& Humanities

>& Humanities

This board was never meant to work

NEITHER WAS LIFE

You're right humanities should be merged to Veeky Forums

>humanities should be merged to Veeky Forums
Humanities are neither a science nor history. I wonder how do people that study it feels?

It always make me laugh when I see this meme.

I originally came here for the history but the quality of the history threads is absolutely shit tier. The history part of the board is its most epic failure.

That doesn't even make sense. History is one of the humanities.

/rel/ when?

no seriously i'm so fucking tired of catholishits derailing threads with their nonsensical protestant hatred

>but the quality of the history threads is absolutely shit tier. The history part of the board is its most epic failure.

Not really, quite the contrary.

i don't know what's worse. Veeky Forums with dates or /pol/ lite

I guess you've never studied history at any sort of level above high school. I've been here since the start and there hasn't been a single decent history thread other than the image sharing ones.

If you think they are actually good you must be one of the "make shit up in your own head and call it 'history'" brigade that wrecked the board in the first place.

Point me to one currently active thread where people are doing this...

>When discussing history, please reference credible source material, and provide as much supporting information as possible in your posts.

... as per the original sticky.

It varies.

Much of it is just /pol/ with dates, or outright shit
but sometimes we get real gems.

I agree that the history threads are absolute shit.

But I also believe this board should just be "Humanities". Because history sure as shit isn't a social science.

>>& Humanities
As if the majority isn't history related. And still kinda sucks.

>I guess you've never studied history at any sort of level above high school. I've been here since the start and there hasn't been a single decent history thread other than the image sharing ones.

I guess this is not an argument, you aren't pointing out what's bad in those threads and just making dumb assumptions.

>you must be one of the "make shit up in your own head and call it 'history'" brigade

Any concrete example of that?

You just come off as what you are, an arrogant, pretentious nobody.

People are all a little bit of people people deep down OP u just gotta find what U love and are good at and care about and want to do in life and find ideas or academia or people that are similar OP....

History requires analysis and creativity and thinking and a little bit of negotiation and cooperation and depends on what u love and care about and think is beautiful and can relate to

>Any concrete example of that?

Every single thread where there's no citations being given. As in all of them.

>you aren't pointing out what's bad in those threads

Yes I did, there's no citations, all of them just involve a bunch of people making stuff up, most of who are completely clueless.

>Every single thread where there's no citations being given.

Most threads have citations actually.

>there's no citations

There are multiple citations

>a bunch of people making stuff up

False.

>Most threads have citations actually.

I asked you earlier to point me to one. Go ahead.

Everything but history, art, architecture, and religion should not be allowed here. Philosophy should be moved back to Veeky Forums and "political science" (which isn't allowed anyway but for some reason is allowed to exist as long as its phrased intellectually with enough -isms) should go to /pol/.

I'm fucking sick of all these "does existence exist lmao" and "how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real lmao" threads.

this. This board should be about history without humanities trash.

Dagos ruin everything.

Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with you people? You realize you're on Veeky Forums, right? Do you really expect a board full of history majors to write you a fucking fully referenced academic essay on a board they use to unwind in their spare time?

The history discussion here is actually startlingly good considering it takes place anonymously on a barely-moderated board on a site notorious for being the asshole of the internet. There are hundreds of "serious business" history forums on the internet, I suggest you fuck off there or Reddit.

> →
>bad
get out

&Humanities allows us to occasionally have theatre discussions, which we can have nowhere else because there's no /tht/ or /pfa/ board (yet we have a board about math and another about cars since there's so much discussion there and like five hundred about video games.)

>Do you really expect a board full of history majors to write you a fucking fully referenced academic essay on a board they use to unwind in their spare time?
This isn't a board full of history majors. I say this as someone who got a history degree a few months back. This is a board full of Redditors and high schoolers who spend too much time playing Paradox games.

>implying it wouldn't be /tv/ 2.0

This too, you see it all the threads where everybody seems to equate territorial extent to how "good" the empire was.

I was honestly more worried about it becoming Veeky Forums, though /tv/ has a lot of /pol/ in it now and since theatre does tons of colorblind casting I can see how it can cause problems.

It's fun, but a bad fit for Veeky Forums.

>/rel/

I bet 50% of the posts will be about a specific kind of hat and the other 50% will be endless Catholics vs Protestant shitposting

>everybody seems to equate territorial extent to how "good" the empire was.
Not only that but they also act as if every group of people act as one mass of moving bodies in 90% of cases because they're used to seeing digital states move on digital maps with representations of digital armies fighting digital wars that somewhat resemble historical conflicts.
Anytime someone calls grand strategy games 'historical simulations' I get triggered. I once got in an argument with some faggot on here who claimed that playing a couple years of Vicky 2 makes you a qualified economist. He may have been trolling, but he also may not have been.

>Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with you people? You realize you're on Veeky Forums, right? Do you really expect a board full of history majors to write you a fucking fully referenced academic essay on a board they use to unwind in their spare time?

Sure Veeky Forums is Veeky Forums, I'm here as well, but let's quit this pretentious little meme that there's quality history threads going on here compared to low quality general humanities threads.

>The history discussion here is actually startlingly good

I laughed so hard I blew coffee out of my nose.

>Muslims, Jews, and Hindus don't post on Veeky Forums

Exactly, and because they're so used to seeing war as merely little sprites bumping around and lines forming on maps they obviously lose track of how bad it can be, having no sense of scale when they see casualty numbers of any kind.

Also don't get me started how it gives them some weird dumbass state-racial ideology where they're incapable of thinking in terms of individuals.