I went karting with some friends and finished dead last

I went karting with some friends and finished dead last...
Is there some tips you guys can give me or some sort of video I should watch that might help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xQRmYMlmdqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Git gud

take better lines, learn to not lose momentum, dont be a fatass, warm up tires on warmup lap. pick a kart thats warm.

Thanks, Ill ask for a warm kart next time.
They did put me in a cold cart on the second race...

Wear thick coats that make you look fat. They give the more powerful karts to heavier people to offset the weight difference.

I always place in the top 3 when I go karting. Step it up fag.

yea whatever krelboyne

>the more powerful karts

any real place is not going to have this be a thing

you have to qualify for the faster ones

>3rd place out of 3 people, if that

Are you admitting noobs can't compete?

this happened to me and I felt really bad because I thought I did all the stuff the instructor who gave us tips and shit said to do

girls that were just swerving and smashing into shit would be beating me free

then i realized the kart pit guy had my limiter higher than everyone elses

i was pissed a f that day

Play more nfs fag

Being small and quick is beneficial to most things in life I would say. There's no 300lb ninjas, or horse racers, or racecar drivers, or motorcycle racers, even when I worked stocking groceries all the small quick people were best.

youtube.com/watch?v=xQRmYMlmdqM

First couple of laps I was the slowest. It was still the warm up period though. The workers even showed me a sign that said GAS GAS GAS. I ended up 2nd place only to lose to my older bro with around 10 people. Our group was 4 people. When we got home we played gran autismo 5 with the steering wheel and got the same results. My bro was 1st and me 2nd. Months later, he went karting with electric ones (the former was gas) at a dofferent facility, he was their all-time fastest by 10 seconds. Im guessing only the beta fags who dont know about driving goes there.
Playing gran autismo, watching initial d, jdm battle vids with DK and all of them, and practice spirited driving helped. Also helps if you just grow a pair and stop being scared.

>turn smoothly
>control throttle and brake pedals, make sure the tires don't slip, they always say the slower (cleaner) the lap looks the faster it is
>take the best driving line and hit the apex

The thing about it is that there's people who come out of the womb racing cars, so people like you or I basically needn't bother racing seriously. That's how I see it.

But of those who didn't come out of the womb racing cars, you can still improve and try and be the best you can. Otherwise why bother being good at anything

I tried my whole life to be good at things, and it never worked out. On the other hand I'm glad I did try because it was enjoyable. Overall trying things can be fun, and even work out in your favour I guess.

brakes on karts are insane, you are probably braking way too soon or not going fast enough on straights.

You are probably too used to driving cars to take advantage of a karts.

You can't use the steering wheel as much, karts (especially the rental ones) are light and the engines take forever to rev up. Being all jerky with the steering wheel or correcting a lot is going to actively slow you down. Every vehicle becomes slower/needs more power when the wheels are turned, you don't notice it on a car, but on karts it almost becomes the single most detrimental thing for your lap times.

Learn to be very smooth with the steering wheel and to use proper racing lines. The less you play with the steering wheel, the faster you will be.
Being slow in and fast out of a turn is always better than being fast in and slow out, especially with the kind of engines you are dealing with.

Slipping tires is a big no-no, every second your kart spends being grossly sideways or losing traction are seconds off your lap time.
You may feel you are faster when you brake late, go a bit sideways and then do mad skidz while going out of the turn, but you are not.

You are not driving a 600hp monster that could use some light oversteer mid-corner to have a better trajectory out of a turn, you are driving a suspensionless, nimble vehicle with a lawnmower engine that absolutely doesn't like revving slowly (unless you are driving electric karts, but these tips are still valid)

If you think you can't avoid slipping tires, try a wider trajectory, sacrifice a lap to properly warm up the tires or brake less/sooner.
Also, on hard turns like hairpins and slow corners where you are coming fast, try to brake while still going straight as opposed to carrying the braking while you are already turning, it will help keeping the rear wheels within their grip limits.

And don't be fat

literally watch inital D

This may be absolute bs but I had a couple of people tell me that there was a load sensor on most electric karts like they have at K1 Speed and the karts will attempt to balance out the power to weight ratio. I highly doubt it but I'm a bit overweight and I can usually get on the monthly lap leader board with ease and I personally don't think I am that good of a driver so make of it as you will.

This, don't even bother using the brakes unless there's someone in front of you being slow.
Karts have enough grip to turn at stupid speeds.

I remember the only one time I went karting, it started raining halfway through. By the time I got off, my arms were aching up to my neck from holding on to the steering wheel with all my strength just to not slide out of the seat.
I don't remember using the brakes at all, if I was going too fast I'd jerk the wheel hard enough to go into a mini drift.
Of course that slows you down considerably, but it's fun as fuck.

Also play more nfs and forza lmao

this is a worksafe board

the OP image is aginst the rules

post drawing of the track

It also depends on what surface the track is made out of.
On most outdoor tracks made of asphalt, given the low power of most rental karts, you can really just use the curbs to steer the kart on most turns.

Indoor tracks with no curbs and wood/plastic surface don't offer the same grip and usually have tighter curves that force you to brake a lot.

>dont be a fatass

excuse me but my incredible weight means i've never once braked for a corner when karting, ever. f1 cars use aerodynamics to stick to the track, karts use fat people.

i have a friend who could wear me as a baggy suit and he can't take the same corners as fast as me

>work at dealership
>had a good year apparently
>they're taking everyone to K1 at the end of the month
>half the techs have 240/silvia/300 drift machines
>intimidated but also excite

What can I do to keep up

Also are defensive drifts possible with a kart, I want to piss people off

lmao cuck

Next time bring baby powder with you. If you fall in last dump that shit around the inside of corners and watch as everyone spins out.

I played gran turismo/forza a lot and was decent at karts. I just applied the same concepts like hitting apexes and "slow in, fast out" and did just fine.

I can guarantee you this is not the reason you fucking retard

Remove brakes.

i work in a morgue so nope