What does Northern Europe & the Alps do for winter snow problems?

What does Northern Europe & the Alps do for winter snow problems?

I'm in Western Canada and all they do is dump buckets full of sand on the road increasing traction minimally, and making our city dirt filthy year round. Like the road median will still be a asteroid field in July.

Seriously I envy car guys in the south with clean underbodies while here every ratchet pull yields a sprinkle of dirt in the face and every bumper has several pounds of dirt trapped behind it.

Other urls found in this thread:

carscoops.com/2014/01/adac-official-admits-to-manipulating.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

learn to drive

in Germany you can get heavily fined if you don't remove snow from the top or bottom of your vehicle because they could break free and damage the car behind you/heavily disturb the view and your license plate which has to be visible all time.
if you don't clean your car at least once every three months (with undercarriage sealing) you fail your TÜV. every German has a booklet in his car where they get the stickers from the car wash they have to show while attending TÜV.
also winter tires are a must in winter ( if lower than 3 celsius) and all weathers will be banned in 2020 since the ADAC showed in a study that they don't provide optimal braking in wet conditions or on ice.

>Unterbodenversiegelungsaufkleber

>Americans think they got rid of the Nazis
lmao

As far as I know the Scandinavians gave up on comprehensive snow removal or salting and simply clear the road of thicker snow layers and allow spikes to deal with the rest of it. Quite like the OP picture actually.

And, any ideas on how this fairs?

>every German has a booklet in his car where they get the stickers from the car wash
What if you do it by yourself?

>in Germany you can get heavily fined if you don't remove snow from the top or bottom of your vehicle because they could break free and damage the car behind you/heavily disturb the view and your license plate which has to be visible all time.
This is logical and correct.
>if you don't clean your car at least once every three months (with undercarriage sealing) you fail your TÜV. every German has a booklet in his car where they get the stickers from the car wash they have to show while attending TÜV.
This is memeing bullshit, you can get your car as dirty as you want as long as the visibility and lighting isn't affected, the license plates are readable and it doesn't fail the inspections for rust yet.
>also winter tires are a must in winter ( if lower than 3 celsius)
Correct, but I think the actual measurement is if there's snow on the ground or a chance of ice.
>and all weathers will be banned in 2020 since the ADAC showed in a study that they don't provide optimal braking in wet conditions or on ice.
I couldn't find any information confirming this, so I'm guessing that allseasons remain legal as long as they have the M+S marking.

I actually got nauseous reading that. I could never live anywhere that depressing.

I doubt the procedure by itself is useful, you also need appropriate speed limits (which they do in Scandinavia) and comprehensive driver schooling and awareness (which they also have in Scandinavia).

For comparison simply allowing spikes in the US and not salting the roads anymore would spell disaster since everyone would continue driving like a retard.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

t. Franz Mohammad Abudullah

ADAC sradak
they are very well known for manipulating in their tests. They did it also in their tire tests few years ago if I'm not mistaken, and very likely in many other tests.
carscoops.com/2014/01/adac-official-admits-to-manipulating.html

In communist denmark, there is no snow. Only salt. So much salt.
Until there's actually snow; then the municipalities have usually expended all their money and salt storages.

Same in southern sweden, the north of sweden is more wise and only gravel where its actually needed (Hills and shit)

I seriously wish we would do that. It's not like studded tires are illegal in denmark for when shit gets bad.

Main roads are usually plowed, scraped and salted

Minor roads are just plowed and maybe scraped

This is only correct outside of main roads

95% of the time I'm just on a hard surface mixed of ice and snow

OP here

This is what I envy. Nice clean beautiful winter roads. Ours our litterally the colour of shit. Fucking Canadians too cheap to fork out $1200 for winter tires.

>What does Northern Europe & the Alps do for winter snow problems?

I make lemonade

then my car rusts to fuck and back, but that is another issue.

Undercoating is your friend

I've just given up at this point. gonna find myself a classic mini cooper S for the summer and baby it.

the BRZ is already a loss at this point. im just gonna have as much fun with it as possible and drive the shit out of it til it eventually dies.

All people in the ditch have winter tires. Tires won't replace common sense and basic winter driving skill. Does coming right from India or the Philippines and driving in snow right away make sense?

>drive the shit out of it til it eventually dies.

And you'll probably still make profit selling it all rusted out and broken with the rice and drift tax those things are going to have ffs.

Enjoy your electrics

they're at an all time low right now, I've lost 45% of the cars worth to deprecation now.

add to that I've rebuilt it once already, and driven it to the moon and back.

That legit looks like a Roadkill thumbnail.

The boys are welcome to try their luck on the track

>government mandated cleaning
Krauts are truly a cucked people. Can't do it yourself so big daddy government has to make you do it. You can't MAKE this shit up.