Are these any good? I always wanted to try a Scion product but I always thought they were just rebadges of Toyota...

Are these any good? I always wanted to try a Scion product but I always thought they were just rebadges of Toyota. I've got a 2012 rs 7.0 for $9k that I'm looking at.

I'd love to get an FRS but all the ones around here they still want close to $20k for.

Other urls found in this thread:

dezod.com/dezod-motorsports/dezod-motorsports-turbo-systems/g-77370.aspx
ptuning.com/htm/ptuning-scion-tc-turbo-kit.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=OWo6RSmDw10
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=106&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d433&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=04210#listing=162509278
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/687013574/overview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I never actually drove one but I've been in a tC.
The interior was bad. Really bad. Cheap plastic everywhere.
The sound insulation was also bad.
And both the interior and exterior styling is a disaster.

These are all personal oppinions so please do not take them as facts. I suggest you go and find one to test drive.

It's an econobox. Get a civic for 3k. 9k could get you a 330i zhp.

I don't want a civic.

which tC did you drive? The first gens are terrible but 2011-2016 second gens are so much better, it's a night and day difference.
Second gens are great buys. double wishbone IRS, an 8 speaker stereo stolen from Lexus (literally), and the bulletproof 2.5L Camry engine.

The 2.4L of first gen cars was known for problems, the biggest of which being oil consumption. The second gen 2.5's though are bulletproof.

1st gen

I can't afford a FRS and have given up on life - The Car.

Why not? TCs aren't sporty. It's a corolla in a boyracer package. So just get the corolla or get an actual sports car.

That explains it. The 2011+ second gens are such better cars

>It's a corolla in a boyracer package.
last I checked, the Corolla had a torsion beam rear axle, not an IRS.

>not sporty
>boy racer package

Ok

Yes. My wife has one. 110k zero problems. They're surprisingly zippy. The interior design is pretty shitty to be honest. The outside is personal taste. I think it's ugly as shit, but it isn't my car.

if you're really set on them, at least get a second gen
I "like" my 1st gen but really it's only cuz I can't get what I really want yet
I kinda actually hate it

I've seen a BRZ for sale for $17k at a dealer. I'd be patient, there's nothing cool at all about the tC

>I'd be patient, there's nothing cool at all about the tC
It has one of the largest aftermarkets of any modern sport compact, and has the best factory stereo of anything short of a Lexus.

OP here.

Are there turbo kits for it? Does it really have a lot of aftermarket support? I've heard it's got more in common with a Celica than it does a Corolla, is that true?

>a large aftermarket
Of shitty useless parts. Any dollar you spend modifying it could be saved for a better car.

>Are there turbo kits for it?
dezod.com/dezod-motorsports/dezod-motorsports-turbo-systems/g-77370.aspx
ptuning.com/htm/ptuning-scion-tc-turbo-kit.htm
a few...
The Dezod kit is the best though. It's actually been raced before.
youtube.com/watch?v=OWo6RSmDw10

>Pushing 300hp for cheap with full TRD parts
>Second gen looks nice
>Cheap

But it's still a FWD rebadged Corolla shitbox driven by new-money ricer gooks.

The first gens are a good little shitbox. Not worth doing any modifications to of course. 2nd gens weren't out when I worked for Toyota but I assume they aren't too much of a change from the 1st gen. Do they have the glass roof? That was the best part of the 1st.

this

second gens still have the glass roof but quality went up by a lot on the second gens in general.

Just got mine the other day. 2012 base. The release series I believe has some extra stuff for comfort.
It's a fun little econobox. The 6 speed is easy to handle. My only gripes are the seats are kinda harsh and I wish it was faster. I got mine for 10k. 46 thousand miles.

At first, I thought "lol Dezod turbo, you retarded senpai?" and decided to check it out just to mock you.

Hory shet, that's amazing bang for your buck and great performance at just 8psi.

And most Hondas until 2001 had double wishbone on all four corners.

>owns prius and tc
JUST

Prius is my dad's lol. I'm a 20 year old kid

The release series are just special editions, usually with special colors, body kits, and trd accessories. No real luxury or comfort features added.

Yeah I was just reading up on it, it's almost the equivalent to a "navigation package".
I think the base is better, the release series looks too try-hard.

The one I'm looking at is an automatic. Can't imagine it's that bad. Wish I could find a manual but they're a little out of my price point ($13k).

tC's and all Scions for that matter were all one trim level and no options. The only options are color, transmission, and which dealer installed aftermarket accessories you want.

For reference, the one I'm going to see tomorrow is this one.

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=106&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d433&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=04210#listing=162509278

I can't speak for the automatic.
I honestly think without the manual the car would feel kinda dull.

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/687013574/overview/
try looking at that one. It's a 6 speed stick.

And you're right I feel retarded now thanks for clearing that up for me.
I guess what I was saying was I don't like the body kit and the TRD accessories

I thought about it. I wonder how low I could talk them down to. $14k is a little too much for me. I really don't want to finance. Not with my bad credit.

I've got $11k in cash.

honestly, the big draw for a lot of the Release Series (RS) cars is the special paint colors because you can't get them otherwise. RS cars are all numbers and have a special plaque out of such and such produced.
example

My favorite Scion RS car is the 2006 Scion xB RS 3.0 in Envy Green. such a pretty color.

Having owned a 2015 TC for a year, I can say that it is a decent car.

pros
-large liftback
-driver oriented sound system
-roomy backseats
-manual or semiauto
-22-27 mpg
-good torque for takeoff

cons
-FWD
-2door
-looks fast, but isnt

With this logic you should never spend anything on a car since you could always be saving for better

Stop faggot. Are you trying to finance 9k?

Exactly. Modifying a shitbox is pointless. If you're going to mod you should start with a good car to begin with.

>with my bad credit
Why is it bad? Just new to credit? Do you have a credit card? Do you have a job? Are you going to college?

Why bother modding a good car when you can just spend that money on a great car?

No. I have 11k in cash. I'd like enough to keep for registration fees and some money left over to fix up the cosmetic work on my current car.

Last I checked my score was 400 or around there. I've got a credit history but I was an idiot a few years back and didn't pay a credit card off. I did eventually pay it off.

>400
Ho lee fuk m8

>22-27 mpg
>good