youtube.com/watch?v=3AJCdmW33fM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they are owned by force india

they are really expensive and really slow

weak aftermarket

everything is fuck all expensive

insurance is through the roof

its a very niche market

Lotus isn't unloved or underrated. Nobody buys/drives them because nobody wants to sustain bruises every time they drive to work/school.

/thread

Lots
Of
Troubles
Usually
Serious

idk you can get elise for 15k used.

Sure they aren't dayliable.
But tthey are fast as fuck in a sense that 3000bhp drag cars are slow as fuck.

I can't fucking fit inside them.

Lotus got fat and lost their cuteness

no reason to still like them

>Lix Ot Tgain Uony S:)

Very expensive
Break all the time
Not easily available
Keep beaking down
Small aftermarket
Lack of reliability
Not actually that powerful, particularly for the price
Did I mention they go wrong all the time? because they do

Because they only have one dailyable car, and that's the Evora, which is overpriced as a new car.
The Elise and Exige are really good at what they're supposed to do, they're supposed to be weekend cars driven on smooth roads, and nothing else.
They're an upgraded version of the AW11 and ZZW30.

Also as long as you do your own matinence they aren't expensive. Lotus outsourced for the one thing it knew it couldn't do reliably, and they picked a damn reliable drivetrain.
The suspension needs no modification, the brakes aren't too expensive to upgrade, and the engine isn't expensive to mod as it's a Toyota engine. You aren't going to find body kits and aftermarket taillights though.

The Elise is the perfect weekend car. It's fast when you buy it and with some stickier tires, some aero, and some engine mods, it can be fast as all hell.

fix it again tony

>they are owned by force india
Wait what? I know Indians are buying out every multi-millionaire companies out there but no, that still isn't said anywhere.

Because if you want the classical European roadster experience you buy a Mazda MX5 not a LOLtus that is going to give you problems.

gay_nightclub_parking.jpg

It is an Italian resort

I never heard anyone say Tony in that fucking acronym, it's 'tomorrow' you dumbasses

in all seriousness, if i had do pick a car for a pleasant drive i'd pick miata over lotus any fucking day, mainly because it's actually comfortable on a normal roads

>lol do i fit in now guise

butthurt (lol) Miata faggot detected

Do you even know what Lotus stands for?
>Lots
>Of
>Trouble,
>Usually
>Serious

>Why is Lotus so unloved and underrated?
The company built shit when it first started out. Even the early Lotus Elise didn't meet USA highway requirements required by the federal DOT. If you saw the stripped down Elise minus all the interior facade, you see why. It really was a bare bones minimalist design and looked "amateurish".

And the first Elise was outperformed on the slalom by the Chevrolet Cavalier in one of those major car tests. Sure, it was better at accelerating to high speed on the straights than cavalier, but the early Elise lost to the Cavalier in city driving and comfort. Elise surpassed Cavalier in the 3rd year, but who wouldn't with that price tag?

The early Elise vs Cavalier showed that the Lotus motto of "to have speed, build in lightness" was a fail in terms of meeting usa federal DOT safety requirements, usa comparative safety measurements between various makes, comparative noise levels, and comparative comfort levels.

My boss has an Evora. It's a sexy car but you kinda have to be a rich guy (he is) to afford the upkeep. That said, that car runs a (obviously tuned as fuck) Toyota Camry engine, so maybe it's not so bad for maint.

youtube.com/watch?v=mhdpLROs6ck&t=62s i probably fucked up the embedding because i'm too lazy but here's a pretty relevant review of a lotus

I really like the Evora 400, but it's too expensive for what it is. Used Evoras have dropped to much more reasonable prices, but the N/A ones aren't fast enough to back up their looks, and the Evora S is still a little pricey compared to other options in the same class. It's a nice looking car though, and a lot easier to live with than any other Lotus.

>but you kinda have to be a rich guy (he is) to afford the upkeep
Not at all. And if it's not an S, you can buy one for under $40k now.

youtube.com/watch?v=3AJCdmW33fM

Poor mans supercars

It just never seems to make sense in terms of value proposition. If you're spending 911 money, why are you getting a car that's more or less as direct and back to basics as a Miata but less comfortable, and if you wanted a dedicated track car, why didn't you just buy/make an Atom or an Exocet? I love the idea of Lotus(es?), but it just seems like so much goddamn money for something so spartan and unreliable. What exactly is it objectively giving you that a tracked out Miata or MR2 can't give you, aside from financial troubles?

because lotus is shit like porsche? all the cars look the same.
loved the lotus GT1.

I came to post this