What's Veeky Forums's take on the 1st gen Honda Ridgeline?

What's Veeky Forums's take on the 1st gen Honda Ridgeline?

I do a lot of city driving and hauling around tools for work, seems like it would be a super practical "truck" for someone who needs something with some truck capabilities without needing to do construction or off road stuff.

Do they last forever or is there a hidden flaw somewhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=29772&id=30471
youtube.com/watch?v=GJZVUnOduH4
girardgibbs.com/chevrolet-silverado-lawsuit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nissan D21, Isuzu Faster, or a Mazda B/Ford Ranger is what you want. 80's - 90's.

Get a prius v or c-max energi.

It's terrible as a truck.
The V6 engine gets the same gas mileage as a Chevy Silverado 4x4 with a 5.3L V8.
It can't do as much as the Chevy.
It's based on the Honda Pilot, so it's shit to start with.
It's just a truck for people who don't need a truck -at all- and want a Honda badge.

A Chevy Silverado is going to be better for everything while getting the exact same fuel economy.
fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=29772&id=30471

less likely to get made fun off too tee bee aych

It's AWD so it sucks gas mileage wise. Might as well buy a truck.

I don't know, I really could use that quad-cab but small bed, it would be perfect for my needs

haha oh wow

Thanks user, I almost fell for the Honda meme.

Maybe compromise and get a v6 Toyota Tundra extended cab? I hear those are practically indestructible. A little big for what I need, but I want a car that is reliable as fuck.

Honestly, Japan should just stick with light trucks because their "PICKUPS USA USA" attempts are mediocre at best so far..

What kind of shit do you haul?

A Chevy Silverado won't handle nearly as well in winter weather, doesn't have the handling/road manners the Ridgeline does, won't last half as long and will cost you twice as much in regular repairs/maintenance, and it'll depreciate 3x as fast.

There's good and bad about the Ridgeline, but to say a Silverado outshines it in every respect is false. There's stuff the Silverado does well, and stuff the Ridgeline does well. It's not a direct competitor. If anything, it competes with mid-size trucks like the Colorado and Tacoma.

I see a shitload of hate for Ridgelines, and it comes almost exclusively from butthurt GM/Ford fanboys with bucked teeth.

My dad has a Tundra TRD for hauling the boat and RV, and my mom drives a 2009 Ridgeline. Both are exceptional vehicles, but the Ridgeline wins hands-down when it comes to winter driving. You cannot fucking get that thing stuck, anywhere.

The Ridgeline works for people who want some of the benefits of a truck, without all of the drawbacks. And something decently reliable.

Couple of toolboxes, sometimes parts. Rarely something heavy like a transformer or something so I want separation between cargo and passengers just in case.

>I don't know, I really could use that quad-cab but small bed

get a van then.

>GM interiors
>GM electronics
>GM reliability

OP should get a Taco or a Tundra if he needs a truck.

>vans
>reliable transmission
>good handling in snow

pick one

the a 4 door tacoma it is.

>van

Almost. I've had a minivan for work and it would be perfect but there's no separation between cargo and passengers.

Yes, I know you can get dividers, but they're ugly as fuck and usually rattle constantly, at least the serious metal ones do, not those doggy divider things.

>I hear those are practically indestructible
The drivetrains, yes, but not the rest of it.
Trust me. Get a 5.3L Silverado or Sierra. The Tundra's weakpoint is not the drivetrain, but the frame. All the American trucks use a fully boxed frame while the Toyota uses a C-channel frame that is not nearly as strong.
youtube.com/watch?v=GJZVUnOduH4

confirmed for not knowing shit. I have a Silverado. The ONLY good Ridgelines are 2017+ models.
The ONLY problems 2007-2013 Silverados and Sierra's have is early models rusted through the brake lines quick, which was fixed quickly too.

Enjoy your problematic frames on your Toyotas and you Honda's with cylinder deactivation that ruins the engine.
>never had any mechanical or electrical problem with my Silvy.

Mercedes metris.

>confirmed for not knowing shit. I have a Silverado. The ONLY good Ridgelines are 2017+ models.
>The ONLY problems 2007-2013 Silverados and Sierra's have is early models rusted through the brake lines quick, which was fixed quickly too.

Confirmed for ultimate Chevy fanboi status

>Enjoy your problematic frames on your Toyotas and you Honda's with cylinder deactivation that ruins the engine.

Sealed it with the "lol bent framez" meme.

How about you just keep driving your Chebby Silleradder and leave responsible folks with unrelated parents to spend their money properly.

inb4 more catastrophic shitposting about MUH WELDS

nice informercial u got there bud

>The ONLY good Ridgelines are 2017+ models.

You're a dumb ass - everything you hate about the Ridgeline stayed fundamentally the same for 2017. They're still unibody. They're still FWD biased. They're still using the Odyssey/Pilot platform. They're still V6.

What makes them better, other than aesthetics?

OP just get an LM002, it will do what you need.

Is there something wrong with early 00 tacomas?

It seems like there aren't as many on the road as there used to be.

Tundras otoh....

*throws tool box into truck bed and gives a derpy smirk*

chevy fuckboy detected

>no actual arguments
>just namecalling and >muh memes!

welcome to fourth grade.

>It seems like there aren't as many on the road as there used to be.
see:
There was a class action lawsuit against Toyota because the frames were rusting prematurely. A lot of Tacomas and Tundras were scrapped due to rusty frames.

I worked construction for a few years, and I'd say maybe 10% of the trucks I saw DIDN'T have a LineX bed, or at least a plastic bed liner like pic related

That commercial is such a fucking meme, I hate it and I'm not even a Ford guy

early Tacomas had the rusted frame thing happening in parts where salts were used on the road.

Toyota did a recall, and paid the owners blue book prices OR they could get their entire frame replaced, IIRC. Most people took the cash

Early Tundras suffered from the same problem. Toyota offered to replace frames if there was a hole in the frame, otherwise they'd apply a protective undercoat on the frame. The warranty was for 15 years btw

t. owner of a 01 Tundra in Canada. Frame is still mint

There's literally been a class action lawsuit against every automaker for almost everything you can think of, at some point in time. Especially in America. People are suing manufacturers for shit 24/7.

girardgibbs.com/chevrolet-silverado-lawsuit/

All automakers fuck up and make bad decisions from time to time.

But GM is one of the rare few who actually went fucking bankrupt because of it. Can't remember when Toyota went bankrupt and had to be bailed out to the tune of billions in taxpayer money.

You're driving a government-sponsored car you pinko faggot. Enjoy your SHILLverado, comrade.

>Enjoy your SHILLverado, comrade.
I will. Have fun replacing your Toyota's frame and your Honda's V6 engine.

But I drive a Toyota FJ.

It's going to last literally 10x longer than your truck will, and even after that I'll just put in new sleeves and gasket and it'll go another 500,000.

Enjoy your depreciating, bland shitbox.

itt: chebby fanboi gets btfo

>Enjoy your depreciating, bland shitbox.
I will. My LC9 will run forever.

ITT: teenagers think memes = btfo
You need to be 18 to use this site.

No it won't, and the rest of the vehicle will fall apart even quicker. Interior will be trash by 120,000 miles. HVAC will fuck up and you'll be replacing compressors every 2 years. Mounts will rust, transmission will start to leak, hubs will rot off, paint will fade like Will Smith's crew cut, and when you're finally tired of spending thousands every year just to keep it running - you'll go to sell it and get a handful of shekels from some teenager who wants to lift it.

Face it - you are the loser ITT.

I have had none of those issues in the 5 years I've had it.

Proptip: you'll euthanize it before it turns 10

unlikely

get a frontier 4x4 w/v6

Pipe down N'Darius, no one asked you.