Why don't other American manufacturers have a competitor to the Corvette?

Why don't other American manufacturers have a competitor to the Corvette?

They do.

The viper was one.

Long time ago the Thunderbird would've been another but Ford went a different route sadly.

Ford had one from 1955-1957.. Then Ford's bean counters got involved

The Viper is twice the price.

good question!

The Viper competes against the Corvette Z06, which is the same price as a Viper.

corvette bases at $50k, viper base is over $100k, so no.

and discontinued

The thunderbird was always a luxury car.

non-coupe c5's are literally for faggots

>pic related non-gay coupe c5

What are you talking about? All corvettes are coupes.

This guys gets it

The only Corvette that the Viper competes against is the Z06. Comparing a base model Corvette to a base model Viper is like comparing a V6 Camaro and an SRT Challenger. There is a huge power difference.

think he met the non z06 or FRC's are ugly. which i kinda agree, i would much rather have the z06 or FRC over a normal hatch type.

...which is exactly why the viper isn't a competitor to the vette. Glad we're on the same page.

>butthurt gm shill mad that his baby boomer mobile is btfo by the viper

>being this new
I actually prefer the viper over the vette

I'm not even that guy and still I'm not on the same page as you. You're simply talking horse shit, you cuntmaggot.

SNEK SNEK SNEK

#1 GT40
#2 Viper
#3 Corvette
Because no other American company could make such a slow car?

my guess is that trying to muscle in on the corvette's market share would be REALLY REALLY difficult just from looking at the demograph that buy corvettes

imagine how much wasted money and the diminishing returns with the market moving towards non performance eco friendly cars for normies to use as tools

honestly it sounds like something fucking Chrysler would do since every decision they make just hurts them in the end

I've always wondered this.

there is literally no car that competes with the Corvette. why is that? Ford tops out with the Mustang, which goes against the Camaro. the Challenger as well.

Nissan with the GTR sure, but that's Z06 money. 370z is washed up and simply not in the same class.

seriously why hasn't anyone built a Corvette competitor? a base Corvette competitor, a great looking sports car starting anywhere from $40-50k

They do you're just an old mainstream fgt guessing retired or daddy bought you a nice vehicle for your bat mitzvah

>a car engineered around a chassis to meet a $50k price point is designed to market with +$100k supercars.
Not on this planet. The fact that it does is moot, albeit quite impressive.

Also, if dodge did in fact design the viper to compete with the corvette, they've failed miserably. Chevy sells more vettes weekly than dodge sells Vipers annually.

They also sell more Daewoos with Chev badges than anything. By your retarded logic, that's what determines if a car is good.
>yfw prezo is a Korean shitbox fangirl

daewoos aren't viper competitors either ya dingus...

But they sell more of them, so they're gooder-Prez/o/, 2017

it would take hundreds of millions, and years to do

and it still might not sell

and emissions are only getting more strict

to me it sounds like a losing battle

it would make more sense to do a paradigm shift and try to shit out propaganda that would make all the mid life crysis boomers to consider a mustang or something else OVER the corvette, by shitting out bullshit that would mislead something into thinking another choice would be a better buy

Because the 350GT, Viper and Hellcat destroy it outright. Nobody but a cuck buys a base Corvette.

Correction. Nobody but a cuck buys ANY Corvette. Daily reminder that a Fiero making less than 300hp was killed off for being FASTER. Chevy will never recover and Pontiac doesn't even fucking exist anymore.

because the 2020 mustang will be a hybrid

>350GT
muscle car
>Viper
Literally the same make, but a tier higher than Corvette.
>hellcat
muscle car

>Fiero
Yeah, I can agree with you on that one. Bastards.

tier higher than the hellcat" fuck me

The Ford GT is outirght miles better

Has actually won LeMans too

Panoz is still building the Esperante somehow.

>comparing a $400k car to a $55k car

kill you are self

>N-not fair

Stay btfo

I don't even like corvettes, you dipshit tripfag. You can't compare two cars in completely different price brackets. You do that and everything starts losing to Koenigsegg and McLaren and all the other "super car" manufacturers.

>I dont like corvettes

Good, they are GM trash

F-Type? 911 base? I'm not really sure

Brand name power.

Over the past few decades, GMC has put the Corvette name forever into the hearts of all Americans as "America's car". The name sells itself. Ford or FCA would have to take a chance and invest a shit ton of money into marketing to try and dethrone "america's car", it's just not worth it. Ford is content with its Mustang sells, the mustang v6 coupe is the best selling sports car in the world and Dodges Challenger is steadily getting more and more popular since it was introduced. Camaros sells are slumping but if the new ZR1 turns out to be good, it will rise back.

I guess the Viper didn't count since it really didn't compete with the Corvette.

The Viper fucked it in the ass, came in the insides of it's digestive tract and never called the 'Vette again. All hail da mighty snek!

>pay your fair share and we'll destroy society by throwing your money at violent degenerates

GAS THE POOR CLASS WAR NOW

DRIVERS OF HONDAS AND WORSE GO FIRST

Ford doesn't want to cut into Mustang sales, so their supercar approach will generally be limited-production, more upmarket vehicles.

Snek is badass, but given the price disparity I wouldn't call it a competitor. If FCA tried to cut a Viper back to the Vette's price point, I think they'd come up with something that would either pale in comparison performance-wise, or be so shoddily built that it'd suffer from Yugo-tier unreliability.

That said, I think there are gonna be big changes for the Corvette. With the Camaro now nipping at the its heels, I think the next iteration of the 'vette will be considerably more expensive, but also dramatically faster with the mid-engine layout.

Giving a shit about what some shithead tripfag says

Hellcats and GT350s are prob cheaper to make and serve the same purpose of being rolling advertisement for the company that makes money selling trucks and crossovers.

Kek fucking triggered

Questions to anyone that has owned one, how do they handle? How do they make you feel driving one? What year/model, and can you compare it to other cars you've driven?

because Chevrolet makes anything that actually competes with the vette

>Why don't other American manufacturers have a competitor to the Corvette?
that's like trying to pick a fight with a literal retard

What should they do, try to make a car that will break down FASTER than the new corvette?

So no one drives a corvette here?

one guy did but he's in jail

Well maybe if GM tried harder people would be more willing to buy their cars.

>one guy used to drive his dads but he's in jail
ftfy

because its a hard market to get into since the vette kicks ass and has decades of name recognition

the viper kind of tried to compete but cost too much and the early gens it just couldn't hang
same with the ford GT but it does have the whole GT40 thing going for it

With the Viper gone, the only real domestic competition are the highend trim level pony cars like the Camaro and Mustang, but they only compete with the base model and CGS. The Challenger doesn't really compete since it's more of a traditional mid-20th century style muscle car.

you're an idiot

What about Rezvani? I know they're new, and double the price, but they're there if you want a vette that isn't a vette.

I wanted to get a corvette stingray with my income tax, I dont know if im gonna go through with it yet.

I honestly would if I could. Just gonna get a Fiero cause I'm poor as shit.

yeah. wait, i'm confused. i just meant that the hardtop c5's disgust me, due to the similar body lines as the convertible. much rather a coupe c5.

Would you rather take a base corvette or a high end camaro?
The sports car demographic already wants luxury, thats my guess as to why no one wants to compete directly with corvette at a similar price

Schacht was out of power in in 1938. He also didn't know about any war plans and left when he found out. So the whole idea of Hitler's economy under Hjalmar Schacht being designed for war is absurd.

No doubt if Schacht were so open about this model it would be in every book about Nazi Germany ever because its fun to point out how dumb nazis were but it is not.

Its from a wordpress file from some LARPing faggot online. The pedophilia should have tipped you off.