Daily reminder that you should neck yourself if you drive auto

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/saturn-ion-red-line-short-take-road-test-specs-page-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

autocucks BTFO

Stick masterrace reporting in.

>handles like a sports car
Not until 1988, Honda advertising department

Daily reminder that the fastest manual gear change ever recorded was around 250ms.
Daily reminder that your average modern automatic has a shift time of only 100ms.
Daily reminder that VAG DSG has a shift time of 8ms.

>implying shift times matter
nice try bench racer.
That still doesn't account for the larger power loss through an automatic transmission, the heavier weight of automatic transmission (exception being CVTs), the worse fuel economy 9 times out of 10, and the slower acceleration times 9 times out of 10.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate automatics completely. DCTs are the only acceptable automatics in cars.
Automatics are king in trucks for a reason though.

poor people try really hard to justify acting poor dont they

>bragging about your "luxury feature" from 1940

>still living in the 80s

I guess is hard for you guys to realize that tech has improved when you only drive 20 y/o shitboxes.

>bragging about driving an ancient farm vehicle mechanism

automatic surpasses manual in pretty much every way

I have the best of both worlds

>in D move shifter left

Now a Manual Transmission for the power, mpgs, and serious drivings.

>Get a phone call or head from supermodel passenger girl

Brocar forces back to automatic transmission.

Anything less is plebian.

Would I want my shitbox to be equiped with the auto tragic that it came with 15 years ago?
No.
Would I want it to have DCT?
Yes.
Would I want it to have a modern slushbox?
Maybe. If it's a high quality one, not the ones you find in minivans or SUVs.

I don't brag about driving manual. I brag about having the ability to drive manual
The only reason automatics are so popular is because people are lazy and refuse to learn.

This

>acting superior over something so easy

why would you bother to learn manual when its outdated and useless in the modern world unless youre poor enough to only be able to get old shitboxes

Yeah.
Sure is fun driving automatic
Lemme doubleclutch this corner for fun
Oh wait I can't, gotta wait for gears to change mid corner.
Love it.

>bragging about knowing how to operate a manuel
>american """""drivers"""""

ladies and gentlemen, a 16 year old girl.

See
A modern automatic will change gear at least 3 times faster than your sorry ass can.

fun is a buzzword its meaningless

nice argument

you know youre wrong manual cant objectively be defended

>press on the shifter to shift
>wait for car to process your request
>car shifts when it's ready

Yeah okay lmao

>implying everyone drives a car from the early 90'

Not everyone is a poorfag user

>nice argument
then stop making the same arguments as my neighbor's teenage son.

sad that your neighbors teenage son has more logic common sense and debating skills than you do

Unless it's a dual clutch, that's exactly what's happening. Maybe you should drive more cars?

>OP's Pic is a poster for shitbox driving feminists

ITT: poorfags shitposting because they couldn't afford the automatic equivalents of their vehicles

yes because his automatic 4 cylinder base model 4g Eclipse is so impressive.

I drove both autos and manuals.
The only auto that I tried and it was changing slower than a manual was a 90s Audi shitbox.
Even the auto in my moms 10 y/o X3 can change faster than your average Joe.

>tfw automatic equivalents of my vehicle is cheaper because nobody wants one in automatic
Your argument's foiled again, autocuck/disabled person

thats 100% irrelevant to the topic

still probably more impressive than whatever you drive

>Implying the automatic version of my car is more expensive.
>Implying the automatic version of my car is better.

Because nobody wants a 4 cyl, 20 y/o econobox with an auto.

Nobody wants even a 20 year old luxury car in auto either, so what?

>still probably more impressive than whatever you drive
>slower and less cool than a Saturn Ion Redline
Don't think so baka.

>drives a fucking Saturd

yeah nah there isnt much less cool than what you have

no wonder youre so salty

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>large power loss

Explain how the new manual Mustang is slower than his auto counterpart?
How the auto does 0-60 0.2 faster, how is more than half a second faster to 100 and how is more than a second faster to 130?

>can't deal with an M62 supercharger
>only sees the Saturn badge
still faster than whatever you got.

>Explain how the new manual Mustang is slower than his auto counterpart?
gearing

Most people looking for a """"" luxury """"" car prefer auto

This is where you're wrong

still less cool than any car Ive ever owned too

not a benchracing faggot so I dont care about speed

So because of the gearing the auto is faster and also gets better gas millage.
Not because auto have caught up and are not the ineficient slushbox that they once were.
Totally the gearing.

You do realize that because of different final drives the difference in gearing is less than 10% depending in what gear you are, right?

>still less cool than any car Ive ever owned too
no it isn't.
Show me your suicide doors.

>that seat belt mounting

Just fuck my shit up senpai.

pointless gimmick

the Saturn badge is what makes it uncool you cant be cool in a Saturn

Oh so I should buy the slower, less engaging and heavier version of the car I want because some benchracer busrider jacks off to a transmission type that fools him into thinking he is able to drive a car?

Oh god that cheap plastic
and it has that stupid cluster in the middle bullshit
and its a saturn
:|

>being literally this poor

Let me guess, your bean bag desk chair is ergonomic when you're browsing on your OC'd Tandy sx/33 on a milk crate that is spliced into your old neighbor's pots line for your Prodigy.net connection too?

Go take your amazing auto x3 to F1 championships and win world championship every year because you can shift 0,2ms faster then.

I never said what you should buy, I just poined out that an auto is almost as efficient as a manual and can change gear faster.
You are free to buy whatever you want.

as long as it's auto because I can tip fedora at manual fags and not have nearly as much fun and control when driving.

Face it your auto gearbox aint gonna win you shit except benchracing pissing contests which are meaningless in the real world

still fast

>Don't think so baka.
>baka.

"I drive a body pillow with waifu Kagome on it nightly....manual"
- you

>slower than my mom in her SUV

kek

Assuming yours is the Redline:

ENGINE TYPE: supercharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve inline-4, aluminum block and head, port fuel injection
Displacement: 122 cu in, 1998cc
Power (SAE net): 205 bhp @ 5600 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 200 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm

Lol the SR20DET did these numbers in the 90s, going up to 250 hp in the S15 with variable timing and a t28 turbo... and I'm sure countless other engines did even better in earlier eras

My v6 RAV4 is faster lol

Works Cited:

caranddriver.com/reviews/saturn-ion-red-line-short-take-road-test-specs-page-2

still faster than an I4 4G Eclipse.

see my post

>My v6 RAV4 is faster lol
neat post pics.
I have a normal rav4. In autotragic unfortunately.

Love how you manual fags always bring this shit up but when facts hit the table you all fall back on"muh fun, muh control".
I would take my auto in my DD anytime over a manual.

I lol'd so hard

I bet you stance your cars as well since you can't drive

Daily reminder you should turn in your dick if you care this much about someone elses ride.

nobody cares (although I bet there are some benchracers who do) but its fun to argue.

Overly defensive retard resorting to projecting and deflecting since there's literally no objective argument

Don't have pics, but it's 2010 sport, v6 (2gr-fe) output approximately 280 hp and 260 tq i believe

automatics just bore me and feel artificial.

I dd a manual because it's more engaging. When I had an auto, I really hated my commute, it was a boring chore. Now I thoroughly enjoy it and I legitimately look forward to driving to and from work.

Yeah, but it's objectively uglier and way less cool. Speed =/= cool

>automatics just bore me and feel artificial.

Most honest post ITT

muh fun and muh engagement is a legit argument seeing as people drive cars for fun and to feel in control of the car.
You may as well drive an autotragic diesel maserati ghibli thats been stanced if you think fun or engagement isn't important.

>projecting this hard

I just love how you got mad and started flinging shit when you got BTFO by facts.

you can stance cars lower with automatic, plus its comfy fuck off.

i also hate how if you let the foot of the brake the car starts rolling forward. i bet thats not good for the clutch in stop and go traffic, and its also just annoying having to continously hold the brake down. clutches in modern cars are so light anyway, its literally less of an annoyance to just hold down the clutch 1 sec and put the car in neutral than holding the brake.

As I said my DD is auto but when I get bored on my way to work and feel like hooning a little I just move the lever into S mode and use the paddles.

>auto is only good for stancing

>stance
>comfy
>robbing my suspension of all it's travel and rolling on extremely thin tyres
>COMFY

wew lad, that's some new levels of retardedness

Again, assuming yours is the Redline (top trim/performace model/whatever) you gotta compare it to performance models too. Arguing that your car in top trim is faster than another car in base trim is silly.

Eclipse GT: Premium model equipped with a 263 hp 3.8 L 24-valve SOHC Mitsubishi 6G75 engine, 2009–2012 models have 265 hp

So essentially, if you ran into a GT on the street, you'd get rekt

>autos don't have neutral

Or you could do the normal thing and compare it to a car similar in price.
Stop being a retard.

"lets u select gear" doesn't.
It just tells car you want to change gear and it does when it feels like it.
By far the worst form of auto transmission i've tried even in a modern car.
It's like honda del sol of gearboxes.

I'd rather have an old sw20.

the automatic has a torque converter, the converter takes the brunt of the launch, clutches are for shifts. Ive driven both in nyc traffic, holding a clutch is more annoying even on a civic, and constantly slipping it in traffic is worse for it than an auto.

yeah i can pop it in neutral in like literally 1/10 of a second in manual but in automatic you have to be standing perfectly still foot on brake bla bla bla. this goes with everything. so fucking annoying it thinks youre an idiot everytime. like if its in d and you let go of the brake it doesnt roll forward it stands in place???? everything feels counterintuitive. i tried liking automatic but i just couldnt

This. I'm a manualfag until I die, but DCT and modern autos blow manuals out of the fucking water in shift speeds and there more precise than you can ever be... Hence why most high level race cars use DCT instead of conventional manuals

>stance cars lower with automatic
>lower
>automatic

so what about manuals then lol they can't be "stanced lower'?

>I totally know how your car drive

It takes about 0.1 seconds to change a gear.
The only time it will not let you change gear is when the revs would go past the redline.
Not even a modern manual would allow shit like that.

yea but lets be honest here nobody here is a racing driver and the day you get btfo just because someone had an auto trans means you need to be more tagumi.

We're talking performance figures, not money

>You have no objective argument
>B-but I have subjective ones!

True, just saying tho.. can't fuck with DCTs lol

Im gonna row gears all day

I'd probably agree with that, I wouldnt do anything else than cruise with a stock auto, would want a rebuilt high performance replacement..same goes for manual, only so much a stock clutch can take.

>press brake
>car stops
>pop it in N
vs
>press brake
>car slows down
>press clutch
>pop it in N
>car stops

I can see how auto is complicated.

>performance has nothing to do with money

Might as well compare it to an AMG trim Merc if you don't wanna talk money

depends on where you live i guess, forgot they have potholes in the hood

You clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. I'm assuming you've never driven anything beyond the 90's. My car's sportshift mode shifts the instant I tell it to - and faster than any manual obsessed sperglord is capable of.

when you put it in neutral the car doesnt stop, it keeps rolling. its a thing you want to a lot in stop and go traffic. if youre on an automatic youre literally riding the brakes. it feels retarded.

some manual cars have shift linkages that catch on the ground.

>clutch is a doctors degree in american universities

Not a burger, try harder.

>I have to avoid looking like a completely retarded autotragic GM fanboi who coal rolls trucks and fucks their cousins
>I know, I'll pretend not to be american on an anonymous asian zip tie stitching board