Chinese Cars coming to the USA

>Chinese-state-owned automaker GAC claims to be on the precipice of entering the US market. GAC revealed three new vehicles under its Trumpchi brand this week at the Detroit Auto Show, all of which hit upon current US trends.

>Chinese automaker GAC came to Detroit to show us it's almost ready to sell Trumpchi cars in the US
archive.fo/LnhfT

>China’s GAC could sell SUV in U.S. for small-car price by 2019
archive.fo/ZYxpB

>30 Percent Off! Is that Enough to Get You to Buy a Chinese SUV?
archive.fo/OcxdC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aTxbbvCf3zY
safetyresearch.net/blog/articles/toyota-unintended-acceleration-and-big-bowl-“spaghetti”-code
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

neat

Corrupt chink government forces foreign manufactures to partner with local chink companies to sell cars in China.

But they can freely export their shit to other countries without dealing with the same bullshit they put on foreign companies.

I am pro free market but there should be a reciprocity policy for countries like a china and the unfair shit they do.

Fuck China.

Ausfag here so we get great wall stuff and its horrid the worst cars on the road

Looks like a Forester

ayy lmao:
youtube.com/watch?v=aTxbbvCf3zY

>Trumpchi

+ a 35% import tariff

Man... it would be a real shame if an axe were to visit the hood of every one of those in a parking lot. Not suggesting you should do anything user, but it would be a damn shame.

M A G A
A
G
A

>Chinese Cars coming to the USA

As seen in the picture, Chinese Cars can be just as good in looks as the more expensive cars.

On top of that, the chinese government requires the chinese partner own the majority share. Thus they have control.

China already charges a 25% tariff on any USA cars imported into China. That is in addition to customs duties, transport handling fees/taxes, and the port fee too.

>Buying chink cars

Nah.

>Trumpchi

>in looks
that's not what most people have issues with

That's a joke right?

Chinese just straight copy EVERYTHING. Auto makers tried sueing Chinese car makers and got nowhere cause Chinese government will always side with the home team.

It's hilarious how a few years ago you heard about all the manufacturers salivating about getting into the Chinese market. Where are they now? No significant market in China and shitting their pants because Chinese manufacturers are about to go global with their cars.

Yep, the shift is now to India, but it's pointless because the average take home is a joke compared to even China, they just look to try and exploit something because it had a higher population and it backfires

If they can offer high quality at low price, they have the potential to make a big splash in the auto market.

The problem is, if they're like most other things that come out of China, they're going to cut corners at literally every step of the way.
That shit's not gonna fly with the NTSB. Toyota found itself in a world of hurt after shitty ECU code caused unexpected acceleration, and that had very few fatalities.
If they have shit like wheels exploding, brakes failing, etc, they're going to get fucked into oblivion. Not to mention the consumer fallout if their cars are generally unreliable.

There are some companies in China that can pull of quality products, however, so we will wait and see. Competition is good for the consumer, just like how the Japs btfo American car manufacturers in the 80s-90s.

>Be me
>Be poor single mother just trying to raise her kids and get by
>Only car I can afford is cheap Chinese Trumpchi mobile
>Need this car to get to work, otherwise chilluns be starving
>Some racist Veeky Forums autismo twerp vandalizes my car
>Can't get to work, get fired, children starve
>mfw

>Be you
>Be poor single mother just trying to raise her kids and get by
>Only car I can afford is cheap Chinese Trumpchi mobile
>Need this car to get to work, otherwise chilluns be starving
>Car crashes because the chink manufacturer cut a corner during assembly.
>Chilluns die a fiery death and you have to live with the guilt
>mfw

Chinks tried to sell cars in Mexico once. Not even poorfags trusted them and FAW withdrew in less than a year lmao.

You all realize that all "American" cars are 90% chinese parts that get assembled here and in mexico right? Toyota uses more American made parts and asembles more cars here than Ford at this point.

Im sure these cars would be just as reliable as any Ford, Chevy, FCA getting put out now.

Nice try Mr. Wang.

>Trumpchi

>If they have shit like wheels exploding, brakes failing, etc, they're going to get fucked into oblivion.

Lawsuits don't work well because they would have to be done against the american arm of the company. China's government divides lawsuits up like that to protect major companies in the past. You'll find out that the factory gear is all owned by the chinese arm and is leased to the american arm that you are suing. Thus you are suing an empty shell more or less with only the legal minimum value of inflated holdings necessary under the law. And I bet those holdings will all be waste dumps and dross material in china. You'll have to pay to ship that trash overseas too. There are many tricks that can be done when china's gov't is involved to block or delay lawsuits forever. As powerful as it is, Disney was unable to enforce its copyrights on various movies for example.

>Chilluns die a fiery death and you have to live with the guilt

The chinese company would feel no guilt.
If you post publicly to make the company look bad, they will sue you for defamation of character. And they might even win too, thus forcing you to pay them money.

>GAC revealed three new vehicles under its Trumpchi brand this week at the Detroit Auto Show, all of which hit upon current US trends.

TRUMPchi seems like an ill-fated brand name with all the liberal car buyers.

Picture is of 2016 Trumpchi GA8 Luxury Sedan $45200 MSRP at the time I obtained that picture from some online asian car news source back in July 2016. Be interesting if the chinese inflated or deflated the price since then.

>Chinese just straight copy EVERYTHING.

But it saves a lot of R&D money to re-use existing designs that are proven to be strong and meet NTSB requirements. Saving money for consumers is the most important thing. Most consumers won't actually care and will buy the lower-priced equivalent. That is a proven reality in the past 20 years of mass chinese product copying.

>Be you
>Civic for 3k
>

Don't believe me? Look into it. I work at a coating company that does business with all automakers. Half the parts we get come from local stampers and the other half get shipped in directly from china. A portion of our finished parts get sent south of the border for assembly of your "American" cars.

I cant tell you how many trashcans worth of chinese newspapers we throw away in a week that they pack crates with.

In other words, the "american parts" are diluted with chinese copycat parts. That can explain why some usa cars run well while others are constant lemons.

>Toyota found itself in a world of hurt after shitty ECU code caused unexpected acceleration
no it was retarded old people blaming technology for their inability to operate their own bodies. I sell computers. It happens all the time. You should see how many perfectly good computers and other electronics my employer has to RTV because people are too fucking stupid to operate them properly.

>man comes to my store
>buys $150 quadcopter
>a day later returns it
>says it doesn't fly and he can't figure it out
>get Pajeet his money back
>look at the quad
>the stupid fuck just put the props on the wrong sides
>if he'd simply read the manual or even looked at the really obvious R and L molded into the props he would be enjoying smacking this thing into trees right now
>nah, this shit don't work and we're lazy americans let's return it

it's like this at every level. In fact, the more people spend, the less they care about actually understanding how the device they bought actually works, it should just "do everything" because we've been taught in this country that you can only solve problems by throwing money at them, and by god if your $800 cell phone doesn't do everything and suck your dick it is going back to the shop and if they don't take it back WE'LL SUE THE PISS OUTTA 'EM.

In other words "American" cars are already chinese cars. I guarantee 90% of of the steel that get stamped over here is from Chinese foundrys and done by some poor blue collar guy who stands at a press all day for $10/hour.

The push for mpg and efficiency has caused auto makers to shave as much steel off parts as possible. This translates to thinner, weaker parts.

I've worked at a few factories over the years and can tell you from seeing the parts they use, the people they hire, and the business practices they employ, I will never buy anything the big 3 make.

>be large Chinese shitbox
>get exported to America

>purchased by large dark-skinned welfare recipient

>fortunately I was manufactured so that the plasticisers in my interior paneling and NVH foam will leak out as formaldehyde gas and other poisonous compounds.

>I am a cheap chinese piece of shit, after all.

>my brothers and sisters all slowly kill our drivers anbd make their passengers and children mentally disabled, because we were built in a country that has never heard of consumer protection, quality control, or "the environment".

>get sent to the crusher with only one owner because no one in their right mind would ever buy a used Chinese car

such is the life of a Chinese shitbox in America

> trumpchi
> trump

This is fake eh?

I have a Dart. It was built in the US from German and Italian-manufactured parts. Maybe some of the later models have Chinese aluminum suspension components or were built in Mexico, but not mine.

>Trumpchi
Has meme magic gone too far?

China floods the global market with cheap below-cost steel to keep its foundries running
It wouldn't surprise me if China decided to dump ultra low cost vehicles as a form of economic warfare if Trump introduced a tariff.

>thinking they will have a strong customer base
>in trump's america
lyl

>all those chinese names defending the car
haha that's funny

these will be the new kias and hyundais. And you bet theres always going to be a certain demographic thinking theyre the shit because they have a new car.

wait the car is actually called TRUMPchi?

>the car is actually called TRUMPchi?
Correct. That is the official model name of the luxury series car for that make. It is not a nickname.

While you're generally correct about how retards interact with technology, there actually was a serious problem with the ECU, and how it was programmed.

>safetyresearch.net/blog/articles/toyota-unintended-acceleration-and-big-bowl-“spaghetti”-code

>The push for mpg and efficiency has caused auto makers to shave as much steel off parts as possible. This translates to thinner, weaker parts.

I believe it. I bought a new car, then one day, I was standing by the driver side front fender and opened up a newspaper on that side of the hood to read it. Just my slight leaning pressure from my left forearm has bent the hood edge slightly down so that it is no longer level with the top edge of the driver's side fender. So annoying. I was unable to flex the section back up because of welded beam underneath the surface of the hood. That beam must have deformed too. The metal is just too thin.

>Chinese-state-owned automaker GAC claims to be on the precipice of entering the US market.

The weakest company is FCA, so it should be scared. The chinese way of buying up a company to obtain dealership lots and location is to kill off a brand name with counterfeit low-priced goods and then buy the IP and property for pennies on the dollar.

>buying Chinese made cars

lel no

They don't need to sell to you. They only need to sell enough cars to weaken the weakest of already existing usa car dealer chains to force them into bankruptcy. The purpose is to get the most valuable asset - the established dealer network and their franchised real estate locations and service shop centers. By forcing the weakest dealership chain into unsustainable cost overruns, they can buy up the assets for pennies on the dollar.

It's an unfair tactic, but it works because the chinese company is kept alive by sales in china while it sells cars at cost in the usa over the term of several years. Selling at cost will not trigger the usa predatory selling law which regulates selling _below_ cost. Of course, the investors in the killed-off company as well as the pension holders and debt holders and stake holders are the ones ripped off. Numerous related contractors may also go out of business thus allowing the chinese company to buy up their patent or other IP at low cost.

>Aluminum suspension components
Ontario, FCA has a large foundry that does high pressure aluminum casting - creating aluminum suspension components for every vehicle in the lineup except for the viper and fiat 500

>in looks
They look like Chinese knock-offs, which makes sense. Also,

>hit lamp post reversing out of driveway
>car crushes like a coke can
>fuel tank leaks
>car sets on fire
>explodes and kills everyone in 200 foot radius
>women in the town are advised against having children because of the lead in the paint being burnt
>all farmers in the county have to destroy their crops and livestock then sell their land because of the plastic fumes and lead fumes

Saw them at the NAIAS yesterday. I just laughed and kept walking.

The Chinese are absolutely terrible at choosing Western names. They like to chose western names, but only consult other Chinese people.
I know of a guy with a name like Albert or Alphonse, a girl who's name is Ice, and she has called her youngest son Anson

>The Chinese are absolutely terrible at choosing Western names.
They like copying and they lying about it. They do it with copyrights and patents. Various european and american restaurant chains have found duplicate "franchised" look-alikes in china but of course those chinese copies never paid any license fees for using the reputation of the official restaurants. If anything, they tarnished the reputation.

As with cars that are look alikes and sold elsewhere in the world. They even duplicate the printed packaging of usa brands of baby food. But some knock offs were contaminated and caused problems for the actual usa brand company that got sued. The usa company was forced into the situation of trying to prove its tainted product had not been imported.

>buying Chinese made cars
If the price is right, then it will be worth doing. And they have to start off with warranties after all.

Trumpchi's flagship luxury car doesn't seem to look all that great inside. And a lot of the interior parts look suspiciously like they're a "best ideas collection" from other cars I've seen before. Like the shape of door handles.

Yeah people were also saying he same about Japanese and Korean cars

>I am pro free market but there should be a reciprocity policy for countries like a china and the unfair shit they do.
If you are too effective at speaking out, some local chinese support society will accuse you of racism (probably under chinese gov't influence). That happened to one engineer who published a complaint about adulterated chinese metals. The racism complaints forced him to shut up for fear of his career.

You can't be too effective in complaining about China or things happen to you.

There will be plenty that buy them. Just like with Harbor Freight products which do break or wear out sooner, they are all "good enough" when the price is right.

That picture looks like a Toyota Highlander.

Will this one come too? As claimed by chinese, superior performance to the BMW at a much lower price.