>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007 carb revised riding seasons.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=pXHX57u6LiA
kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/winnipeg/2011-yamaha-fz6r/1220048996?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_MotoGP_season
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5941461686.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/5950317740.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im looking at a cost perspective too since most of you guys are poor as fuck.
if you have the money to mod out the FX to your liking then go for it.
i believe the grey wire mod worked on all the carbed off road WRs, but i haven't looked into it in ages

Webms

yamaha makes the yz250x.
They are currently working on a 300cc 2t to compete with the euro bikes but it won't be out until either next year or 2019

>california
nah

well the yz would be slightly cheaper if the light doesn't require messing with the stator.
>carb wr
nah, the new one man.

>you can see the hours when you plug the computer in.
does this require some special yamaha connector?
>rego
yz is red sticker here, lights are just for luxury. i forgot that it was red, now im leaning toward wr

>CC is user now

Why no 2stroke?

Does it need to be plated? Because you didn't mention that initially.

I look forward to a new jap 2t woods weapon. 4t is fine for woods for most riders and better maintenance intervals, but if you don't need a legal bike 2t all the way. I thouht the YZ250X was supposed to be an MX style bike?

Is it actually going to be ridden on the road?
If yes i highly recommend you start looking at a beta430rr otherwise why even bother with the lights or anything?
Off road that is just more weight and even 5kg is a big difference one you get into single tracks which is what i assume you want to be riding down.

And you get a computer when you buy the bike, even second hand they should have the computer and if they don't you say "well that is $500 off the price then"

I am sure he has his reasons, 2t is not for everyone.

california

>Does it need to be plated?
not talking about plates at all. red sticker is only rideable in riding season.

no road. i ride at night sometimes with my friends.
>430
>light trail bike

Whats with the warning lights?

This is why we buy steering dampers, kids.

rear abs and TC turned off

Are no 2ts green sticker? I don't know anything about cali laws regarding that

Also I thought cali riding season was all year

I m sad. May still try to recover my trip

Does anyone else get mad when other bikers go faster than them on the highway?

pre 2003 smokers can be green. all 2t after that are forever red only. i can't be fucked to check a schedule if i want to ride.
ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007 carb revised riding seasons.pdf

anyway, i guess that's my answer. 2016 wr250f. fuck the yz250fx for being red.

whats wrong with the trip?

no, i dont ride a croozer

Righto
youtube.com/watch?v=pXHX57u6LiA

I CAN'T AFFORD THAT SHIT, BITCH

Left for a week on vacation, came back and it wasn't on any of my machines when I came back. I thought I had a notepad file with it saved somewhere but I can't find it.

Are you only interested in new bikes? A properly sorted KDX200 would do you nicely I think

Are we gonna trade bikes at some point in Moab?

I dont live in the states, california because of all the smog and cancer prevention bullshit?

then why do you think you can afford a yz250fx?
they are about the same price.

Yeah, california is really anal about their rules. Also guns.

Like even for trail bikes?

yes, planning to buy a

like even for any vehicle in the whole state.

That is pretty fucking stupid

why don't you just get an old kdx200 or something?

I highly doubt you could even ride one of those close to its full potential so getting a better bike than that really isnt going to accomplish much for you other than being more expensive than you can afford because i am sorry to say it but even 5 year old dirt bikes are probably out of your price range.

He said no 2strokes sadley

i do not want one. thank you anyway.

klr300 then.
What you want and what you can afford are very different things in reality.

Why buy something with a high maintenance schedule that has been to hell and back over the past 5 years so you can spend a few thousand dollars rebuilding it within 50 hours?

Why not be smart, buy a shitbike, git gud first then start saving for the bike you really want.

It is almost like you people think money grows on trees while complaining about being poor.

dont see why not, we never remembered to last time anyways

i already have a shitbike. it's fat and slow and bad at trails. that's why i want a light trail bike. and how do you know what my budget is? i only said i couldn't afford a beta, but that was without checking their prices. i can afford a new wr250f but am looking for a lightly used recent one to save a bit of money if possible. fuck off with your shit, old bike recommendations, i'm not interested in any two strokes or any of your 15 year old bikes, and i'm not going to explain myself further to you.

thanks! :^)

Why are you so obsessed with this dude not getting the bike he wants? It's not like a 16 year old kid trying to buy a literbike, a WR250F is perfect for what he's said he wants, and why should he buy a shitbike when he can buy a nice one that'll retain its value and be a better bike? Also a few thousand for a WR250 top end rebuild? Are you high? That's maybe a grand.

Why the fuck is this thing so cheap? What's wrong with it? I know the kilometers are high but that doesn't matter too much to me since I'm quite diligent with preventative maintenance.

2011 Yamaha FZ6R,
kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/winnipeg/2011-yamaha-fz6r/1220048996?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $2,200

Whats your budget then?

Because first thing is first take it and halve it, half for buying your bike, half for maintenance that it will need within the first few months of ownership.

Honestly i am just assuming you are a complete gumby when it comes to the dirt bike side of lif.

>doing a top end rebuild on a bike that revs to 13,000rpm without doing the bottom end
ggnore

It's an FZ6, it was never worth much. KBB is only $4,200, for a bike with that many miles and owners $2,200 is really only a little on the cheap side.

Alright, I'm not super familiar with with that group of bikes so seeing a 2011 anything for $2200 just caught me off guard even with the mileage. Are they any good?

fz6's are pretty good. fz6r's are slower and have full fairing. the r is a good commuter, light cornering bike, nothing that special though.

I know I was hoping to try out the 400 too, altitude power loss or not kek.

Well that's a bummer, I'd say move from CA but I know how you califags are

That's basically what I'm looking for, thanks for the info.

you live in the desert and find dirt to ride in, and i live in the hills and find sand to get stuck in, what the hell?

poor africa twin

I need to redo all my webms in HD, They all look like shit compared to the last few I did.

He's just using it like it should be.

you need to get your trip back so my filter works again

You'll get over it

Is Rossicuck still mad Honda won MotoGP?

yamaha won mfgr
marquez won rider
duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

do i go get some tequila, dbt?

>yamahahaha
>Manufacturers

Hahahahahaha

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_MotoGP_season

Yamahahaha only won the team championships and that is over because Lorenzo is in ducati

Hahahahahha

yeah

What kind of question is that

Except get whiskey

Lorenzo is going to fail when he moves to Ducati just like Rossi did, Maverick is the new hotness and Marquez is a washed up manlet.

>local craigslist
>"hayabusa"
post the most BAD-ASS
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5941461686.html

I live in australia here, busas are respected for what they really are.

If you have a plated dual sport do you even need to fuck with the green sticker red sticker bullshit?

I bought my bike plated and it has a expired 2010 green sticker on the steering head. Bike was sold as plated.

I don't want to be out riding offroad then get fucked over some green/red sticker bullshit i didn't even know about.

>plate
ride anywhere you want on or off road

>looking at getting a smaller muffler for my 2016 gsxr750
>Don't want it to be loud, just want it slimmed down
>All the big brands (everyone goes for m4 on this model) want hundreds for a piece of metal
>I've had Yoshi pipes on bikes before and I've had Chinese knock offs. There was never a visual/quality/or sound difference

Problem. The pipe has a curve coming off the cat (check photo). I can't find anyone who sells an adapter so I can put a generic muffler on. Do I need to get one made up? Obviously can't slap a can straight on or it will stick out the side. Any ideas?

>Don't want it to be loud

they are all going to be loud af i hope you know

Any idea why it has a green sticker on it? Should I take it off?

I tried to buy a hayabusa in So Cal a few months ago. What a shit show. The only unmolested bike I could find was high-mileage, and title was in his "friend's" name.

>Lorenzo is going to fail when he moves to Ducati just like Rossi did

this egg on your face is gonna be pretty funny. Lorenzo is gonna win qatar, at minimum a podium position.

He was very fast at the first test and he looked like he wasn't trying, he never once went out and tried to record a hot lap on fresh tyres.

Look at his face during the test, just look at it.

He knows something.

No...The cat converter on these dulls the noise before the muffler. But feel free to keep talking about bikes you haven't worked on before.

because it probably didnt' come with a plate from factory. they can technically still steal your plate back whenever they want. but if you have one, it supersedes a green sticker.

they're out there
orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/5950317740.html

It's a WR250R. It should have came from the factory with plate.

No chance of them taking my plate back, it's sold as street legal in CA.

YES! Those fucking rice burners ride like assholes! Fuck them, they need to grow up and respect the law!

Not really on the newer gixxers. Stock there's no exhaust sound, they really make 90% of the noise from induction. Loud gsxrs are the ones before they put the huge cat converters on, or they've been replaced with a straight mid pipe.

you're good man. ride anywhere you want.

lol, i had a gsxr750 for years bud, get fucked. it will be loud. cat doesn't reduce noise much at all.

Then again, you can't figure out how to put an exhaust on so you probably don't need to worry.

>Harley revs up at traffic lights
>Trys to race
>Embarrass him, get to 140ks then pull back to the speed limit of 100
>He races past and probably tells his friends about the time he bet a cbr1000rr

wear earplugs breh

Cool, thanks.

I'm wondering if I should take the green sticker off to avoid any confusion in case a LE says my sticker is expired or something.

>Posts gsxr without cat
Ok bud.
I've put plenty of exhausts on before but I can't find any adapters that don't remove the cat.. I don't want to pay an extra couple hundred to have a brand stuck on.

>had it since 2007
>have changed the oil twice already.
Also
>Power commander
>Hot Bodies under tail, custom rear lights,
>custom lighted mirrors and front headlight
> cover,
But you're right, as 'busa's go, this one is relatively un-fucked-with.

Had loud bikes before.. not that keen on waking up my neighbours at 6am when I go to work.

But you want to put on a tiny little exhaust? lolk

What would you recommend?

Why not just cut the pipe?

>tfw gotten good enough at cornering that you can take a 25mph corner at 50.

Feels good man.

make bike noises in your helmet

>mfw you post gopro photos that are mostly complete blackness and you can't see anything

Brand new bike. I'll sell it in two years, revert everything to stock. Will sell higher stock, then I'll sell the extras online after.

>tfw youve been """practicing""" horrible body positioning and think you're good

On fleabay they sell specific mount chinese knockoff slip ons. Even if you don't ffind one for your specific bike you can find one with a bend that's close and modify it yourself or have it modified to fit.

Alternately just chop your can off and use the angled pipe to mount a slipon of your choosing. Probably would need spring hooks welded on it.

find the stock pipe on ebay to cut up for like $50 or less.

probably can find one with tons of road rash on the can from a wreck for cheap, and then just use the portion you need.

Sorry mate, there's just a lot of traffic during the day so I can only every get practice in at night. ):

Get out of here, Rossi poster.

As I said, not for noise. It's a new bike and I'm sorting all the uglyness. Just like how a tailtidy makes a huge difference. Just vwant to slim the huge exhaust down to look better without paying for brand. It's like how all the big brands charge a fortune for tailtidy, I brought a universal one for $5, and LED plate lights for $2

have fun crashing because you're trying to get a high score on your speedometer instead of actually learning to ride and it's dark out and you can't see shit in the road

seriously dont be an idiot

get out of whatever city you're in and find some twisties, christ.

Thanks. There's a few that look close. I'll give it a go ordering a few from China.

Don't want to cut the can, reverting it all to stock when it's time to sell. Thanks though.

I've been keeping an eye out

user it's generally accepted that in order to start having fun in a corner you should take it at twice the speed limit, gud riders can take corners they know at 3x the speed limit, stop looking at your speedo and get gud.

body position shouldn't be a big deal outside of the track unless you're going 50mph around 25mph corners or doing this

>riding bad all the time
>i can ride perfect if i want to

body position is a big deal pretty much all the time if you're going around a corner at any considerable speed

i mean if you're riding like a grandpa on a harley then not really, but can't you feel the difference?