I wanna do the gay thing and buy a miata, possibly selling my crappy old daily in the process

I wanna do the gay thing and buy a miata, possibly selling my crappy old daily in the process

tell me why its a bad idea pls

Get a reliable daily first and do a 350 swap on a turd gen. You'll be happier, and the swap is one you can pull off in a fucking parking lot.

How big are you (tall/fat)?
Do you need a big trunk?
Do you sometimes need more than 2 seats?
Do you like being fast?
Do you understand that they are not as cheap to maintain as japanese econobox?

little guy, lean/athletic build 5'6 manlet
sometimes, I carry music gear with me to practice
when driving friends, but otherwise nah
yeah, I know the miata is slow :(
I thought they were pretty cheap...

my dude I am new to Veeky Forums what is a 350 swap

The Miata is a great car but I would make the argument it's more of a hobby car than a daily driver...at least in the context of today's lazy/instant gratification/consumer-centric world.

It's manual so it's not fun for stop and go traffic. It's small so you can't fit more than one person. The trunk is small. The cheapest/most fun are arguably going to be collector cars in the future so you would have to take good care of it and keep the miles low. Etc. it's an absolute blast to drive and I'm glad I bought mine but I also have the luxury of a SUV for long ass road trips or inclement weather

Thats the vibe I get too, Ive just wanted one ever since I was a kid. Im still in Uni so might not be the best idea to own and maintain two cars, but a couple of guys I know do that and Im jealous

Small block Chevy.

One of the simplest, easiest to understand push rod engines out there. A total retard can wrap their head around it with a weekend of research, they can be had absolutely dirt fucking cheap, and built to 350-400 HP with a budget of around $1500-$2000 depending on how much of the work you have to pass on to someone else.

Turd gen has a smaller displacement SBC, a 305,and the 350 bolts right up with zero modification.

fuck off with your stupid memes kid

Since when is the 350 swap a meme

I'm 90% of the posts mentioning it

dumb chebby babby

You will need a different car when you want to carry your gear or your friends.
And contrary to popular belief is not as cheap as owning a civic or some toyota econobox.
I would not recomend it as your only car.

The 350 a shit, the ford 302 is lighter and more compact

Kindly fuck off GM shill

It's a death trap if you try to dagumi

my lurvely trips
check'd and also sounds interesting, never done much on a car in the way of mechanical stuff before, I did paint my current one so im keen to learn how to do it. Simpler the better
Yeah, I have a decent amount of cash already, there are some popping up that I could theoretically buy now and keep my current car. After that its just paying for registration and all. Not as cheap as in parts are expensive? Or not particularly good on petrol?

>telling someone to do a swap that requires literally no modifications makes you a shill
>telling someone with so little knowledge of cars that they don't even know what an SBC is to throw an off-brand engine in a car

I always figured the people crying SHILL SHILL SHILL were retards. Guess now I know.

NA Miatas are a meme. Don't pay the high prices Cucklist faggots ask for them, don't perpetuate the Miata meme.

NC Miatas are currently the best deal if you want something that hasn't been beat on and is reasonably priced. Old boomers drove them and maintained them well. Poorfag ricers can't afford them.

>manlet

MX5 is the perfect car for you then senpai

Rocker panel rust

buying a miata is fine if you're a raging homosexual or a manutragic endorsing nu-male

>tell me why its a bad idea pls
Miatas make for shit daily drivers. Very little storage space and the ragtop sucks in heavy rain.

Keep your crappy old daily and save up for a Miata. Then you can be gay on the weekends or whenever you want to go out while having a regular car for more regular duties.

MIATA
IS
ALWAYS
THE
ANSWER

sugoi desu yo ne
that is a good point desu, summer is p much here so i reckon ill save during the year and buy one for next summer
love this guy
im retarded, what is NA and NC

for what its worth, i live in NZ

There is something not right with this picture but I can't put my finger on what it is.

>what is NA and NC
NA is pop-up lights, NC is the newer one but not the newest.

Dunno about the weather in Kiwi, but it's probably more suitable for convertibles than it is up here. Wear a hat when you drive with the top down or you'll get raped by the sun.

yeah a hat or a 5mm thick layer of suncream because the sun is barbaric

unfortunately i can probably only afford the NA ones as theyre older and cheaper here, found a real nice one for 5000 NZD, the only NC ones ive seen are on sale for 7000 but they aint selling desu

Do the right thing and buy one

Buy it so you can post dank memes with us in the miata general

Ginguim is why it's bad

desu

Gonna shill my Boxster as an alternative

Ignore the headlight falling apart desu

NA/NB/NC from left to right. ND is the angry one not pictured.

>possibly selling my crappy old daily
>for another crappy old daily
lad... no

I mean a well-maintained Miata is reliable but at their age now, the NAs have shit breaking all the time. Well, at least in hot, humid climates. I dunno, maybe colder areas they're OK so long as you aren't on salted roads or something. If you get a Miata, get an NB or newer. Like 2001 and up.