Shaggin Wagons

Let's see your long roofs, faggots. Post em if you've got em.

Suh

natural habitat

Witness me

Hello, friends.

Hullo friend

You're a sick cunt aren't you

5 cylinder best cylinder

>not stancing your vag wag

comfy af

I hope this is an alright place to ask. I really want a 1st or 2nd gen legacy wagon with the NA 2.2 and 5 speed. Should I go for the 1st or 2nd gen and why? Anything I should know about these cars? Also are there any good lowering springs?

As a 2nd gen 2.5 owner () I'd obviously recommend the 2nd gen since they're a bit easier to find, there's more aftermarket equipment and support, and personally I think they look better (especially the 97-99 facelifted models)

A 1st gen will be a bit lighter and a bit less complicated, but it'll also be older and might be a can of worms if it's not in really good condition or has relatively low mileage when you buy it.

>Also are there any good lowering springs?

You better not do what I think you're planning to do.

If you can find one, go for a 2nd gen with the DOHC 2.5. The 2.2L has the infamous head gasket problem. Also, watch out for piston slap and valve lifter tick. Subarus like thicker oil, and are prone to show these problems if the previous owner hasn't been using the correct viscosity.

They both have the bad gaskets. I rebuilt my EJ25d after about 175,000 miles because of those cheap-ass paper gaskets

This bad ass pussy wagon with 174000 miles on it

I'd prefer to keep my oil pan intact.

I thought the 2.2 was pretty much bulletproof and good for 300k? A lot of the ones for sale near me have had the head gaskets done and have made it well over 200k miles. Are the head gaskets not a fix it once when they blow and you're good to go sort of thing?

If you replace them with aluminum gaskets this will engines will go another 200k no problem with regular maintainence and the right oil

Alright that's what I've heard before. I was still under the impression that the 2.5 was less reliable than the 2.2 though and more prone to hg failure

shaggin wagon is a term that refers to panel vans

If you live where they use road salt, you WILL see pic related.

Eh they're about the same. I think the 2.5 goes sooner, but they both go at some point before 200k

Kangaroo pls leave

Literally every subaru where I live has rear quarter panel rust.

t. Minnesotafag

Panel vans = pedo vans here. Not that you'd know the difference, you kiddie diddler.

I'll take it home up North soon enough.

My odometer stopped working at 265k who knows how many owners ago. But yours has a lot more character. Kind of wish I still had my roof rack sometimes.

Asuhh duu

Not a wagon

You fucking blind?

Not that dude that responded to you, but he is right. That car is not a wagon. Too short and too little roof and ass.

what it is then?

hatchback sedan

mmmh THAT is an hatchback sedan to me

Can I into wagon?

Looks hella dope.

Loving it

tfw silver WRX guy is slowly turning assimilating Veeky Forumsc. Better get rid of the borg before he clones himself again.

I can't choose between an mx73 Cressida and a Volvo 240.

Get a Cressida and 1JZ that shit.

Slowly assimilating*

Get a 240 and i6 volvo modular that shit.

What's the story?

D pillar says that yes-it's a fucking wagon.
EJ22 is a decent engine if you can tolerate 100whp lol.

what's the point in posting this from the front? it may as well be a coupe you nigger

All the meets he shows up at gains at least another Subaru. Somehow, it's always another blobeye WRX of some sort.

Ayyy

240 bc tank

>unaware of the two tone paint on the OBS
NO, YOU'RE THE NIGGER

>he can't see the roof rack or look through the windshield to see the rear quarter windows and d pillars

>Arizona
Basically Subaru heaven with all the dirt roads and no snow/salt. Even Flagstaff uses ash instead of salt.

Decent fuel economy and 103hp yo.

Different user but I might be going to NAU next year so that's pretty good to hear

Diesel?

Nope, 1.6l NA petrol with variable length intake ports. Z16XEP to be exact.

Cause Volvo

>thread
>dominated by vulvas and vapemobiles

Mines both
>Vapenation

Comfy/10

what do you do when the odometer goes out? so much of maintenance is based on mileage

>tfw I work at a company that deals with Euroshit cars and my boss always busts my balls for being the only person with a JDM there

>go for a 2nd gen with the DOHC 2.5. The 2.2L has the infamous head gasket problem

Wow, is it opposite of truth day already?

Get a 2.2 manual 2nd gen, as new as you can get. 2.5 DOHC is absolute shit tier, Phase 2 (SOHC) is a little better

The 2.2 was offered in the "Brighton" base trim forever, I'd look for one of those, it's all the car you'll ever need
Maintenance is key, quality oil every 3k and OEM coolant every 15-20k to be safe
the 2.2 is miles more reliable than the 2.5

thoroughly rustproof with POR15

t. owner of many EJ25 Subarus

repostan my EA82 waggin

>Not buying a superior car up to the standards of your workplace.

I hope you get fired and starve to death

>buying a car that loses $10k in value the moment it leaves the lot
>buying a car that will cost me as much to repair as its residual value
That's why you go to a track and rent a supercar.

3500 lb of 1970's

Once i fix the headgasket, it should be a fun car to drive

>not assimilating your workplace with blobeyes
You disappoint me, Borg.

You sure that's not 3500 kg's?