Should I buy a BRZ now...

Should I buy a BRZ now, or do you think there will be a better engine option or better new car for the price within 5 years?

>or do you think there will be a better engine option or better new car for the price within 5 years?
No

Buy a used one with a turbo/blower kit already on it as they have fuck all power stock

Guessing they will come out with an update soon. Not a 5HP and red intake update, but a real one.

No. There are way better cars out there for 25-30k.

Such as?

vette
skyline
tonnes take your pick silly seppo

Mustang gt or even the egoboost

>Used cars

Completely different purpose and design

Even a turbo4 or v6 pony car will thrash the brz

>buying a new car that depreciates 50% in a couple of years
yeees good wagecuck dont forget to take out that loan!

>2013 BRZs are barely even reaching below 2/3 of MSRP

What you save you'll spend on maintenance anyways. Plus you have a used car with farts, skeet, and sweat. You don't know how often they raced it, abused it, even with full history.

>What you save you'll spend on maintenance anyways.
Bullshit

i'm actually going to finance a brand new toyota 86 for about $380 a month. Should I? or should I get a used 2013 fr-sl with 16k on the odo for $19000?

>pic related, what i'm about to pull the trigger on except with a spoiler.

I wouldn't buy one new. They're working on a second generation, which will probably be on market in three years or so. The Toyobarus are keeping a good deal of value, so unless you need it to be new for some reason, look for a used one. I bought my FRS used for $20k CAD, and it's been great.

>Spoiler
No. Jesus, get the used one.

Wait for the new Civic Si.
>inb4 FWD

get used

stay away from the auto

>buy car with sik mawds
>proceed to have to unengineer some retards decisions and handy work
everytime

New civic si is sporting the 1.5L engine from the base car. It will once again be irrelevant for another generation.

no just get something with basic boltons from someone who knows what they are doing

they are a entry level car so plenty of people will offload them when they get over them

The new 86 looks terrible.. I don't know wtf they were thinking with that front end

Can't you fuck off with this shit for one day. Some people want a new car, get over it. They're the ones that allow you to jerk yourself off about being so much smarter than them. It's tiring having to see this every time someone posts about wanting to buy a new car.

neither of them are auto.

they both have spoilers. the used one has a lip spoiler while the new one has a small wing.

I agree it looks terrible in pictures with the new front fascia but in real life, its boner inducing.

>want a new car
want being the operative word since they dont need it do they

spoilers looks so gay

t. poorfag

>uh guys i have to take out a loan because my shit job wont pay for it
>hahahah fucking jelly poorfags

>what is credit building

not all spoilers are fuckhuge ricer wings boyo. but we are all entitled to our own opinions.

>what is working a shitty job and having to rely on jew bankers
kek

neet here you loancucks are funny
yeah nah yeah nah ai

>need
You could say that about so many things you buy and use in your life.People buy shit they don't need because it is a luxury they can afford. Unless you're a poorfag which you probably are.

gud luck with life m8

common buying something that devalues as quick as a new car is stupid especially these days.

used cars just make more sense.

you lose 20% just driving it off the showroom floor
u2

It does look awful.

As I said before it's a luxury people can afford and do choose. People like to own new shit that nobody else has used before and they're fine with paying a premium for it. Obviously financially it doesn't make sense but that's not the point.

>people who have yet to actually see the car.

>Should I buy a BRZ now
Yes
> do you think there will be a better engine option or better new car for the price within 5 years?
No

>i'm actually going to finance a brand new toyota 86 for about $380 a month
I'm assuming that's $380 a month for the next 5 years. I know you don't want to hear this OP, but I would seriously look for a used one. It honestly doesn't sound like you can afford it. I personally would drop 10K cash down on the car to get the payments down. A monthly payment of $380 is fine, but doing that for 5 years would not be fun.

I've bought so many lemons from Craigslist that im ready to just bite the bullet and get something new that i know will last me at least 10 years that will at least be a little fun. Im all ears for better suggestions but keep in mind i want fun with reliability.

>I've also been looking at the 2017 impreza 5 door which sells for about 19k new.

Would this be a better option? Or should i get the rough around the edges fr-s for 20k with 15k on the odometer?

better engine options are available now

That could be the fist time someone has managed to put a wide body kit on without it looking totally shit. That's only partly shit with the exposed lower half of the tyre.

I don't know how you feel about Hyundai, but you can get a 2013 Genesis 3.8 coupe track for around 19k and they are fully loaded. 333hp along with 18/28 mpg. You can even get a 4 door option if you'd like.

348hp

Or he could be a brand new rspec at the same price as that shit box brz and get more power, more room and more warrenty.

Inb4 some fag mentions handling.

Lets not pretend this guy isnt going to be doing 99% highway driving

He could go that route too. I personally think the BRZ is too much money for what's it worth.

>Buy someone else's project
Cuckadoodledoo.

Not for another 4 years at least brah.

Poorfag defected

Buy a BRZ instead

Have you seen the prices of used WRXs?

I've seen it in person. Zenki 86 still looks much better desu

Korean mustang? Pass. Why not just buy a v6 Camaro?

Fiesta/Focus ST

Transmission shits it's self (yes the manual not just the auto) and the turbo prefers its internals as externals.

Yet everyone still seems to love them and in terms of price/performance they are nearly untouchable as far as newer cars go. Certainly nothing in the hot hatch category or even budget sports car category

>Within 5 years
You could be dead by then

>>Buy someone else's project
>Cuckadoodledoo.
>buy used car
>cuck
>buy new car
>get cucked out of all repairwork
>buying cars as parts
>get cukced out of manufacturing
the only non cuck way of buying a car is walking out into the forest and make an entire car plant from scratch to build your own honda FF shitbox

Lol there is a difference between buying a used, stock and well taken care of car and a used car with an aftermarket turbo kit.

You have a lot to learn

Show me a TSB and not some anecdotal shit posted by first time turbo manual drivers in a forum.

That's right, you can't.

>buy used BRZ with turbo
>turbo on engine not build for it

what could go wrong

Yeah, if the car is so great with a turbo then why would the owner be selling it?

Oh right, because short of dumping 10k in supporting mods into it, you're going to irreparably break something.

Toyo86 owner detected. Shoul have bought a brz or frs instead of a ninja turtle face car

The Four-Fifty-Eight-Six required a fuck ton of chopping and body work to make the engine fit. I guess it's worth it, but it's still a massive amount of work.

Good luck financing a Skyline or a Vette if you don't live in a major city.

BMW 135i

135i is pigfat for its size and awkward looking. Just get a 335i.

wait for 2018 or 2020

2017 is such an ugly number

its not supposed to be a fast car, if you want a fast car get the new type R or Focus RS
its a fun car, RWD, NA, dorifto machine, just made for the driving experience not times

I would get the Toyota GT86 tho, Toyota > Subaru and also Takumi

New 86 is ugly though...

I went to a Toyota dealership and checked out the 86. I thought it looked great. To each his own.

>buying some cheap neon colored boy racer piece of shit
lol

i could do with out the predator jaw line. Other than that its ok

i think it looks great too, if not for that bumper.

maybe it's just me but I think either smoother or even rigid (boxy like FC) lines would make for a more elegant car, anything but some weird strikey shapes that looks like some gamer gear crap. Maybe I just want a cheap porsche-like off Toyota.

335i e92

This guy here

Just bought a 2017 brz for $383/month and am VERY happy with my purchase. I see it being very good to me for many years to come.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about it.

>Ps. The spoiler on the brz is soooo much sexier compared to the one on the 86.

Would it be possible to fit the bumper from a 2017 brz onto a gt86? That way it might look better

Did you get the Performance Package atleast?

Doesnt look like its offered in Canadaland, unless you get the special yellow edition. Which is odd.
But in the States you can option one if you want. Guess its just population density at play again.

why not just buy the brz then

i got the premium edition and i dont think that package is even an option for my model.

Why did you buy a brz over a base model Camaro

That engine cost them $45k

because
>chebby

also I'm not a fan of pigfat american muscle cars with diminishing windows.

Did you test drive the Camaro though? It seems to me that you get more space and more power for less money

no, but honestly, it wouldn't have mattered since it's not what I would have wanted. Just not my style t b h

You also get less window and an added 2000 pounds.

bump

Just buy a BRZ.

Should have got PP bro.

Can you get the handling package with the 4 cylinder though?

Why bump? Go drive one