[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

WR250 is best shitbike and DRZ a megashit edition.

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CjebEnWlG2M
youtu.be/rRmCeDU12Cc
youtu.be/HtpG0hgRpQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=zm_lV24qRg0
youtube.com/watch?v=thXRbMOD8V4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anybody here in Idaho? Know any good roads?

Go south on I-84, then East on I-80. That's about it.

why does the wr250r even exist?
it looks disgusting.

I really want to do a Eurotour on my 125.

Is it a bad idea?

Yes. especially considering you can legally ride a larger bike in half the countries you will visit.

>low maintenance, capable, on and offroad bike that you can take pretty much anywhere.

Gee i wonder.

>looks
>hurr durr opinions

Not really
Just being belts if It's a scoot

>125cc
>tour
Might take a while

>why does the wr250r even exist?
It exists because you cant take a WR250F on road for any significant amount of time without needing a full engine overhaul.

A WR250R goes 26,000 miles before even needing to crack the valve cover.

>capable off road
No lol.
compared to what are they capable?
an ag bike?

the wr250r also weighs 130kg, that is simply too heavy.

So they are for poor people who cant afford the engine maintenance on a real bike, you could have just said that user.

>compared to what are they capable?
A bike that doesn't have over 10" of travel front and rear, weighs more than 250lbs, and doesn't have knobbies.

>the wr250r also weighs 130kg, that is simply too heavy.
Simply too heavy for what? Racing? It's not a race bike.

Show me a competent on/off road bike that weighs less than 300lbs then. I dare you.

>looks disgusting
Is this some kind of a joke I'm missing because to me, 9/10 dirt bikes all look exactly the same aside from colors.

They're for people who want a capable on and off road bike that they don't have to tear down every two weekends when they actually ride them. That they can also take out of town for a significant amount of miles then hit some trails without having to truck it around.

They're also for people that want to do adventure riding and actually hit some decent off road trails without haaving to worry about their racebike blowing up.

>can't afford
maintaining a two stroke offroad bike isn't even expensive. it's just annoyingly time consuming if you plan on putting miles on the bike. Some people perfer to ride rather than sit in their garage like a dirty mexican.

Off road in general.
even 5kg of weight makes a big difference toward a bikes performance off road.
a 130kg bike is going to be a fat bush pig.

and it is called the beta480rr, though you would have to be a tarded motard bro to ride one on the road instead of exclusively off road.

He's trying to troll and doing a poor job.

He's trying to compare a 3000 mile oil change dual sport to a 10 hour oil change racing 250 dirt bike.

He's a moron.

So yamaha can keep forcing people to buy new faulty fuel pumps

Even an ag bike seems like a better investment, be just as capable if not more off road and more reliable for riding on the road.

Check mate motard bros

>even 5kg of weight makes a big difference toward a bikes performance off road.
People don't buy WRR's for tippy top performance off road retard. They're not race bikes, that's a given.
They buy them because they're capable off road and they can actually be ridden on road for substantial amounts of miles without them falling apart.

>and it is called the beta480rr
>10 hour oil changes
>competent on road

You're an idiot.

>be just as capable if not more off road and more reliable for riding on the road.

Further proof of this guys retardation.

Not really. If you want to travel and don't mind doing it slowly then it's fine.

>ancient short travel suspension
>not capable of highway speeds
It's a shit on and offraod bike compared to the WRR. Try again.

Reminder, Nuda is the only acceptable adventure bike.

stop taking that tards bait. he's a nobike.

>beta 480rr
>10 hour oil changes
No you are an idiot.
MX bikes need an oil change every 10 hours because they all hold less than a litre of oil, a beta480rr has more than double the oil capacity of pretty much any MX bike.

In any case why don't you just buy a road bike if you want something capable on road and dog shit off road?

False.

>the everything that isn't a 100% off road machine is just as shit as a sport bike off road line
Never gets old.

dirtbikers are truly the most autistic riders. As If wr wasn't proof enough.

Adventure bikes are a meme. The adventure is in the rider, not the bike.

Probably from all the brain damage

really makes u think

>honda riders

Sorry, every 30 hours. Which is still unacceptable on the road. And the bikes need a complete teardown every 90 hours to inspect cylinder and gearbox. Absolute garbage for the road.
Also, WRR only has 1.4 liters of oil and it only needs an oil change every 3000 miles. You're retarded.

>In any case why don't you just buy a road bike
Because you can't take them off road.

>you want something capable on road and dog shit off road?
I don't. I want something capable on and offroad. Which the WRR is.

Over 10 inches of suspension front and rear, plenty of clearance, knobbies on laced excel wheels, good gear spread, bulletproof motor, 6 speeds, sub 300lbs weight, etc.

Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Betas are trash on road putting on miles. WRR's are great on road and capable offroad. one of the best dual sports you can buy for on and offroad travel.

Try again.

>The adventure is in the rider, not the bike.
so what do we need the bike for then

has wr user even posted in the past 2 weeks

>honda women

To do wheelies.

his autism took over and he drove a truck into a christmas market. After that didn't hear anything

>the wr250r also weighs 130kg, that is simply too heavy.
The XR650R weighs the same and it's one of the greatest dirtbikes of all time. Checkmate athiest.

Nope, garbage for gumbies.
Shit off road, the only people who would say they are good are people who can't ride for shit.
and on road they would be just as bad, there is no such thing as a compromise where you get the best of both worlds user.

Reality is you should be less poor, buy a wr250f and a road bike.

>compromise
>best of both worlds
Dear Christ... how retarded are you?

Still want one though, look comfy af and good for 'splorin.

>Nope, garbage for gumbies.
Sorry, i don't speak your mud language.

>Shit off road
People using these for all sorts of overlanding and offroad adventure riding for almost a decade says you're wrong.

>only people who would say they are good are people who can't ride for shit.
Garbage internet opinion discarded.

>on road they would be just as bad
Garbage internet opinion discarded.
You've clearly never ridden one. Any opinion you have about how "good" they are is meaningless.

>there is no such thing as a compromise where you get the best of both worlds user.
Not only do you not know anything about the bike but you literally do not know what "compromise" means.

LMAO. you're a complete retard.

Everything on that bike looks like it will break with the slightest contact with anything harder than a thornbush or loose sand.

Here's a real review of these bikes by people who actually ride. Not bullshit opinions of some nobike knob spouting his mouth on a chinese illustration advocacy website.

youtu.be/CjebEnWlG2M
youtu.be/rRmCeDU12Cc

>people who actually ride
>clearly cgi

lmao look at that fatty wobbling around

who /dontstopforcops/ here?
i lost a bikepig today. slight chance he got the plate. bike and gear is at a friends house rn.

Both the WR250R and WR450F are inferior to the DR-Z400S as a dual sport.

I'm rebuilding my SR250, its down to the frame and I'm debating powdercoating or painting.

what do

pretty much this

>26,000 mile valves
>fuel injection
>lighter weight
>70mpg

post invalidated.

AYYYYY SR250 bros for lyfe bro!

Almost happened again, lads.

I need to go back and rewatch TOTW2.

Not to mention the DRZ has garbage suspension compared to the WRs and is garbage on the highway.

powdercoating is required to get the paint to stick. powdercoating is part of painting. powdercoating itself is not what colors the frame.

Everything you said is wrong.

youtu.be/HtpG0hgRpQ8

is that yours? looks good. i see your emblem broke off as well. You still have a drum brake front so is that early 80s?

>TOTW
no you just need to point your bike in the direction you want to go. it's that easy. it doesn't take a professional to tell you that.

WR shock is garbage. DR-Z suspension is really good. DR-Z does fine on the highway. DR-Z does fine on trails. WR has literally no advantage except for an extra gear ratio.

>insignificant.
DR-Z valves rarely need adjusting and it's easy as shit anyway, as well as already being infrequent.
>insignificant.
Carbs work fine.
>lighter weight
Barely
>70mph
Matched by DR-Z.

DR-Z is significantly more powerful as well.

How is it garbage on the highway?

I mean, last time I had a run in with a curb, it didn't end well.

Also got some day time shots finally, and a friend got some photos that I should have by tomorrow. Still need work on kissing that mirror.

The emblems broke off when I was thrashing it around my backyard learning to slide stop. I could superglue them on I guess but the plastic is so brittle they would just break again.

How long have you had your bike?

if you need Keith Code to tell you not to ride into a curb you might want to just take a step back and rethink the way you ride

no lol.
Powder coating is a completely different process to painting and the result is a protective layer up to 10 times stronger than any paint can hope to be.
youtube.com/watch?v=zm_lV24qRg0

Tought that you were dead m8

Why don't you try slowing down around town m8?
it's not a fucking race track.
go out into the middle of nowhere and hit the tougay or something shit.

>WR shock is garbage
Wrong.

>DR-Z suspension is really good.
LMAO definitely wrong.

>DR-Z does fine on the highway.
Very wrong. Rattle trap with compromise gearing.

>DR-Z does fine on trails.
Not as good as the WRR, literally 25-30lbs heavier.

>WR has literally no advantage except for an extra gear ratio.
And the forks, and the fuel injection, and the more balanced motor, and the lighter weight, and the wider gear spread.

>DR-Z valves rarely need adjusting and it's easy as shit anyway, as well as already being infrequent.
TWENTY SIX THOUSAND MILES.

>Carbs work fine.
Except when it's cold.
Except when there are large changes in altitude.
Except when starting.
Except when your air filter starts getting clogged and your A:F ratio starts changing.
Except when they get dirty.

>Barely
~10% lighter is not "barely" lighter. Damage control more.

>Matched by DR-Z.
You serisouly don't udnerstand the difference between mpg and mph? LMAO.

DRZ's could never get 70mpg.

>significantly more powerful as well.
Right around 10%. which puts them in the same ball park in regards to power to weight.

Post invalidated.

it has a close ratio 5 speed transmission and the engine is rattly as fuck.

k. enjoy your shitbike

are you upset a drz cut through the trail faster than you bby?

The toogay is five hours away, senpai.

are there sportbike like fairings that can be fit to a dual sport?

no wonder you've already crashed. you don't know how to choose appropriate behavior for a given situation

Nope, just too busy to shitpost anymore.

I recently got a chance to finally replace my leaky gasket. The previous owner put some silicone on the 40 year old gasket and put it back in. It actually worked until I peeled off a silicone glob when I was cleaning the engine. I had to scrape and lightly sand the whole edge to make it smooth.

I bought it a year ago when I was in a bike phase. Rode it around taught myself to ride (badly) and decided to rebuild it. It probably wasnt a good idea cause i'll inevitably drop it again but I like building stuff more than I do driving

>got told
>no ability to rebuke
>resort to babbies first troll

lel DRZfag are a joke

there's rally fairings.

You could convert a sport bike into a dual sport. That's what they did on Mad Max with an R1.

youtube.com/watch?v=thXRbMOD8V4

I would like to know about this

nah we've just realized no amount of btfoing can change your bias to your own poor purchase

post location

grom or ninja as my first bike? this is for commuting into central London, I won't touch the highways.

>he thinks I treat everything like a racetrack all the time

I mean, it's not like I use the bike as a commuter or anything and spend 95% of the time under 25mph

have you considered the suzuki godbike?

who /NotAPoliceMagnet/ here?
I went for a ride and maintained my composure and followed the law until I was on my tooj where encounters with traffic, especially cops, are uncommon.

The grom is a meme. It's a good second bike to dick around with for guys with big bikes, not a good starter bike.

Grom

Protip: Check ebay for parts that you need occasionally. Getting parts from yamaha or partzilla is getting to be expensive, IF they have it.

I once won an auction for a front wheel with the break drum assembly for about $50. I only needed the outer drum part, but I've got a spare now.

Also, the handlebars from an xt250 from the same time period will fit and are a lot easier on your wrists.

>implying you can BTFO anthing with a pigfat DRZ.

lel you fags ahve nothing to redeem your poor decision in getting a shitzuki so you stopped trying.

Keep being mad while Yamaha keeps on top of the light dual sport class with it's top of the line WRR.

I dont see how the engine is rattly at all. try riding a 2stroke, your little princess body wouldnt be able to handle it

forgot to mention that its a ninja 300 that im considering not the 125

what makes it not a good starter? i'm aware it's a meme, I just get the impression it's more fun for narrow city commutes (pic related). it's £1500 cheaper too.

Try to do a couple hundred miles on a rattle trap DRZ then go sit on a properly smooth motorcycle like the WRR. Then you'll know the difference.

>top of the line
certainly not top of the dyno

Grom is better