Why cant engines have motorbike technology in them? for example these are oem pistons for a v twin...

why cant engines have motorbike technology in them? for example these are oem pistons for a v twin. why cant someone make a v8 like this?

You could have just typed
>hi guys I'm retarded
And had the same effect

Could this turn a non-interference engine into an interference engine?

That depends on the piston to valve clearance

So it could potentially?

Not him but yes. Pistons can make an interference engine non-interference too.

gm btfo

>fastest PRODUCTION CAR
>A tuned exige

Because car engine's are designed to last hundreds of thousands of miles. Sports motorcycle engines are sometimes lucky to make it to 50-60k miles before a major overhaul.

Short skirt pistons like that enable higher rpm operation due to lighter weight but do not wear well.

Also car engines are typically higher displacement so there is no need to rev as high to make design power, and thus do not need such drastic cuts to reciprocating weight to justify short skirt pistons like that.

theres your answer

>Sports motorcycle engines are sometimes lucky to make it to 50-60k miles before a major overhaul.

Wrong.

Except this is bullshit

The reason people think sportbikes don't last is because sportbike owners are retards.

It's a smaller vehicle, it does things to save weight, it has less oil and less filter and therefore shorter oil change intervals.
Do owners follow those intervals? Lol no.
It's a higher revving engine. Valves get thrown out of clearance sooner, CCTs and chains wear quicker, and checks and adjustments are more frequent. Same thing as oil changes.
Much maintenance can be put off for a bit if you don't beat the shit out of your engine. Do sportbike riders go easy? No.
Engines tend to fail when you bust them open in a crash, and guess what sportbike riders tend to do?

The difference between a sports tourer with 200k miles on the whole bike and a sportbike that blew its engine before 60k is the owner. Sportbikes ridden like tourers and treated like tourers predictably roll over the odometer without issues and have their engines outlast all the surrounding bearings.

>Sports motorcycle engines are sometimes lucky to make it to 50-60k miles before a major overhaul.
>50-60k miles

My trips say otherwise. Facts do too.

#getrekt

>an engine ran below it's design demands will last longer

No shit Sherlock.

This doesn't change the fact that typically a sport bike will need a enw top end before 100,000 miles because the valves are out of spec unless it is babbied unnecessarily. In which case why buy a sportbike instead of a lower performance bike with a lower strung motor intended for the type of riding you'll be doing?

I've seen GSXR's go in for their second scheduled valve check and being so out of spec as to necessitate a top end rebuild. No amount of oil changes will stop that from happening. And fuck you if your answer is to run a bike at lower rpm when the entire engine was designed to operate and perform at 9,000+ rpm. And is pretty much shit below that point.

Some sport bikes need cylinder rebuilds at 60,000 miles or so too to maintain performance.

The fact that most sport bikes get totaled before their motor is done is immaterial. They are still extremely high performance motors that go through valves, pistons, and cylinders much faster than car motors.

There are exceptions, like the F4i motor which can keep on chugging for a good long time, but they are the exception, not the rule.

You did not make an argument at all. Post disregarded.
Let me guess, you bought a 600cc sportbike as a commuter and think umpedy billion commuter miles on a bike designed for much more abuse means they are super reliable and high longevity motors.

Understress any motor and it will last longer this is a retarded point to try to argue. But what's the point of 11,000rpm vtwins and 16,000 rpm I4's with their lightweight valvetrain, lighteweight pistons, etc. to hit a specific power/performance goal.
You can chug along at 5,000rpm in a 250cc standard and have it last even longer. What's the point of doing it on a bike designed for much more.

Let alone trying to criticize people for riding the bikes as they are designed to be ridden.

yeah it's usually around 30k

>Valves get thrown out of clearance sooner
You mean, the bikes might... you know, need new valves sooner?

>Sportbikes ridden like tourers and treated like tourers predictably roll over the odometer without issues and have their engines outlast all the surrounding bearings.
What is the point of having a sportbike then? As was said, you can understress any motor. Never take a 250 over 40mph or give it more than 30% throttle and it will last forever, what's the point?

Sportbikes ridden like sportbikes do not last more than like 40-50k miles between overhauls.
If you're not riding your sportbike like a sportbike then why the fuck do you have a sportbike?

dumb forza babby

still both wrong

>Sportbikes ridden like sportbikes do not last more than like 40-50k miles between overhauls.

wrong

>you know, need new valves sooner?

"need new valves" fucking lol you have zero idea what you are talking about if you said that in a serious manner

>aluminum
Steel pistons are almost here, who cares about no-skirt wobblies?

>Expecting Veeky Forums to know anything

those things wear out the bores a lot quicker

>complete lack of any argument or the ability to construct one.
Posts disgarded.

Yes, need new valves you fucking retard. Valve adjustments can only go so far. once you are at the smallest shim size there is no adjustment left and the valves must be replaced once out of spec. I've seen this below 40,000 miles on Suzuki and Kawasaki sport bikes.

Stop talking about shit you are clueless on.

>Suzuki and Kawa's ever needing valve adjustments

Stick to dirt hillbilly.

>not knowing they're literally the worst on valves for sport bikes.

They're almost as bad as Honda dirtbike valves.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

>having valves
lol

They generally last longer than the rest of the bike. It's very rare for a well maintaned sportbike to need any sort of major engine overhaul before its life is cut short by a crash.
And even when the bike and rider do survive long enough to wear the engine it's normally the titanium valves that need replaced rather than the pistons.

Are you retarded? Just because sport bikes are made to be capable of 100+hp at 10k+ rpm doesn't mean you're under-utilizing the bike by not going WOT everywhere. Just like cars generally spend less than 10% of the time above half throttle and would suffer in longevity if driven wide open all the time.

>13k+ rpm I4 sport ike making 120-200hp
>putter around at 5000rpm at 1/4 throttle opening using like 50hp tops in order to maximize drivetrain longevity
>not completely retarded in light of the existence o more appropriate tools for your puttering for much cheaper and that last much longer.

Cool story bro.

>putter around at 5000rpm at 1/4 throttle opening using like 50hp tops in order to maximize drivetrain longevity
nobody said that. It's just that unless it's a dedicated track bike or you're some kind of highway-run-only hero you are going to be spending a lot of your time on the road where you aren't constantly ringing its neck.

Should I provide an argument for the Earth orbiting the Sun as well? You can't just say that people have no argument and that they are wrong when they are stating something that is common sense and fucking obvious at the same time.

I give you a hint
most heavy bike is only like 400 kg
even small cars are lucky to get lighter than 600 kg
to get less than that you start giving up passenger and luggage space if not body panels and the roof

with valve cut outs you risk hot spots and bad flame propagation
makes things more complex

lol

just lol dude

try again

get out of here kawasaki fuccboi

mark ass bitch you dont know shit about motorcycle engines

>Should I provide an argument for the Earth orbiting the Sun as well?
You could easily provide sources for such a claim, not a valid comparative argument.

>You can't just say that people have no argument and that they are wrong when they are stating something that is common sense and fucking obvious at the same time.
It's not common sense and you haven't demonstrated anything to that effect. Saying "wrong is not an argument. it just makes you look like a child who cannot form a compelling argument. Likely because you do not know how to do so.

>uncited dash readouts for mostly unknown motorcycle types with unknown amounts of repairs done to each one.

Nice try retard. Try again.

>give proof!1!!!!1!
>nuh uh thats not gud enugffF!!!@!@!@!@

get cancer

>proof

I don't think you know what proof is.

An odometer doesn't say what work has been done on the bike. Try again.

why should i waste my time replying to some little fuckwad that denies fact and refuses to do any sort of research to educate himself?

top kek

>fact

I don't think you know what proof or facts are.

You have provided neither and clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

stay mad

Why would I be mad that you cannot provide anything to back up your uneducated opinion?

BTFO

>be nigger in Uganda
>buy euro super car
>tune it
>repeat for few more cars
>Uganda now fastest production vehicle in the world

Bike engines arnet subject to the same emissions rules as cars