Has anyone here ever changed their instrument cluster color...

Has anyone here ever changed their instrument cluster color? I want to change the whole interior dash to red to match the aftermarket radio I have but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. How much would it cost to have it done for me? Would I be better off buying another aftermarket to match the color I have already? It's stock green.

Pic related I want it like this but a stronger red

Other urls found in this thread:

diodedynamics.com/store/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have in at least 2 cars. Once I had my miata dash a red, yellow, green sprectra. It was super-easy on the miat, but it may be harder on other cars.

You need decent soldering skills to do it, at least for my car which is a genesis coupe. Basically you take it apart and theres a ton of little individual lights that you can remove, replace, or rearrange.I changed the gauges to blue and changed the traction control light and foglights on lights to being blue instead of orange and green

>aftermarket radio
cancer. replace it with a stock one.

stock radios look nicer but no aux port.

Also no bt

This

Sticky notes on the back of the cluster

Bam

Wouldnt it be cheaper and make alot more sense to change the radio to match the cluster?

You can use a tape to aux adapter or an adapter that plugs into the back of the oem radio (originally for the CD changer)

That's what I was thinkin but I'm not sure how good it's going to look in green that's the problem

Tfw cassette player is broken

>open it up and pull out circuit board
>remove LEDs
>solder in new LEDs of your choosing
>reinstall

It's not that hard

By I don't want leds I want a red color

Honesty I might just leave it the way it is and put in the radio I have anyway. I don't think it'll look weird. It seems like too much work otherwise

>I don't want LEDs i want a red color
Then get red LEDs you shit

I replaced the offwhite incandescent cluster lights in my car with red LEDs. I bought the nice ones from superbrightleds rather than the poverty-spec shit on Ebay so I spent a total of $15 on them. I also installed dimmable red accent LED strips in the footwells, red Recaro bucket seats, and red leather door inserts and armrests.

How long did all that take and was it worth it?

Not to hijack your thread, OP, but I got a question regarding LED's and lighting.

I want to replace my marker lamps, brakes, indicators, and interior lights with LED's so it's a little brighter (snows a lot, people don't pay attention, and the interior is too dark to read a map so I need to replace the bulbs anyways). Where's the best place to get LED lights that don't cost a gorillion dollars for my car?

They sell all kinds of led's on ebay. For most cars they sell kits for interior lights, the rest you'd have to find the bulb type online.

Do body shops even do stuff like this for a reasonable price or would it be better to do the whole thing yourself? I'd imagine they'd charge something ridiculous like 200+ for this

superbrightleds negroid, best value since they tend to actually last compared to the chinese shit you find on ebay/amazon

>diodedynamics.com/store/
This online store is very decent. Details on different color temperatures, lots of real-world example pics to go off of, and prides itself on only selling high-quality brand bulbs. No unmarked Chinese bulbs that end up melting your housings.

Definitely should do it yourself. Google will tell you how to remove every single light so you can swap out the bulbs yourself. Have you ever changed a lightbulb in a lamp before? Then you're qualified.

Sorry, meant to reply to

The instrument cluster seems pretty simple. I meant the panel where the radio is, you know the lights for the ac and all that other shit

I put cheap chinese LEDs in mine. It was absolutely fabulous for about a week then a few started blinking.

fug

Green is the easiest to see in during sunset.

>No aux/USB on many models
>finnicky CD player won't accept home burning unless you do it juuuust right with juuuust the right brand and kind of disk you now have to order online

Other then them recommending oversized bulbs, they look alright only im not a fan of the bulbs with multiple leds around it. I've had better luck with those "projector" leds