I brought a tread depth gauge today and noticed my front tires have very little life left but my back tires are still...

I brought a tread depth gauge today and noticed my front tires have very little life left but my back tires are still fairly good. Should I buy two new tires and use them with the old tires in the rear, or would I be better off getting old tires and saving money for four tires? I'm thinking of maybe going shop to shop and measuring the tires with my gauge if they let me. But would it be a good idea to use old tires with new tires?

Why do you use a guage?

Just use your fingers and if there is no thread then it is trash time.

Do you want to have fun with your fwd?
Then put the old tires in the back.

>put the old tires in the back.
do it fgt

I drive a 4x4, it's rwd in normal conditions

And I brought it for the peace of mind. I want the safest and most comfy ride possible. But I have a lot paying job so I can't afford to slap on four brand new tires otherwise I would

i would cover this girls face with my seed.

As long as both new tires are on one axle it's fine. It's a very common poorfag trick to put only two new tires on at a time.
Just put your current good tires on the front and go get new tires on the back.

>face
>not the inside of vaginal walls and cervix

Heretic

That's what I was thinking but new tires are like 100 a piece, what can I do in the meantime while I drive with the shitty tires in the front?

>eyeliner bordering on highschool goth tier
>drawn-on eyebrows
>dr seuss who nose
no fucking thanks

I just wanna stick it in her butt

>pic
This is without a hint of doubt the most beautiful thing to ever walk on this planet that I'm aware of. I would fucking snort my own diarrhea and go out in public with diapers only just for 10 minutes of her attention

Stop

Save your shekels until you can afford new tires then.
And before you go to a mexican tire shop, all the shit they have is going to be 5 years old and dryrotted.

literally a highschool freshman

So what happens if you put the old tires in the back in a fwd car? My focus' front tires are kinda worn but the back ones are ok. I drive uber so I can do stupid shit to my car that compromises safety.

Fucking oversteer is what happens.

Wherever you stick compromised/shitty tires is where the usual effects happen. No grip up front = understeer. No grip in back = oversteer.

It's not a meme. Don't be a cheapskate. Buy the right tires once instead of fucking about with shitty/questionable tires. It's an expense you have to incur eventually.

It's called rotating the tires dum dum

>Old tires in front
Blowout on the steering axle means your car ends up on it's roof in a ditch

>Old tires in back
Blowouts are manageable

>I drive uber
get out numale cuck
You're a fucking business owner now so upkeep of your work vehicle is expected of you, buy new tires. The fact that you want to cheap out of this and uber will continue to pay you is the reason this country is in such shit right now.

Yeah that's the mistake I made. I had to replace the front tires anyway but I didn't get a gauge to measure them before I brought it. But it was a dire situation so I said fuck it. I know a pretty good used tire shop that's like 20 minutes from my house but I dunno if the owner would be cool with me going tire to tire measuring them all like that. At the same time it makes me feel uncomfortable knowing I have unsafe tires on my car.

Is there a website that compares tires by attributes? Things like wet traction and noise? Can't find anything besides tire rack but they rely on reviews and people are idiots

that fucking filename

Bump

whats her youtube again

tirerack.com The only place you should buy tires from

I would slit my ballsack down the middle and swim in a pool of rubbing alcohol full of pirhannas with a vaccum sucking air out of my mouth just to sniff a dirty sock of hers she lost in the 7th grade in the changing room.

Why bother rotating them? Just replace the front tires like you need to, adjust your fucking suspension, and let the front tires continue to wear faster than the rears and eventually push the replacements together so you spend less time on replacing tires.

New tyres should always go on the rear.

Reason: understeer is a lot easier to control than oversteer.

"Best in front" is a terrible meme that needs to die. If you rotate your tyres every 5,000km you will always have even wear.

> inb4 i can't be bothered to do something twice a year

>he doesnt like girls with dr seuss noses

lmao i was like lmao

youre a low test phaggot

Are you implying that poster is an autistic female? If so, I would be amused.

Imagina that sweet silky little tongue caressing your joystick

>Tyres
Learn to spell, retard

More like a colossal faggot was my point

FWD good tires in front
RWD do burnouts until rears are as shitty as front.
Your gauge goes in the trash, fgt
Or stop being jew and buy 4 tires

Ah, I see. What you posted is a Pretty Princess Pepe, so I was confused.

New on front you retard. You stop and steer with the fronts. Nothing says poor life choices like loosing traction on the front and not being able to do a damn thing about it other then watch your meaningless life pass before your eyes.

You are wrong. Look it up.

You are overthinking this. Just buy new tires for the front then rotate them.

Have you ever tried driving in winter or in the rain with the better tires on the back? It's fucking retarded, understeer city.

>face

0/10
See me after class

Old tire is good, its like slick racing tire. But on highway in rain or snow you need 4 good tire. In winter condition its better to have the best tire rear(fwd).

Oversteer can result easily in 180 degree with bad tire in the rear

forget what these other faggots are saying, I too would do the exact same...