I was in a minor fender bender, hit from behind. Quoted around 950 for the repair...

I was in a minor fender bender, hit from behind. Quoted around 950 for the repair, and that checks out with my own mechanics. Only cosmetic.

But, a report was filed. Even with the repair, I'm worried about diminished reveal value. This is on a 2016 Subaru Forester with 25k miles.

What do you all thing a reasonable DV claim is worth?

>DV claim
wat

Diminished value claim. Basically, a claim for damages based on lower resale value of my car down the road, due to it having been in an accident.

>involving insurance for a 950 repair
Should've paid out of pocket. Then the crash would be less likely to be on the carfax.

I wasn't at fault.

Just accept the money and relax. It's a shitty crossover. No one cares if it's been rear ended. If you're gonna sell it privately just show the damage if they ask to see.

Why would I just leave money on the table?

Might as well sue them for emotional distress too. Take them for all they're worth like a good little American.

Is this bait? Are Europeans so cucked that when people crash into them they let them throw some change at them and drive away?

>Diminished value claim
Does insurance really pay those? Never heard of it.

Should have told guy to leave insurance out and go directly to good bodyshop and have him pay for your damages. Everybody wins

I hope it blows up with you in it you little whiny bitch

It's realistically not going to affect your resale value by much...

If your vehicle is well taken care of, the right buyer will not care.

However, you can go ahead and try to factor in a DV claim into the 950, but good luck proving how much a $950 dollar repair is going to diminish the value of your car.

Post pictures of the "damage" because honesty you sound like a little bitch

>haha it's ok to fuck up people's stuff as long as it's not catastrophic damage
>see I just threw my door into this guys fender and caved it in but it will still drive
>he is a bitch if he wants it fixed

He's getting it fixed and someone else is paying. He's being a little bitch because of imaginary diminished value.

Just finished negotiating with them. 950 for the repair and 1400 for the diminished value claim, since the car is so new. I'm pocketing both checks.

Eat my shit edgelord.

Got quoted 2900 on cosmetic damage on an 06 Malibu with 210000 miles on it. Bought the car for 2k.

Great work squeezing more money out of the system, shithead. You want a fucking cookie?

>buying a crossover
You're the real loser. Hope the head gaskets go or it starts consuming tons of oil and the warranty doesn't pay for it.

Fuck what everyone else is saying, dude. Most of the people here can't afford new vehicles anyway.

Subie and Lexus both have the highest resale value of any production car in America, so naturally you would want to protect it, especially brand new. I work in the buyers department for a dealership and can definitively tell you that yes, an accident on the autocheck will devalue your car by about 2,000.

You can settle out of court. I don't expect a NEET to understand the laws of the road

I would ignore what all these retards are saying and move forward with the DV claim. It's a totally valid concern. Which car do you think is worth more? The one that has zero accidents on the VIN report or the one that has one accident on the VIN report? It ain't rocket science. I am also willing to bet that you'll have the upper hand in an argument like this since the car is so new. No one gives a shit about the DV of a 2005 but a brand new 2016 definitely has some ground to stand on. Maybe $1,000? Not sure desu, but it's a valid concern

Think of all the pairs of crocs and pugs you can buy with all that cash!

Quit being a beta cuck and deal with it, it's not as if you're going get any worth out of the car when you go to sell it

>buy car brand new for 35k
>as soon as I drive it off the lot it's worth 10k

And you're worried about it's long term value?

You realize these aren't investments? cars aren't here to make you rich.

Why anyone buys a car brand new is beyond me, unless it's custom ordered directly from the manufacture, buying whatever the sales lot has is for homosexual losers.