/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a possible fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
mediafire.com/?sr948o76180gqj7
pastebin.com/mar9wNCT
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread:

Howdy-ho!

Where do you find doc in CoC? Thanks

Something is fucked in WG ever so often a random NPC will have a stupid amount of health.
The first time a bandit soaked twenty slugs it was funny, not so much the second time.

Howdy-ho?

Does wg modify m_stalker, damages or spawn_sections?

So I'm about to play this for the first time. Should I start with Shadow of Chernobyl or Clear Sky since Clear Sky is a prequel?

Playing them in release order is best, since CS is more of an action game while SoC and CoP are very similar in gameplay. This will give you an interesting break between SoC and CoP, so it doesn't immediately feel like you're playing the same thing again.

Marshlands, Clear Sky base. He sometimes also roams around the Marshlands (The Great Swamp) or w/e. I met him at the Tuzla tunnel once.

>tfw can't mod for shit aside from dumb stuff like character portraits
>you'll never contribute anything of value to anything

Alright, I'll start with SoC and go from there. Thank you!

Go fix all of the retarded fucking typos in weapongulash or something.

So I just installed CoC a few hours ago. Took a fetch quest to get 4 energy drinks for a random Duty guard in the Bar. The problem is that he won't take them. I have 4 energy drinks in my inventory yet there's no option to give them to him. I already tried to sell them to him, but that doesn't do anything either. Anyone else have this problem?

Check the quest marker. Sometimes they want you to bring the item(s) to someone else.

Also do make sure you're not trying to give the guy opened energy drinks like an asshole. They need to be full/unused.

Yeah, he wants me to give the energy drinks to a different guy, thanks.
Now I have another problem. The guy he wants me to give them to is not a squad leader and won't talk to me. He just stands there and stares at me.

I've never had that happen, weird. Try talking to everyone in the immediate area.

Anyone who's playing CoC knows what are those markings you find on enemies for? Should I just sell them?

If you're talking about the faction patches, you just sell them. I've never found a quest that asked for them (even with the docx quest mod), which is weird and seems like something that would be a thing.

Quicksave and quickload, that should do the trick. If it doesnt, quicksave and quickload again, but before you load in fucking MASH the F button and press 1 or 2. While this may take some trial and error you can get it done within time.

Does he just stand there without saying go talk to squad leader? If so just quick save quick load that fixes this for me

Yeh, I'm ruski so dunno what they're called in eng version. Thanks.

How the fuck do you download joint pak 2? It's using mega for some fucked up reason despite being 6gb, and mega has a 5gb in 6 hours cap, so it just cuts off your download and nags you to buy a fucking subscription.

That was one of the first things I tried, didn't work.
Then I tried doing it the way this user suggested, but I can't get it down within the timeframe either. I think there's an additional dialogue piece that I have to get through first before the main conversation menu shows up.

It's this asshole here, by the way. As soon as he puts his hands behind his back I get kicked out of the conversation menu. Guess I'm stuck with that shitty quest now. Thanks anyway, guys.

You can talk to LITERALLY ANYBODY ELSE with that squad, and they'll reward you. Try it.

Well I think they uploaded it years ago, before they put the jew-guards in on the site
I just bought a PRO lite subscription since I can't be arsed to wait, was like $4-5
Don't believe their subscription info though, it says "Transfer limit 1 TB" on the PRO lite specifications, but the actual limit is 10 GB / 5 hours
I hate mega so fucking much.

Oh but I thought I should add, it only pauses the download, so if you wait 5 hours without messing with the download and keeping the tap/window open it'll automatically download the rest

Tried that already, didn't work.

>but the actual limit is 10 GB / 5 hours
That's some bullshit right there.
Yeah, I'm leaving it open and seeing if it'll finish. I really do want to give JP2 a run since CoM turned out to be such a shitshow.

Talk to every other dutier.

You could try killing them, since Duty scum should always be shot on sight.

>duty
>>>>>>>>>>>>scum
I bet you fuck bloodsuckers, too.

I'm playing JP2 right now, really like it so I recommend it very much, although it might be hard to get into as compared to most mods, I know it was for me. But since I love Stalker in all shapes and sizes I gave it some time, and after a lot of confusion I really started to see all of the fun, albeit the fun can be quite frustrating at times

If you want to try I made a .torrent out of the compressed file for transfer, I'm now sure if it works but you can download the torrent from here if you want to try mediafire.com/?sr948o76180gqj7

>implying you wouldn't fug a bloodsucker

Just looked at the tab and noticed it was at 73% instead of 71%. Looks like she started again, boys!

Happy stalking friend!

Welp, spoke too soon on that one. Got to 83% before getting locked again.

I guess I'll fuck around with OGSE until it's done.

So how the fuck do you kill the blubbering transparent zombies in Joint Pak 2? I remember doing the cache mission in Cordon and using the sledgehammer to kill them in a few whacks, but I left that behind since it weighed so much
My weapons don't even seem to damage them, I blasted 40 shotgun shells into one of their heads but it didn't even die from that, so I'm just running past them when I come across them (while looting every stalker they have come across and assraped)

Are there any good "realistic damage" mods that work with Call of Chernobyl?

Could anyone tell me how to disable that effect at the edge of the sceen?

mod is aa2 + secret trails 2

If you're using STCoP: Try : It makes humans just as fragile as you are in equivalent armor, and doesn't fuck with mutants because honestly they're easy enough to kill as-is with high-tier weapons and they should be at least a little bit spongy.

There should be an optional folder in AA2's installer that disables the mask overlay.

Where do I find better artifact detectors in CoC? Got that yellow one and the round one, also which one of them is better?

that's not a mask overlay and i'm not using regular AA2, i'm using the secret trails merge from the repo which has no optional stuff

Echo < Bear < Veles < Svarog

Echo is just beeps based on proximity. Can only detect low-tier artifacts.

Bear is beeps based on proximity, plus artifact compass. Can detect low and mid-tier artifacts.

Veles is a radar screen showing the exact location of artifacts. Can detect all artifacts.

Svarog is a Veles detector that also shows the position of anomalies. Can detect all artifacts.

You have the best chance of finding better detectors in "loaded stashes" which are stashes that have been revealed to you by NPCs and are marked on your map.

It looks very similar to the mask overlay (SEVA suit in particular) in AA2, but if it's not that, it must be some kind of vignetting effect. Check to see if there are any options related to that.

What file do I change to alter my character's carry weight in CoC? I downloaded a mod that changed it to 20kg and I wanted to tinker with it a bit.

The zone works in strange ways.

From my experience I've gotten 99.9% of all my Svarogs in unmarked stashes. I literally got two of them from random ass fucking stashes, one in Cordon, and the other in Yantar. And then I got a third one from Sakharov.

Kill yourself for using Misery

>saw screaming

Is not misery. Is CoCk.

It's RNG based on the loot tier setup. Having the stash be "loaded" increases the loot tier, but you can definitely find good stuff in them extremely rarely.

Normally it takes me 50+ unmarked stashes before I see a single toolkit or veles, but if I'm grinding quests and getting marked stashes, I'll typically have all 3 kits (and a couple duplicates) along with a veles inside 10 stashes.

it's in system.ltx, and you really don't want to download a modded version for something like that, since other things could be fucked up and it's a 2 second fix to just mod the weight yourself.

Thanks.

yeah the how-to it's in the fugging op

>tfw you've just came back to Rostok
>offloaded all of the stuff you've found
>get your weight down to around 30
>go to the Radar for the first time
>shootout with Monolith patrol
>overloaded with RPG-7's, different NATO guns and rare pistols

Investing in an exoskeleton and Hercules drinks is never a bad thing, stalker.

>freedom exo upgraded to weight 10 kilos and to have 90kg carry cap
>two bubbles and two goldfishes
>~5 hercules

i am storage wars

>Freedom exo
Thats your problem

what?

Assuming you're playing CoC, you don't even need to loot enemies if you're out of the hobo phase, it's a waste of time. Just sell all of your spare artifacts to beard whenever you get a big load, and you'll bring in a few hundred thousand each time easy.

>freedom anything

b-but it gives me extra 5 kilos to work with

does beard pay better than the ecologists?

>JP2
>Radar first time (this was an hour ago)
>Get a bunch of upgraded weapons from monolith dudes, collect them all to sell to Raven
>already over at over 100kg
>go through brain scorcher
>at the time I'm out and at the duty vs freedom fight at the chernobyl junction I'm 150kg (150kg limit with exo)
>walk all the way back to the Bar transition
>end of level hasn't loaded, can't reach transition because the world ends and I fall down into nothing if I try

Now I'm at the point where I have to walk back all of the way to the Chernobyl junction and transition to Pripyat and back and hope the level loads completely so I can return to the Bar
All the while I'm bordering on 160kg (over that and I can't move)

I'm going to be so fucking rich though

also 80kg is the sprint limit in JP2, regardless of exo limit, over that and you can't sprint without draining your energy in two seconds

jesus fug

>Windows 10
>Google Chrome
Kill yourself

I'm a loot hoarder. I'm saving 2 of each unusual guns I can find (1 in case there's a quest for it). I can't help myself, save even the guns I'll never use in a lifetime.

I used to do the same. I even changed max carry weight to 125kg, but came to a conclusion that it's just a waste of my time and makes playing less enjoyable.

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET BACK TO THE BAR!?

The beginning of the Radar map doesn't load completely so I can't go back to the Bar since I just fall through the unloaded game world

WHAT THE FUCK

Isnt there some sort of trainer that lets you jump to the other maps?

Where do I get it?

>play bamboozle mod
>get bamboozled on

stop

Did that for my first runs. Now all the extra guns that are worth a damn I carry back to Cordon so the poor bastards there have a fighting chance. Keep my limit to 45/50 kilos since anything over feels unrealistic as fuck.

no

Seriously what do I do!?

Pray 5 Oh Monoliths.

You can't quicktravel with JP2? Esc+J?

No ESC+J does nothing

Apparently the transition back to the Bar from Radar does not load, I loaded a previous save and ran to Radar to see if the transition would load but it didn't even then

I can't possibly be the only one with this problem, seeing as I haven't modified the game content at all???

What the hell, all these hours for nothing?

STCoP for CoM 1.0c is out:
pastebin.com/mar9wNCT
first link seems to be unresponsive, but you can save it to your yandex disk and then download it from there

papa bless

Found a way out, checked the guide and there was a map in the zone for a shortcut from Radar to Dark Valley, grabbed it and now I can go through the Dark Valley>Garbage>Bar

Fucking hell

Will changing from DX11 in Call of Chernobyl to DX10 reduce stuttering?

why would you ever use dx11 in stalker in the first place?

2.9 for CoC when

SOON
O
O
N
it looks like it already has some 2.9 changes
fix description:
Фикc для STCoP 1.0c Call of Misery
Уcтaнoвкa: cкoпиpoвaть gamedata в кopнeвyю пaпкy
1.пoпpaвлeнo пpицeливaниe из lr300 EOTech
2.пoпpaвлeнo пpицeливaниe из AК-74 EoTech
3.иcпpaвлeн вылeт пo wpn_g36c_hud_animation
4.yбpaн aвтoмaтичecкий oгoнь y нeкoтopых пиcтoлeтoв
(Hoвaя игpa нe нyжнa)

release desc:
STCoP пoд peлизнyю вepcию 1.0c (Call of Misery)
Уcтaнoвкa: пaпкy gamedata из apхивa cкoпиpoвaть в кopeнь Call of Chernobyl (Call of Misery) coглaшaяcь нa зaмeнy фaйлoв.
Пpaвки\измeнeния oт вepcии 099c:
1.пoпpaвлeнo пpицeливaниe из AК103 c Кoбpoй
2.зaмeнeны звyки opyжия ( из 2.9 выдpaл)
3.зaмeнeны вce мoдeли c кoллимaтopoм EOTech (из 2.9 выдpaл)
4.зaмeнeны пoчти вce мoдeли c кoллимaтopoм Кoбpa (из 2.9 выдpaл)
5.зaмeнил мoдeль M249 c кoллимaтopoм Barska нa M249 c EOTech
6.дымoвaя гpaнaтa oтcyтcтвyeт нaпpoчь, я o нeй ни cнoм ни дyхoм, a кoгдa зaмeтил ee, yжe вce кoнфиги были пepeпиcaны, зaнoвo пepeпиcывaть вce из-зa нee зacтaвить ceбя нe cyмeл, мoи извинeния
Зaмeнял мoдeли eotech-a и кoбpы нa мoдeли c пoдcвeткoй из STCoP 2.9, нa cкopyю pyкy и вce opyжиe нe тecтил, итaк зaмaялcя. Ecли cлoвитe вылeт - милocти пpoшy c ним в личкy.

He wanders from the CS base in the south west to his cave under the real bridge in the north west. He walks a pretty straight path between the two.

You can download the installer from the SoC repo instead along with the patch. Patch it up to 2.09 and then put the English translation on top of it. That works fine, I'm running it like that.

Why should I use exosuit again? Can't sprint, weighs a ton, no NVG, shit defenses against anomalies. How's SEVA not better?

What the fuck is SoC and CoP if not action games?

>SEVA
Bulat or bust.

>he doesn't want to sprint everywhere forever

what suit gets you the most pussy

trashbags

Classic stalker suit. I remember on my first playthrough back in SoC when it just released I liked the design so much I tried to finish the game on it on the first run, too bad Pripyat onwards just fucks you up with the constant radiation so you have to get something better if you don't wanna spam antirad like crazy

>m_stalker.ltx
it doesnt
>damages.ltx
nope
>spawn_section.ltx*
nope or any other one

does change ammo values though, not sure if he did them himself or what

what did you want to do???
really

hahaha, go compare WG's to stcop's