I'm replacing the alternator on my shitty gook car and the last bolt will not fucking budge an inch no matter the...

I'm replacing the alternator on my shitty gook car and the last bolt will not fucking budge an inch no matter the amount of force or angle I go at it.

Is there a simple/cheap solution to this or am I going to have to find a way to saw the cunt off?

Other urls found in this thread:

garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23060
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Impact driver, 80 dollars on amazon for a Makita with case, battery, and charger.
With an impact driver, the impossible is trivial. With an impact wrench, anything is possible.

nice turbo

Heat. Sometimes you can heat up a bolt (the threaded area), and touch a candle to the threads.

The wax wicks into the threads, and acts as a lubricant. If allowed to dry and expand, it can help break things free. Usually a propane torch can just barely get things hot enough for this to work.

Heat and leverage. Get a torch, and a pipe to fit over the end of your wrench. Removed many a stuck bolt like that.

Also, always be prepared for the bolt to break.

>I'm replacing the alternator on my shitty gook car
>post picture of a turbo
WTF is wrong with you.

This job might be a little out of your league kiddo.

Best leave this to the professionals

>a candle
You'll be there for days mate use a propane torch on the threads or even the bolt itself, it will loosen it a bit to the point where you can put a big ol breaker bar on it and hammer it off

you're autistic if you think the picture's anything more than something I copied off of google in 5 seconds.

Do you have the nut loose? I had one that wouldn't come out so I pounded it out by about an inch, cut it off , and pounded it out the other direction. It was a civic

Alright. I'll go try torching it a bit and see if it eases up.

>can't even google a proper picture of a alternator
lmao @ u

don't you have some chicken tendies to get to or something? fuck off

It's a bit too dark to work with the nut now. I'll start pounding on it a bit tomorrow when I don't have to reserve an arm for a light. Hate having to call in for another day but I don't hate myself enough to fuck around with tools in the dark.

Thanks for the tips Veeky Forums.

where the fuck did you hear this from
have you actually ever used your method

Ive been up til fucking 4am fixing my car to get to work the next day. Get a flashlight, a headlamp and a sack and keep trying.

What kind of meme is this?

the best kind newfriend

Others have already suggested heating it with a torch.

Another method is chemical, Rost Off (not a spelling mistake) is a decent one, soak it and let it wick in. Then try to TIGHTEN it before loosening it, just enough to crack the rust free. Sounds counter-intuitive, but a bolt is far less likely to sheer from rust lock under compression than when being turned out. Once it moves, then stop and start backing it out.

If this fails, then yeah, torch the fucker. Get her glowing and make her scream.

Heat and lube, breaker bar and or a hammer if necessary.

>It's a bit too dark to work with the nut now.
You can hang a flashlight on a cord on the hood. Tie the cord thru holes or anything protruding. If you surround the end of the flashlight with thin white paper, it will diffuse the light over a bigger area if that is what you need.

Nigga you melt the wax into the 500+ degree bolt. Google it, old-school machine shop technique.

I use this regularly at work. No, don't use the damn candle to attempt to heat it.

>you melt the wax into the 500+ degree bolt.

Or you could, you know, but a can of fucking anti seize that will last half a lifetime.

Half a lifetime? I go through a can or more a week (rust belt). What's nice about wax, is when you're pulling a nasty stud from a heat cycled manifold, the wax doesn't flare/burn like most penetrating oil will.

Wax is not the alpha/omega, but it IS one solution.

garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23060

Hammer, drill it out, some of that chemical shit people who don't have hammers or drills use, etc.