files9 folder once you've ran safehax.

Seeing as that means I have to pull the SD card, Am I right to assume I can turn the system off or put it in sleep mode and continue later? I need to go be a wagecuck for a few hours and need a stopping point till I get back.

Guys my 3DS is hacked, how do I change my 3DS' region from Japanese? I can't read jack shit.

Yeah, followed Hyoretsu's guide + files all the way up to the arm11 url on 2.1, then switched over to Plailect's for FBI injection and finishing up.

I started on 11.2

Is anyone still pretending this /"homebrew" general/ is not /piracy general/?

What??? Just tell us the specific step and section of the guide you're in, so we can help you.

Don't sleep mode, but you can turn it off, sure.
Well you can sleep mode on o3ds, but turn it off anyway

Asked in a dead thread so reposting here..

Was installing cfw on my 3ds with the guide and when I got to renewing title keys I accidentally said yes to installing tickets from cdn but canceled them due to big download sizes. Now my previously installed games are gone. Save files are still stored right? So simply redownloading them is gonna be good enough?

I was trying to play smash, I check the internet connection with DNS on and it won't connect to internet. I checked without DNS on and it did connect to the internet.

Getting removed from github doesn't stop it from working. Download it from somewhere else.

What entry point did you use? Soundhax?

I didn't even start. Can't you read?
>I wanted to do it (i.e. the guide) now.

I keep getting this screen when I go to install a9lh, why is o3ds hacking so much more difficult than n3ds?

I bought tons of 3ds legit games.
I only want to try GBA roms since I never had a GBA as a kid. Also, hacking a 11.2 boosted up my confidence a lot and it's fun.

Just press select

no one has ever pretended

this picture is more relevant than ever

stay safe, bricko

I thought you meant that step.

...You're kinda dense.
Anyway, it's weird that your 3DS is doing that. I'd assume the battery was completely dead. Have you tried turning it on after charging it a bit more?

Maybe it only works if you have a good game inserted.

I got that screen too and after waiting a minute on my n3ds it installed

Why do you want to change the region?

see you in 5 hours bricko