/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>Playing this fucking game...

>Heavensturn (December 31st - January 14th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Heavensturn/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/ :

yamero

xth for being a complete failure

S A D T A N K S

Kick all potatoes.

refill the tanks with similar looking fish so nobody gets suspicious

same desu. pic unrelated.

I just got to level 50, should I bother getting the relic weapon or should I skip that?

Skip it.

Don't get it, it's a waste of your time unless you just want it for looks.

hello this is the cat

WOMEN OF THE RAIN, WHERE WE AT!
POST 'EM!

Highlanders

Shit posted it right whent the last thread died,

Anybody on Sargatanus NA? Just got the game a day ago and was hoping I could find some people to heal and party with. Lvl 21 CNJ named Victor Bellerose

Highlanders and c@bois

i just started playing again after a long break

should i get a kinna wep for my monk or use up my tomes for the shire wep?

i have no gear on my monk other than barely getting to 230 for ex roulette

shire monk and buy/craft 250

You're a cute looking nerd who I'd like to ruffle the hair of

Alright, thank you.

Why does she water the plants when its fucking raining?

Hi this is the elf can I take your order

Please don't say such things so recklessly

Post butt with those pants on

Is it possible to have two differently colored limbal rings on an au ra? I want to have different colored eyes and the limbal rings would be a nice addition

she's lost control of her life like me

>tfw you will never take a cute mooncat to poundtown because they're too pure

Yes.

Some people have jobs they have to do you fucking hobo. They can't just traipse around doing whatever they want whenever they want.

ok... posting butt....

mew mew at you, ffxiv thread

How? I don't see an option in character creation

I might just be blind though

Fucking bitch.

xth for watching Yoshi have the Japanese community team killed in a mochi bucket.

I'm not at my PC right now, but isn't there an option at Limbal Ring colors for odd-eyes? Or do they seriously just have a single Limbal option. I might be wrong and if I am, sorry 'bout that.

Healing Sophia ex is fun!

Who is this?

Does anyone know what the asking price is for a small house at the moment? I really want a house and found a somewhat decent way to make some money so I was wanting to know roughly how much I have to save up

>people are still avatarfagging in a dead general
Truly the lowest point of humanity.

Potatoes

hello

its almost like the general isnt dead

don't f00king worry about it kid

Probably around 20-70m depending, 100m+ on balmung iirc.

I get kind of lonely sometimes. Especially in this game. I have a friend or two who play it but I don't usually bother them with anything regarding the game. At times I wish to find an RP partner for my loneliness. I use to RP quite a bit but stopped because of the time it could take to find someone. Because of that I don't really want to put the effort in this either. Especially because I still have stuff in the game to do, like the MSQ, but it just gets kind of lonely at times. My friends seem somewhat popular. I'm not one for the spotlight but some wanting of communication is normal. For some reason I feel like RP would be normal for this, but I doubt it would be. Especially when there's so much more to the game than that.

Does anyone ever feel this way?

The only potato I will not mash.
You cute little cunt, I wanna pet you!

3-4m on normal servers

>100m+
Jesus nevermind, definitely not getting a house with what i'm making right now

Whatcha doin' /xivg/?

How does one into FFXIV RP?

>gets slapped
>responds in memes
Pasta la vista bitch

How do I get good?
Is it all just practicing fights and knowing my class?
I just wanna be a good player.

You again!! I'm glad for that, haha.

You're still a cute cat, too. But I'm still waiting for the first pet you promised me!

Not really? To begin with, I kinda have a natural tendency to play by myself more so than with my friends. Not to say I don't enjoy playing with them, but still. I dunno how much rping on xiv would help you though, since I don't rp in xiv myself and for me it's more a hobby. You should give it a shot if you feel like it, though.

Also, even if your friends are popular, if they're your friends it shouldn't matter. Just talk to them every so often, you'll probably feel less lonely. Communication really does help, y'know.

DRG getting Jumps as a form of travel when? Even if it was just a cosmetic change for Teleport.

>Is it all just practicing fights and knowing my class?

Basically, yeah. Itemization is mostly a no-brainer, though endgame equipment requires at least a modicum of consideration since it's gated by weekly drops.

Had we shared servers, I would've plopped you in my lap already.

m+ on balmung
>the actual fucking state of balmung

Hell yes get that weapon you want for the glam. Check them out but looking at their names and each step. When you see one you like you can level it up to maximum in about a week of no lifein' it and depending on the server 500k-1m if you have no doh dom leveled. And when you get it you can turn it in to skip the first step of new relic if you don't want to be assed with aether currents and flying around.

>Get commended for fucking dying because the MT lost enmity
No.

You and I both know every mooncat on this general is a huge slut barring downyc@.

hi im dumb
whats the point of thunder once you have thunder II if they dont stack like aero and aero II

Just hearing that is good enough for me.

you'll understand at level 28

Using thunder I initially is better due to the lower casting time, IIRC. The higher ranks of Thunder are for when you hit 28 and start getting Thundercloud procs.

for thundercloud procs, you use thunder 1 to start with and if you get a proc you use 2 (3 once you unlock that)

*teleports behind u*

It's more like "what's the point of Thunder II" later on. Thunder is used more, Thunder II only exists for Thundercloud at 28 until level 46 when you get Thunder III, then Thunder II actually really never sees use again

Faster cast time when you hit 28 I believe you get the thundercloud trait that makes thunder spells instant casts you want to use the higher thunder spells for the instants and hard cast the thunder 1 to set off the trait.

oh cool thanks
guess i should read all this huh

i'm worthless.

{Same}

Let's see your painting skills, /xivg/. What's a hairstyle you've been dying to see? On your character or another.

C@s and Lizards

We all are hun

I'm a bit drunk so it's hard to convey what I mean. I had it all thought out but it seems harder to type out when you're ready.

I like to play with myself too, but sometimes you just want other people around too. I suppose it the problem is I'm on Balmung. So many people around that seems to be connected or know each other. It's weird.

BLM rotations change dramatically when you get new skills.

At some point, you get Blizzard 3 and depending on how you went into ubral, you will have to use different Thunders due to their cast time to keep 100% uptime and dps and shoot a Fire III as SOON as you got 100% mp.

Their initial inpact is the same, but the DoT itself is the same for all of them.

mew mew

>Their initial inpact is the same
their initial impact is different ****
Whoops.

I wish I had a lizard to /embrace...

Most of these fags are going to say "I want hime cut on my kawaii uguuu catgrill and midlander kawaii design senpai you rikea da baneblades?" I would rather have a long voluminous hairstyle akin to Felicia from darkstalkers for Miqo'te.

How do we get more people to play tank?

Ah yeah, I know that feeling. It's alright, I think I got the gist of what you meant? If not, my bad.

I could see how it's intimidating though. Hyperion's obviously not as crowded as Balmung, so I don't really get that kind of feeling from my server. I dunno, when it comes to playing with my friends, I just ask them since we're all in a discord server. All you really gotta do is ask yours, it can't hurt. Hell, I'd offer to play with you if I was in Balmung.

You just gotta take the initiative, I guess.

Make healer incredibly hard to play endgame

>baneblades
what

Although I like your idea, I just want more long hairstyles in general.

>wonder why thread is dead
>someone linked the new op so many times it triggered my chemo filter

nice job idiot

I mean in general believe it or not the whole world doesn't revolve around endgame

Yeah I noticed that, I checked the catalog when we went too many minutes without a new post

Make a tank that can do decent damage.

Absolve it of any seeming sense of responsibility or give DPS other immediately apparent responsibilities
Lots of people avoid playing tank at the beginning because of the idea that the tank leads the group and actually has more stuff to do, so they end up DPS or healer instead and stick to it.

10 min on df now with everything but a tank, pretty sure it's obvious as fuck that something needs to be done to get people to play tank

Put healing checks in every duty to weed out shitters as they lean towards healing

Meanwhile at the endgame that you say it doesn't revolve around, DPS queues aren't that bad because tanks are pretty quick to find.

This is what happens when people always blame the tank, you get no tanks.

hey, i just bought the game, but it looks like the mog station is fucking up, i just added the base game to my account but when i try and add heavensward it keeps saying the code is invalid.

am i doing something wrong?

What are you queued for, and are you on aether

Welp, healer and 2nd dps bounced now. Thanks df

Tanks probably shouldn't do stuff you can call them out on. The same goes for every role, especially if they're doing it in the presence of someone who plays their job. Tanks don't get some special focus on being in the wrong, if a healer especially fucks up they get called for it. If a DPS is just that bad at mechanics they get called for it too. The difference is that there are tanks in this game that mess up simply positioning the boss. This is something we saw just about at the start of ARR when tanks would usually mess up AntennaBanana in Amdapor Keep.