He fell for the "manual transmissions are a meme" meme

>He fell for the "manual transmissions are a meme" meme

>He fell for the "manual transmissions aren't a meme" meme.

Mfw literally waiting on a t56 manual conversion.

Fap

>he fell for the "winter tires are a meme" meme

Is this the dumbest/worst one you can fall for?

Pretty much
I don't think there are any other regularly memed memes where if you do or don't follow the meme, you have a much higher than normal likelihood of crashing your car and/or someone gets seriously injured

I literally bought a manual and then got a manual swap in my current project thanks to Veeky Forums Jay Leno and Jeremy Clarkson manual memes.

Not disappointed in the slightest.

>Actually heel toeing with you heel and your toe.

How fucking small are his feet?

Asians are tiny. Also that cars pedal box is set up for it, the average car not so much.

why is he pushing in the gas, break and the clutch in at the same time?

Because gas gas gas?

It would likely be easy for non-Asians in manual trucks or something with a big footwell

Probably his RHD car has extra space in the footwell to permit his right heel to do this. Some LHD cars are worse than their RHD counterparts for heel-toe because the transmission tunnel gets in the way.

Rhd master race this gonna be fun to learn

>can't into downshifting

He's braking and downshifting at the same time.

>Downgrading your vehicle and being happy about it

t. paddleshifting numale

>b-but i need to text while driving

Manuals have worse resale value though

Not for sports cars.

As if any of the poorfags on this board own a sports car

You find that hard to believe?
Not everyone on here is poor.

this board is full of faggots lol

>I need to crash my car

A typical manual is a meme. You're not going to compete with a modern DCT on the track unless you switch to shift dogs and tune your ECU for no-lift shifting, and you'll never come close in convenience and comfort.

I feel like manual is the hipster beard of cars. It used to be held in high regard because it was associated with work and results, but now that we have autos that are significantly better than the slushboxes of old it's the opposite, so it's been reduced to a vanity item.

>I need my car to drive like my vidya

Or maybe you smashed your shifting hand/pulled your shoulder in the garage and want to drive without fucking it up further

>the hipster beard of cars
Maybe if you're a millennial.
I learned on a manual and never owned a car that wasn't one.

>I need to greentext while driving

>breaks foot
>buys paraplegic car with handle accelerator
makes sense

>Everyone who doesn't like what I like is a millennial!!!

Even if you're not. Do you think being young when something was in style justifies using it today?

I'd rather drive stick than a low end slushbox, but there are much better options out now. If you're not a numale, the actual results of being handsome and clean shaven in a paddle-shifting lexus trump how gentlemanly you feel/think you look with your shitty beard and manual BMW

>Do you think being young when something was in style justifies using it today?
Liking it does.
And it's laughable to be called a hipster because people now use what you always have.

>give me back my Members Only jacket!

No

>whatre you talkin bout kiddo i always used typewriters i aint no hippamajigger git yer distractin shiny beep boopin compuwhazzit away from me gat dangit

>get a job

Kek

>shouldn't you be in church right now

>Being this concerned with what people think of you

C'mon dude. Let people drive what they like.

Kek

more concerned with people screwing themselves over by choosing inferior technology because they care about what Veeky Forums thinks of them

Why do you give a fuck?
This affects you how?

>paddle shifting
LMAO

>You're not going to compete with a modern DCT on the track
Who the fuck cares?

>I was going to buy a blue car but i went with red because it would look better on a track

>So you're saying nobody here has $3,000?

>So you don't know how to greentext?

Manual sucks for daily commutes to work. Inching forward in rush-hour traffic, killing my foot and the clutch. I would prefer to take my Si out during weekend drives

Dood you only kill the clutch if you ride it and race away from every light, why are people scared of manuals/stick shift

>everyone on Veeky Forums lives in USA

Well, there's a couple of small problems. If you can afford to buy new cars and change them regularly, it maybe works like you present it. Otherwise, there's HUGE drawback in those damn gearboxes - the little, unimportant thing called "reliability". DCT is complex and failure prone hardware, unlike classic hydrotransformer based AT's or MT's. If MT is of sound design and enough spare strenght for the application, it will likely live longer than car, even if it's being kept on road for 20-25 years. Classic AT could also do that, only it requires service - DCT is too young thing, but it has already shown that it's not promising.

Also, with MT it's you who control the car - with any AT it's the TCU which does that, not you - well, you have some buttons to influence it, but the TCU still has the upper hand.

t fucking millenial

>civic owner
>retarded
Checks out

Feelsgoodman.jpg

>As if any of the poorfags on this board own a sports car
If you classify base mustangs, camaros, and challengers as sports cars, then yes.

I drive a manual, and I like using it, and that's OK.

Some people drive automatics because they're easier to use, that's OK.

Some people use paddle shifters for some reason or another, and that's OK.

What's the problem?

reddit get the fuck out

Manual transmissions in LHD cars ARE a meme though.

Why?
I drive an LHD two seater, and you couldn't pay me to fuck it up with an automatic system.

Clean your fucking headlights.

If that's what you like driving get a manual but don't act like you are doing anything special and important by having one. Anyone can learn to do it...

>tfw i pass a jeep getting stuck on a snowy hill
>tfw when i drive a midsize sedan highway treads

Most people that track autos don't know how to actually drive on a track in the first place...

t. poorfag who could only afford the "my Civic is a sports car" spec 90s Civic