What does Veeky Forums think of a bachelors in HVACR Engineering Technology and Energy Management

What does Veeky Forums think of a bachelors in HVACR Engineering Technology and Energy Management

is this a meme degree?
catalog.ferris.edu/program/462

>Graduate placement rate has been near 100% since the program was founded in 1984, with starting salaries currently averaging $53,000 per year.

bamp

>you have to complete a two-year degree to enroll in this two-year program
In that time, you could earn a real engineering degree

2+2=4

bachelors=4 years

What exactly did you expect?

do you have passion for air conditioning, OP?

I don't know

Then go for a more general engineering degree.

Nigga, it does not take 4 years to learn how to fix an air conditioner

If you want to get into HVAC, go for an ME degree.

The 2 year degree is to fix the air conditioner

the BS isn't for fucking fixing air conditioners jesus christ you're retarded use your god damn head it's common sense

this doesn't require calculus

>adjusting PID controllers doesn't require calculus
It requires differential equations, which requires calculus. Anyone that says otherwise is memeing you.

I worked with these design engineers when I was in college. I ran the power plants they comissioned them. Be prepared to be grilled by the chief engineer and showing off a new plant to a bunch of people who have been actually running the stuff for like 20+ years of experience. Don't do this if you can't present things and are autistic like most of Veeky Forums.

all I see is trig, no calculus.

So it's not entirely a meme degree

Definitely a good degree for buying LAND

if you want to get into HVAC go get a fucking job at a HVAC company. AND THEN go to school for it. Alot of HVAC companies want experience, not some bullshit degree. the same goes for electrical and plumbing.

Source: ive been the foreman right under a general contractor for 5 years and know 2 HVAC company OWNERS very very well and will tell you what i just said.

ORC is better you faggot, now stop spamming Veeky Forums with your shit stock.

I just want a token degree and it has engineering in the title so can't I get a job anywhere with it

It's a meme degree.

Get a real engineering degree

Nice dubs. But you know, this board has IDs, right? Fucking samefags will never learn

lol
don't even know what the point of samefagging that would be. Makes me question boards without Ids

This. OP is a faggot, kill yourself.

>OP can't do calculus

lmao

This. What a cuckold.

I get that OP is a faggot, but I still want to point out that tradesmen make more money than engineering technologists, there is more room for career advancement, and you waste less time in school. The question is are you willing to sacrifice earning potential so that you can work in an office instead of getting your hands dirty.

OP is indeed a faggot.

>hot as fuck
>no AC in 100y.o. house
>HVAC pro wants $9000 to install system
>do that shit myself for $3300 + $1400 in tools

Installing AC units can be learned watching youtube videos. The whole system of HVAC licensing is basically designed to prevent retards from venting refrigerant into the air, even though most modern refrigerants have an atmospheric half-life a fraction of CO2's (for example R-1234yf that is the new automobile standard only stays in the atmosphere for 10 days). Shit is not rocket science.

>11 posts from this id
desperate in a slow board?