What will GMs third engine be for their Z28 and ZR1?

>What will GMs third engine be for their Z28 and ZR1?

1) DOHC V8 based in current 6.2L OHV
2) 7.0L direct injected "LT7"
3) Tuned up "LT2" like pic related
4) Some hybrid/turbo faggotry
5) Something totally new

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/gm-document-hints-2018-chevrolet-corvette-will-get-dohc-6-2l-lt5-v-8/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If the pattern holds with the 00's, they're already due an LS1>LS2/3 (350>400-420HP) type of refresh with the LT1 in addition to a third engine option like the LS7.

Garbage, like usual

>Black roof on Z28 and SS models reinforced performance and enhanced the sleek body lines.
>black roof
>reinforced performance
>a roof reinforcing performance

GM WILL NEVER RECOVER BTFO

Adding DOHC wouldn't make the engine fit in a Corvette, so no way they're doing that. They're eventually gonna have a hybrid system for their Zora halo car, so I'm guessing this won't have it. My guess is it'll be a tuned/higher displacement LT4.

whatever it is, it will get BTFO by the 800+hp Shelby GT500 with its EcoBoosted Voodoo engine and the Ford GT's 700+hp 3.5l EcoBoost V6

rotflmao

this

>implying you dont want an ls in your shitbox like everybody else
fwd owner detected

lol

A roof adds significant rigidity to a car. Ever wonder why convertibles are heavier and slower than their hardtop equivalents? It's all the bracing that weighs a shit ton and still can't make up for the loss.

>1) DOHC V8 based in current 6.2L OHV
motortrend.com/news/gm-document-hints-2018-chevrolet-corvette-will-get-dohc-6-2l-lt5-v-8/

This.

>Adding DOHC wouldn't make the engine fit in a Corvette
Explain the LT5 C4 ZR1 then.

C7 Zr1 is going to be a direct injected, 5th gen LT-based, 6.2L DOHC V8.

>GT500
Designed to compete with the Camaro ZL1, which the GT500 will handily beat if it has anywhere over 700hp. Z/28 Camaro will be a GT350 competitor. Corvette is in a different segment.

>Ford GT
>700hp
More like 630.

the gt will have 700+ hp

Ford actually quotes the GT to have 600+.

exactly. 700 hp is over 600.

Why would Ford market it as 600+ then? Why not post 700+ then?

to surprise people with the capabilities of Ecoboost

>making it black helps performance

What are you talking about? Even FWD owners can enjoy the LS V8

I know that, chassis rigidity, etc., but my point is that they word it like making it black is what enhances performance, like understood.

>More HP means more grip