What exactly is the point of trikes again?

What exactly is the point of trikes again?
>all of the size of a car
>all of the danger of a motorcycle
>none of the handling
>shit onroad
>shit offroad
>expensive as hell

Literally why

Other urls found in this thread:

stuff.co.nz/business/farming/84885061/Farm-worker-shocked-by-fence-after-being-pinned-by-quad-bike
morgan3w.de/engines/engine.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Some people are stupid. Have you not noticed yet?

Bikers that can't ride anymore due to health problems but still want the open air feel.

What exactly is the point of Lamborghinis again?
>all of the size of a car
>all of the danger of a motorcycle
>none of the handling
>shit onroad
>shit offroad
>expensive as hell

They're obese-friendly

What about quads?
I dont understand them.

I can see the utility of quads for farming. Imagine rolling down some sketchy bush trail with a toolbox and a dog, a quad is a really cheap and goat-spec utility vehicle to get the job done.

Recreational use of quads, and like, stunting on them, is fucking retarded though. They have some hella dangerous handling.

This. They're very useful for farming, ranching, land maintenance, etc.

I like 'em for exploring and cruising on forest roads. If I'm doing like, more sport-type stuff, of course dirt bikes are master race.

But to the point of the thread, yeah trikes are pretty retarded, but I can see why people like them. The OP pic looks pretty damn comfy for cruising down a highway.

Why not get a side-by-side with built-in weather protection and a cargo tray?

This

I know you are trying to shitpost but this is fucking autistic

kei trucks are the best desu

they can be a little tricky on steep terrain
nightmare mode
roll sideways down hill
don't jump off in time
get pinned to an electric fence
>broken ribs
>being electrocuted
>on fire

They cost like 3x - 4x more than an atv

But yeah people who never got to ride an ATV around their grandparents farm missed out growing up

:(

yeah and quads are useful for when the terrain is more shit than an average minitruck can handle

Because sometimes you just want to go chase after the loose goat in an ATV

If you've ever farmed before, you'd take any excuse to fuck around while still technically getting work done.

this is probably the actual reason farmers have such high rates of fatalities kek

agreed

he survived ' o '
stuff.co.nz/business/farming/84885061/Farm-worker-shocked-by-fence-after-being-pinned-by-quad-bike

They are pretty useful if you have some rough terrain you need to work on since they have quite a bit of torque and can cross things a tractor couldn't (not to mention they are also noticeably quicker than tractors)
Racing, stunting and sporty riding is plain retardation however. It's much more dangerous than doing this on a bike or an offroader. In case of an accident on a bike, you do not run the risk of being stuck under your light dirtbike, in case of an accident in an offroader, you have the protection of your car. On a quad, you have the danger of both without the protection of a car or the lightness of a bike. Add to this the fact that they can easily tip backwards while climbing anything steep and you have the perfect recipe for a dumb accident that would have been a scratch and an annoyance with anything else, but that will have severe consequences on a quad.

Because a small truck (even kei-size truck) will have a longer wheelbase, will be wider and have smaller wheels and tires. Quads have the advantage of potentially crossing and climbing anything if you can manage the acceleration and weight correctly. One something this small, the way your position yourself on the saddle and handlebar will change what you can do. That simply can't be achieved with a small truck or tractor.
Not to mention, price.

2 front, 1 rear wheel = stable
1 front, 2 rear wheels = unstable

3-wheelers like OP's trike, or the Can-Am Spyder, are mostly for older riders who have physical difficulty riding a 2-wheeled motorcycle. Trikes are more expensive than a motorcycle, which also assures they owned by older riders.

3-wheelers like the Reliant Robin were created in the '50s and '60s to skirt licensing and tax requirements, and therefore cheaper to own than a 4-wheeled car.

The Morgan 3-wheeler, however, is just cool.

I wish it wasn't that useless.
Or expensive.
Because it looks genuinely fun to drive.

well you have a point, lambo's are shit too.

build your own so you don't have to use that shitty engine
morgan3w.de/engines/engine.htm

I'm too retarded and inept to into kit cars sadly, because there is a surprising lot of ways to get something like that if you can put it together yourself.
Also, living in the fun-free zone of Yuroland would make it hell to get it registered, especially with an engine swap.

You don't need to balance them yourself, and can carry more shit.

They can apparently be made nearly as narrow as a motorbike, though.

Quads are MUCH smaller. You can get them through gates that predate the invention of the car, crawl up a nearly vertical slope with your sheepdog on the back, and park them at the roadside without blocking the road.

No, that would be the power takeoff. An open, spinning shaft that connects vehicles and tools together and transmits power.
And the fact that farm work is often done by one man, on his own, with nobody to call an ambulance.

I want to put a Hayabusa engine into one.

Build it in britain, and then you can just register it as a one-off kit car with a minimum of paperwork.

manlets are too little for real bike so they chose trikes

As long as being fat is """"health problem"""

Literally what is the point of off-road trikes? Who ever thought they were a good idea? The extra wheel is handicapping him more than anything else.

Shit is just dangerous.

It's not?

Old couples like them because they don't have to balance, and still have the feeling of the freedom of youth.

Hi, Nader!

>No, that would be the power takeoff.

this. tractors are no fuckin' joke.

People in their retirement years that are no longer able to ride a motorcycle but still want to have the sensation of riding one.
They are girls bikes.

When they get hit by a car again and get injured even worse do they move to atvs?

Motorcycle accidents rarely result in the loss of a penis.

The original line of Honda ATCs are a lot of fun. You can find them for dirt cheap, decent aftermarket and easy to work on, the tires are so ridiculously huge that they actually float in water and mud, they're light and easy to load/pull out of sticky situations, easier to wheelie and slide, and are generally a more exciting ride than a quad of equivalent power/type (utility vs utility, sport vs sport etc) since they require more balance and rider input. Should you only own a 3-wheeler? No, ride as many things as you can, try it all.

Because Putin isn't allowed on a motorcycle...?

i mean they just added a wheel the first time they got injured so i figured atvs would be the logical next step

It's a transaxle with an engine on, and another wheel to support the seat.
Less wheels = less chassis = less weight = more buoyancy from the balloon tires.
Single front wheel = balloon tires will let it turn.
This was then made obsolete by people in Iceland discovering you can do the same shit with a snowmobile if you just keep the fucking power on.

I remember riding the ATV around with my cousins when we were like 12.
>No one wears helmets
>Trails and jumps and shit
>Somehow we are all still alive

Good times

Why are sidecars so rare now?

>What about quads?
>I dont understand them.

Quads are useful on ranches and farms. They can pull small loads too to sites that have equipment to be replaced or fences that need to be mended. Quads are not street legal. I've seen on the travel channel shows that there are places renting quads for off road tourist or camping, but that's not a lot of places.

This
>12 or so
>living on 13 acres
>rained the day before so decide to take my 125cc quad out mudding for first time
>dried out pond created a nice jump to kill myself on
>friends and I survive, but mud in eyes
"I'm gonna go wash my face off in the barn"
>drive to gate that separates the halves of land
>brakes are loaded with grass, basically hindering me from slowing down the slightest
>ohshit.jpg
>don't stop until the wood fence and face meet
>literally break through the board
>bloody mouth but that's it
Those were the best

Cause they look potato as shit. I like em too, but for the average dude not romanticizing WWII, it's kinda dopey

Why do no modern bikes come with wicker sidecars?

and why didn't this layout catch on?

lord tunderin jesus by

tips hat motorcyclely

Because cars became affordable?

they're redundant.

If you want to carry a person, stick them on the back, if you want to carry things use a car.

That's amazing, just amazing.

>tfw more quads are used in the city by obnoxious cunts who inevitably kill themselves than actual outdoor enthousiasts

do uou know the carver one?

Good for older rides. No one drives these like a fucking moron trying to carve up roads. They're a sunday drive/vacation mobile for people over 50.

The fact that you don't know that already or couldn't figure it out on your own is pretty fucked up man.