I would.

because it doesnt and wont exist

so much this

JUST REMEMBER ITS ALMOST DONE GUYS JUST ONE MORE YEAR

I sure as hell wouldn't

>FWD
>will never see production
>another scam like the Dale
Take your pick. All 3 are correct though.

V A P O R W A R E
A
P
O
R
W
A
R
E

>buy car for sole reason that it gets 92mpg
>put in motor that gets 11mpg

I'd take one around a track, they'll likely never come out though.

They claim to reach 5 star cash test ratings. Of course this is based on their own internal testing, so its not worth much.

Its definitely not a scam, but a case of one guy being way too ambitious. Parts have been ordered, man hours spent, work has been done. The owner of the company doesn't have the funds to get these mass produced, he wants more investors. They still have the underlying issue of being classified as a motorcycle as well. That means prospective drivers would need a motorcycle license, and some states may even require the use of a helmet while inside the vehicle. Thats an instant killer on the market. So even if they did start turning them out the potential buyers are immediately locked out.

because if you are gonna swap anything into that piece of shit it better be a busa swap.

Underated post

Get 'em while they're hot. They're going to pull a Trump BK soon.

jalopnik.com/elio-motors-future-looks-doubtful-with-100-000-in-the-1790947889

>buying an abandoned/dilapidated pontiac factory.

This thing should be made in a fucking 50k square foot warehouse. 100+ million in debt? Fucking how? They are pullling a Mitt Romney, rack up the debt in the corporate name and giving them selves massive salaries and bonuses. Business goes under and all the debt is in the companies name.

I wonder how much it would take to actually make this fucking thing. I want to do it.

>123m deficit
>IIHS tests it
>small offset just rips off the front wheel harmlessly
>moderate offset just equates to the entire front hitting the barrier
as long as it's got good structural strength, and a decent SRS, it should be fine

It costs a lot of money to design and prototype a vehicle, including making your own brand new engine block, when you don't have economy of scale on your side.

>including making your own brand new engine block
isn't this shit just based on the geo metro engine

no. sadly.

this

The original prototype was. They actually designed and manufactured a whole new engine block for later prototytpes.

Why not use the original Geo Metro design them? They'll just spend more time and money developing the prototype.

They probably needed it to hit their fuel efficiency goals. Its easy to reach high efficiency with a low drag vehicle driving at highway speeds, but stop and go driving in the city is a different matter.

I can understand that.

They got too ahead of themselves I assume? I mean 80+ MPG is outlandish. 50 could have been a good starting point and they could have increased the MPG per new iteration.

what about side impact and rollover though? I have less hope for those.

>people literally bought something that doesn't exist

>They claim to reach 5 star cash test ratings. Of course this is based on their own internal testing, so its not worth much.
Also remember that crash test ratings are relative to the vehicle's class... a five-star subcompact is inherently less safe than a five-star midsize sedan of the same year.

Considering that there aren't any similar vehicles on the road that I know of, I don't even know what class they'd use to rate an Elio. If it's "five stars" by motorcycle or golf cart standards, that's not saying much.

For all the weight you'd pack on with two motors and the battery capacity to supply them, you'd probably want something a bit more built. Stronger wheels, bigger brakes, rigid fork... diminishing returns over a motorcycle really.

Because I for one like burning gasoline, not oil.

>no pedals

>sohc, looks like 2 valves per cylinder
How come they're using such a basic head? Is it really more fuel efficient than a 4 valve twin cam?