Mazda Defends Human Drivers, Disses Robots at the Detroit Auto Show

>thedrive.com/news/6892/mazda-defends-human-drivers-disses-robots-at-the-detroit-auto-showxid?

God bless them, everyone

>Mazda defends human drivers
>Stopped making cars worth driving 15 years ago

Shame the miata/MX5 really isn't my kind of car it's too small and has no power.

Looks fun though and their philosophy as a company is good.

A shame they're goddamn determined not to make a real enthusiast halo car.

RX8 though? Silly.

They care about drivers not Arabs with too much money.

Mazda tends to make fun cars compared to the rest of the companies out there

How can one car manufacturer be so based?

Driving Matters™

tfw

Mazda is love, Mazda is life.

>Mazda research affirms something we've long suspected, based on voluminous sales of appliances like the Corolla: some 80 percent of American buyers have little or no interest in key Mazda attributes such as styling and performance. But Mazda will be content to chase people for whom driving still matters, to paraphrase the company slogan.

KEEP GOING MAZDA

GANBATTE !

Godspeed to those valiant heroes
It just seems so strange to see these guys who aren't as financially stable as the Giants focus not on straight profitability but on something as nebulous as fun, for the love of the craft.

Supplanting apathy with enthusiasm. Not as a by-product, but as the goal. How anyone could not find that endearing is beyond me.

>It just seems so strange to see these guys who aren't as financially stable as the Giants focus not on straight profitability but on something as nebulous as fun, for the love of the craft.
Honestly the reason they aren't as financially stable probably has something to do with their pursuit of making cars that are enjoyable to drive and look nice rather than rolling entertainment systems. Your average person hates driving because to them driving is spending hours in traffic not moving.

God bless you, Mazda.

NB, NC, ND, RX-8 (inb4 muhh apecks seels!!1!), ND-RF, Mazda 3 is alright.

Fucking Mazda. Gotta love em. Even if they are essentially low-power econo boxes, they're still the sportiest econoboxes you can get.

Lets hope this becomes a reality

wtf I love mazda now

RX-9 WHEN RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAZDA GIMME ROTAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shhh, no tears
Only dreams now

Jesus christ.

>“Full autonomy is just a race to build the best and most comfortable La-Z-Boy in a car,” Davis says. “For our customers, that's not a solution.”

>In that vein, Davis makes an analogy with an industry that's "near-and-dear to [his] heart": Microbrewers, from California’s Stone to Founder's and Bell's, in Michigan. Let the masses drink their Budweiser and other beers that taste exactly the same, Davis says. Mazda buyers are more the discerning type, and there are plenty of them to make a profitable business that can be proud of its superior taste, character, and, well, kick. “If we can be the craft beer of the car business, bring it on,” he says.

How can one car manufacturer be so based?

Me on the right.

>Let the masses drink their Budweiser and other beers that taste exactly the same, Davis says
Hold me, I'm pretty much dying here, this is fucking hilarious

literally /ourguys/

>tfw no kawaii miata to corner happily.

>craft beer
Geez mazda you could do better

Craft beer is for hipster millenials, aka autonomous car hipster trash

Enthusiasts drink top shelf 30 year old whiskey... that's what mazda is

God damn it mazda I want to give you money but you won't make a fucking light 2-door FR rotary with limited slip diff.

>a real enthusiast halo car
but that's exactly what the Miata is

hipster millennials drink shit like pbr and high life, except for the snotty bitches who order shit cocktails like old fashioneds because they heard about it on a shit soap opera

Nigger I hate to burst your bubble but Mazdas are craft beer. Aston Martin or something like that is the top shelf whiskey.

Mazdas are driven by those of us that either can't afford the "absolute best" but realize that the normie shit is trash, or can afford it but would rather sink money into making a car we love even better because we've acquired the taste for it, just like some autist-tier brewfag obsessing over 'muh hops' or some shit.

Also, a lot of expensive whiskey is drunk by richfags wanting to show off how rich they are. A lot of richfag cars are only there to show off as well. Mazdas have less """"""""""""pedigree"""""""""" and """"""""""racing heritage""""""""""" but god fucking damn are they fun.

I wouldn't call a 4ft flame spitting rx7 a craft beer... it's fucking Tequila

>compares a whole line of crossovers and 14:1 shitboxes with 120hp to craft beer

>people drink craft beer because they can't afford expensive hard liquor
What?

>cr of 14:1
>shit box
What

Bottle of 40%+ whiskey is same price as a 4 pack of hipster trash beer (not sold in 6 packs because too hipster for that)
user is dumb and mazda is even dumber

Mazda is cheap strong spirits