When did BMW stop making good cars before they started to cater to every kind of driver?

When did BMW stop making good cars before they started to cater to every kind of driver?

BMW caters to dumb assholes who don't use turn signals

1916 when it was founded

When they switched to the f10 platform for the 5 series, they went from aiming for cars that drove well, to making cars that put up good numbers. The f10/30 has better acceleration, laptimes, mpg, lateral g and specs than the previous vehicle, but is wholly a worse driving experience.

After they quit making the e46.

I think the introduction of the SUVs was the first sign of their decline. Or maybe the GranCoupe models.

The problem, was Bangle and current automotive safety and emissions regulations.

The Quandt family are jews.

E90 was still a driver's car.

After the e46, e39 and e38

Fuck off Kitty. Nobody asked you. The only time you ever seen the inside of a BMW was when your dealer was pounding your ass so you could get your fix.

the X6M is a marvel of engineering. seeing one driven hard is like watching a small building corner

>in during all bmws Veeky Forums cant afford being shit

u probably never sat in a F10

The F10 has the best drivin experience i ever had
On the Autobahn ist comfy as fuck but if you want to drive fast its fun as fuck to
never sat in an F30 so dont know about this
F01 is shit. No connection between steering wheel and road at all

It doesn't matter if it can outrun a Porsche 918 when it looks like fucking garbage. It's a morbidly obese car on stilts and no more safe or practical.

How triggered are you right now?

and yet Porsche designed the Maus tank
Germany has always been about overengineering oversized machines

I've sat in a few, drive a few when I worked at the auto auction.

There's a noticeable difference between the steering feel on the Exx chassis and the Fxx chassis models.

I could give a fuck about straight line speed, both will get rekt by Jimbo's third gen Camaro with a turbo LS motor. As for driving experience, it's greatly diminished. Steering feel is not that good, ride is much harsher, the 2.0l turbo sucks and they sound awful.

who cares if the car looks like garbage if it's amazing to drive?
you care too much of what others think

It's impressive to drive, but the driving experience sucks.

When they became less boxy

depends on what you like or dislike
i like being in a comfy yet blazingly fast car

The only modern BMW I wish I had the money for tbqh. I love the shape of it.

senpai that kids head on the right LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

E36

But an actual M car will be more amazing to drive than a X6, with no downsides.

>not the hatch

Pretty much the only RWD hatch on the market

>The creation of the X5/X3 (take your pick)
>The creation of the 1-series
>The creation of that iDrive shenanigans that ruined the damn good Bangle 7-series
And the last nail in the coffin
>The creation of the hunchback GT four door coupe things

The only good BMW you can buy new is the M2. Rest is pigfat

the 1 series was them giving up on trying to keep the 3 series small

Oh, one last thing
>Dropping the excellent M-straight 6 in favour of of basically turboing up engines

the new m2/m3/m4 still have excellent straight 6 engines

I got a 1 serie, and I love it. They are overpriced, and yes my previous car (miata) drove better. But god they are comfy for DD.

They haven't.
The M2 is better than what most manufacturers have to offer.

I drove several times the F10 with the 2l diesel and 3l diesel from Munich 600 km over the Autobahn and for this its a top tier car
its fun as fuck
you can drive 200km/h and you feel safe and its chill, even the 2l diesel
the fun thing about the 3l is that it starts accelerating even at 200km/h like most cars with normal speeds
never drove gasoline ones because its more expensive here in germany and few people buy these on a car like this

I myself drive a E87 123d

What you just described any car can do. Your diesel Jetta gdi can do that. BMW lost its way when it made that 5 series lifeless and not fun on a back road

I still like it way more than the E class
and I dont even want to start to speak about Audi or any other brand, all cars from this class were way worse than the F10 imo

BMW makes both good and bad cars on every generation.
It all depends on what you are looking for.

They still make good cars, its just that you have to shift through the shit to find them now.

E9X M3, E60 M5 (to an extent, V10=godly), The recent M2, the budget mobile M235i, or even a 550i with a manual will be a miles better driving experience than any other german except porsche.

like pretty much every other car brand

Is this the only modern BMW that is worth buying?

the 1 series and 2 series are both good atm
the 5 series is nice too
never drove the current 3 series but i heard good things about them