Time to get comfy lads

time to get comfy lads
>this episode May is reassembling a mini motorcycle
youtube.com/watch?v=_3R4pstLlqE

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2016/12/27/the-grand-tours-james-may-claims-hes-not-actually-friends-with-jeremy-clarkson-and-richard-hammond-6346292/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do I want to watch this now and stay up later than I expected to, or watch it tomorrow but be thinking about it the whole time?

Is this the last episode of season 2?

>first minute spent counting balls
This is some real ASMR shit.

Time to get super comfy on this rainy day

aww yiss

fuck yus

"I've put my tools into the box in the wrong order, I'll have to be killed" -James May

lol

anybody notice him putting the rear sprocket on, how one of the nuts didn't want to go on at all? He didn't try using wire brush and clean up the stud or take a rethreader and see if the nut threads are a little marred

also "that's about 60 pound feet". A ratchet that size and the perceived effort, no way was that 60 ft/lbs

That might be me being picky though. still ultra comfy

pic unrelated

>there's a second season
Time to get fucking comfy

oh fuck that ending scene

my fucking sides

I came here to post this.

Two weeks ago it was a screw driver that changed his life.

I love that there's no shitty background music
just calm and cool James May spitting some history, making small talk, and putting shit together

why is it so good?

They should go full retard and make him reassmble an entire car from scratch for the finale and livestream it

>not watching james may dottering on while rebuilding a morris mini for 1200hours

or have him reassemble things he absolutely hates, watch him grumble about bad design

>Clarkson, May, and Hammond hand make a car
>???

>This week on the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEassmbler james may rebuilds a e92 m3
OH GOD YES DO IT

Geoff

*without the help from the crew

May's Summer Car

if they lock Hammond and Clarkson in a cage for a month, May will finish it on his own just fine

so basically s14e02?

Bothered the hell out of me. I thought he was about to strip it

I'd play a mod of this
> audio clips whenever you pick up a spanner

They built a Caterham.

didn't even know that, but now I'm watching it
it'd be great to see a full build with no editing
as long as they behave as usual on camera of course

SAVED

haven't watched yet, this is making me feel not comfy.

Pretty much everything with james may in it is pure comfy to me

#1 celebrity I'd like to meet in person honestly

watched now, not that bad. still comfy.

i dont know this episode bothered me. it should have been a two-parter or something, they kept glossing over stuff he's doing to fit the time limit (exhaust and carb are magically on) and he didn't really do anything in depth except the drum brake.
it was really just him bolting (or screwing) stuff to the frame.

also in general they need to film his hands more

still better than grand tour regardless

that game is a James May simulator

>Next
>Timeshift: The Joy of Train Sets

>it was really just him bolting (or screwing) stuff to the frame
I think this also has to do with the nature of the object. A monkey bike is mostly just stuff screwed to a frame.

Also in accordance with German vocabulary I consider every cylindrical object with a thread a 'screw'. There are no two different words for screws and bolts. If anything I'd translate 'bolt' with 'Stift', which is the German equivalent of 'pin'. But then again there's the word 'pin' for that, so really what is the purpose of the word 'bolt'?

Also in German a 'Pin' almost exclusively refers to pushpins which makes it all the more confusing.

Was it autism?

Nope. Rules of the game. I would've gotten it back out with a flick from a screwdriver.

The bike is actually pretty fucking cool, and it would fit in the back of my car which is even cooler. Wonder how much a bike that small would cost...

bout tree fiddy

Bolzen.

Bolzen sind auch nur überdimensionierte, gesicherte Stifte.

He could have reassembled the transmission for example.

>The tired old bit of bashing Americans.
>Hurr hurr Amurikun cheeze
May, you are are were born mere months apart. Stop being such a prat.
Love ya.

>7:30
>He doesn't have a spring puller
>He doesn't understand the shim trick
>Always band aids

We yanks have discovered gloves, and try the shim trick ya doofus.

>mfw it has such a small engine, it would be legal on the roads here, without licence
>prices vary from 1 to 4k yuromonies
I know what I have to do.
I wonder if they could have some genuine practical use though, but I think they might.

turbo that 49cc bitch

I'm not sure that would be legal (we're talking about yurop remember, fun is a threat to public order here) but I'm quite sure I don't care.

FUND IIIIIT

trying to do it by hand makes for better tv though

>not takegawa 138cc twin-cam desmo race motor making 25 nippon stronk horsepowers

Just go into the game files, replace all the music with Bat Out Of Hell, finnish insults with "Oh cock" and "CLARKSOOOOON!", the pnc's lines with Clarkson and Hammon banter, etc.

>pick up the phone
>"TONIGHT, ON TOP GEAR"

>peer replaced with tea
>sausages replaced with spam
>white transit van, car to build is a Caterham, muscle car replaced with a frogeye
>stress meter increases when you don't put your tools back in their place and don't put unused parts in drawers
>shopkeeper has Clarkson's face
>drunk driver is nto the Stig
>he is the Stig's finnish cousin
>extra-rare npc Mika Hakinnen might crash into your garage

was may being true when he said he hated clarkson and hammond a few weeks ago. like actually does not like them at all.

what ? when ?

metro.co.uk/2016/12/27/the-grand-tours-james-may-claims-hes-not-actually-friends-with-jeremy-clarkson-and-richard-hammond-6346292/

thanks

I'm quite surprised that he would make these opinions public, especially after quitting top gear when clarkson was "not renewed"
Doesn't fare too well with a second grand tour season either

Literally a bait article, he says this kind of shit all the time. Pretty sure he said the same kind of thing when Jeremy was fired, saying he was a twat but that's how it is.
You don't film a TV show with someone you don't actually like for 15 years. If he didn't like them, why would he willingly volunteer to join them to ATTEMPT a deal with Amazon when it was Jeremy that got Top Gear cancelled and May fired from the show?

Oh shit can we convince him to dump TGT and instead just stream driving and flight simulators

>metro
why not link buzzfeed while you're at it

>You don't film a TV show with someone you don't actually like for 15 years

If the hosts of Mythbusters can do it for 13 years, then I don't see why James May can't do for 15 years.

These make me feel so goddamn at ease, just seeing him lay the parts out puts a smile on my face.

>stress meter increases when you don't put your tools back in their place and don't put unused parts in drawers
I'll take twenty.

There are a lot of people who are very smart when it comes to concepts, but fail in some areas due to lack of experience with the mundane shit most people without 5 degrees deal with.

This is the difference between an engineer and a technician. If there are any of my fellow military brethren reading this; this is the difference between an officer and technician: They have the concepts down to plan your day, but don't understand that nagging little shit getting in your way every step of the way.

Adam Savage is a pretty cool dude. I was watching a speech he did a while ago about his experiences with cosplaying at conventions, it was great.

those snazzy sneakers though

Get a GROM

3-4k USD, pretty much a tiny bit bigger than that

>Episode X Season Y
>Reassembling a Datsun Cherry
>special guest: Mika Häkkinen
>they struggle on some part
>Häkkinen says PERKELE
>this will never ever happen
:(((((((((((((((

This is common knowledge may Clarkson and Hammond fight all the time it's what caused them to leave the bbc

>You don't film a TV show with someone you don't actually like for 15 years.
You could.
It's pretty well known at this point that the Rolling Stones at best tolerate each other and they have been at it for 50 years now.
That said though, in the case of anyone involves in TG, it's just part of the character.

todays TGT makes sense then

>when you pick up a bolt/screw an audio clip of james may arguing if it's a bolt or a screw based upon if it screws into a bolt or threads in the part and if it has a dowel on it plays

>May still maintains that he ‘liked a lot’ of what Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc did on the revamped version of BBC’s Top Gear, which was met by a great amount of negative criticism.

I think may is just rambling.

>cosplaying at conventions

I have no idea how James puts up with him.