We all have that one mod that completely ruins a car for us

We all have that one mod that completely ruins a car for us.
What is yours, Veeky Forums?

For me, it's putting non pop-up headlights on a C5 like pic related

chrome aftermarket tail lights (altezzas)

Aftermarket exhaust on anything nice. It adds no power, is obnoxious, and usually looks like shit.

I like my cars fast and quiet.

body kits and aftermarket skirts, gratuitous chrome

Only basketball americans thinks this looks good.

Forgot pic

>aftermarket exhuast adds no power
christ, I hope you aren't seriously this stupid

Oh god these get me everytime. Can you swap regular lights into an altezza? (the lexus) cos that plus a manual and that car would be sweet.

Plastidick is the equivelant to giving your car AIDs. Unfortunately you dont get the AIDs with it

Oh, right. That 3" cat-back on my WRX vapemobile with the coffee can tips adds at least 40hp!

Seriously, it doesn't do anything worth the noise. And with all the extra noise you have to drive like a granny to not attract all the police.

But these are great. They're reminiscent of the C5R.

just paint the chrome the same shade of red. looks fine then

ah yes that's why all racecars have really quite exhuasts and why replacing a restricting exhaust with a straight pipe only adds about 1 hp right?
you're fucking retarded

OH I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS

IF A CAR IS INVOLVED IN CONSTANT SHITPOST THREADS (CORVETTE OR GTR) I AUTOMATICALLY HATE BOTH SIDES

forgot eyelids

M badge on base model BMWs always makes me laugh

Quoted for truth.

Wheels that I can only call "rims" due to how ugly they are. Really any wheel that is not white, chrome, black, or stock. Like purple wheels, why the fuck.

I hate underglow and those stupid fucking aftermarket chrome fender vents pakishits put on their taxis

>M badges on non-M BMWs
Seriously, every god damn chav in Eastern Europe puts M badges on their shitty riced cars (usually the E36 Compact) and it triggers me so much

But what if my buick didn't come with fake vents from the factory?

Third world south american here. Last time I took my car for a wash I saw an old fart thinking he was THE shit driving a new-ish BMW 318i...with an M3 badge. No, not an M3 badge replacing the 318i badge...he had both badges on.

Imagine how triggered I got.

>M116d

My neighbor's nephew had a ford focus with GT-R, Nismo, and Type-R stuck onto it.

>Pretty much anything Garage Vary makes for Miatas
>Saleen kits (bonus rage for knockoff Saleen parts and decals) on non-Saleen Mustangs
>car lashes
>those niggertastic mesh grills that people put on their Rovers and Escalades to complement their donk ass rimz from companies like Strut and Lexani
>99% of vanity plates

pretty much any mods at all.

I like a virgin.

If it's been done right, I can get behind it though.

But, trashy shit like smoked tail lights, or eurolights, or halogen lights, or shitty window tint, shoddy stereo job, steering wheel replacement, shift knob replacement, boot replacement, wheel replacement, that kind of stuff is usually a big turn off.

What I hate most of all, though.. Is mismatched, or shitty walmart hubcaps.

I tear those off ASAP and rock steelies rather than wear scuffed up try hard shoes.

Floor mats, they piss me off too.

Please be original

Shaved. Shaved door handles, shaved badges, shaved trim, shaved anything. I get why people like it but I think it's hideous. I wouldn't tell anyone else to leave it on but I'll never take that shit off my cars.

i wrapped the top part of mine with red vinyl, but can't find a pic on my phone

I agree. For me, custom paint jobs are one of the only cosmetic mods I can get behind on most circumstances. Make it faster instead

A friend who bought an AX for 200 euros stuck shit like that on his car ironically, by the time he was finished it looked like the car was made by capcom
>Type R supersport GT-R S V8 4X4 GT RS M3

fender flares

>being this retarded
Ever hear of a little old thing called a dynamometer?

You're acting like aftermarket exhausts are on par with "electric superchargers". And yeah, it's not like an aftermarket exhaust will instantly yield big gains, but they allow you to get way more out of a tune. The lower back pressure allows more fresh air to enter the cylinder, which means you can burn more fuel. While that's obvious to most people here, clearly you needed a de-retarding. You're welcome.

>back pressure
Dont be silly

Non-functioning hood scoops and wings.

>shitty aftermarket lights, especially the chrome things
>shitty bodykits
>stanced or lowered

Kek i just darkened my taillights so they look more maroon cause i hate bright red. Am i just as bad?

WE WUZ TAIL LIGHTZ

Lowering a car slightly with proper coilovers can be nice. Especially if the stock ride height is pretty tall, but everyone has different opinions.

As an s30 owner I agree. Played out to hell and back

Matte black paint

>lower back pressure
As in, back pressure is bad. I'm not a retard who thinks "muh bak pressure gives more torq". You are dumb.

Or are you saying back pressure DOES NOT EXIST? In that case, you are hopeless.

>by the time he was finished it looked like the car was made by capcom

My fucking sides.

Back pressure is climate change of cars

you are actually autistic if you think aftermarket exhaust adds nothing

>designed for off road show car use
>you damn well know that people are going to drive around with this
>and don't realize what a hazard it is
>and expect others to tolerate it
>and throw a fit when they're stopped by police

Back pressure is 100% detrimental in any quantity in a 4-stroke engine but you need a properly "tuned" (tweaked or adjusted is more accurate) to maximize the vacuum which assists the exhaust stroke. There are literally "exhaust insulators" to keep it hot and maximize flow for this reason. Running open headers on a stock engine will more than likely make it run like shit because there's no longer that vacuum to help suck out the gasses. The only reason some race cars run very little exhaust piping or possibly open headers is because the volume of exhaust gasses expelled per unit of time is crazy and an exhaust that short or lack thereof is best for that engine in it's higher rev range.

I like them if they offer a performance advantage by offering a wider section width and a larger range of motion. However, they are stupid when used to make your car lower or if they are just slapped on mall crawlers.

This is your average Veeky Forums user.
Does not own a car, knows nothing about cars and rides the bus to work almost daily, exception being when his mommy has time to drop him off.

You can get led kits for them which actually don't look too ricey.

Any useless cosmetics that look like they could be useful
example
>fake bonnet scoops, vents
>rear spoiler from the factory that does shit all for downforce
>non functional shit like a electric supercharger in those mad max replicas

I don't know if it's the ebay exhaust and the garden edging lip, but that looks pretty ricey user.

This and engine swapped FD's (unless it's a 20B).

They ruin the smooth curves for me. Looks like a damn frog

Pod filters

I will not buy any car running anything but a drop-in paper filter. It's a shitty mod and it causes engine wear because they don't filter shit.

There's a reputable vendor that makes c5 lights that delete the pop ups but doesn't give it a bug eye look. They cost like $1200 iirc. Those lights only look good on the c5.r

altezzas can look nice on some cars IMO

so a 26b would be rice?

I remember this car from a guy's build thread on my.is
He replaced the stock lights and stock bumper because he backed into a wall, but he ended up not liking the diffuser bumper and replacing that as well.

back pressure is the result of flow restriction you fuck. it happens when a car starts to make decent power

>non pop-up headlights
I feel the same way about Miatas and RX-7s, but I guess it does apply in general to converting pop-up headlights to non pop-ups.

This style of LED lights on classic designs

>fast and quiet
Kinda like your sex life, huh?

0/10

>LS swaps

These black things on the hood, whatever their fucking name is.

Jesus christ what's even the point of this garbage?

Stay mad busfag

Protect it against rock chips you newfag

Car bras?
Yeah there fucking disgusting

Nobody in their right mind has this on their cars, nobody except for VW fags and I've never seen anyone have issues with fucking rock chips, especially when driving on normal fucking roads.

How the fuck has nobody posted stancetards yet?

This is what happens when you are a no car bus rider

>black plastidipped rims, bumpers, doorhandles and spoiler on generic old jap shitbox

Unless you're living in a third world country where little muslim children throw rocks at your car, it shouldn't be an issue. Besides how the fuck is that little piece of cloth supposed to protect you from rocks is beyond me.If you put it over your entire hood then it just might make sense but like that?

You not smart

>I've never owned a car and I've never driven lots of highway miles

Just go back to

>highway
>rocks
Third world country confirmed

>I honestly have no clue

Bus rider confirmed

came here for this

excessive negative camber makes my rageboner painfully hard

Unnecessary amounts of chrome on a late-model car. And it's not even chrome it's chrome-painted plastic.

self-tint

>Implying anyone besides Mazda actually has a fucking 26B
>Implying anyone could actually fit one in an RX-7

Oversized wheels... I can tolerate most mods but big ass wheels in a sports car.. DA FUQ

> pic very related

>Capcom
Ahahahahahahahhaha

Fucking hate these, my friend had a very clean car, then he sold it, and the new owner put this shit on the hood
>Fuckingwhy.aiff

Gotta protect the paint from stonechips, by constant having n abrasive material rubbing against it

Low profile tyres. I fucking hate that shit so much. I mean, why sacrifice comfiness and ease of mind for something called "Sidewall Flex" you won't feel unless you're an experienced driver? While some suffer with pencil-drawn rubber lines around their wheels everytime they go over a pothole, I just cruise all chill.

My car has small rust spots on the front part of the hood, exactly where a hood cover would be placed. The front part of the hood needs it because that's where rock chips do damage. The back/flat part of the hood doesn't get damaged by them and the bumper is made of plastic any way. Just because you don't own a car doesn't mean you can shit on an item which has proven it's effectiveness. Though it seems pointless to cover up parts of your car when it's not standing still, but it has it's purpose. There a reason some people use it you bus riding fucker.