Head units

Head units.
Let's see what you got.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XdnOjevfWIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm still on single din.
It has front-facing USB for my thumbdrive though.

Standard McIntosh interface. Part of a 10 speaker audio system that comes in the premium trim of Subaru Legacy's. Replacing the sub with a bigger one

Literally never seen anyone have the same model.
New car in 3 or so months so no reason to replace it.

I hated using this thing in my mom's BMW.

Just got a car with this hunk of shit in it.
Looking for a good double din replacement. I'm not even sure anything else will fit with those stupid rounded edges...

Alpine CDA-117Ji

You would think BMW would put more effort into an interactive system, good thing my dad's 325i didn't come with that thing

It's the Walmart brand, came with the car. Buttons and knobs broken off resulting in blinding LEDs bathing the whole cabin in blue light.

you know actually bmw's idrive is ahead of the game in terms of user friendliness
youtube.com/watch?v=XdnOjevfWIE

Do you drive a Focus? I recognize that interior

Dremel tool is your friend.

Are there any non-riced up head units out there?

Yes, but they cost more.

Pioneer DEH 150MP

$60, bitches.

I got the FH X730 by pioneer. Does its job great and not that expensive. I had it in all of my cars.

>having a bulky, ugly head unit

>MP3 / WMA / WAV / FLAC, FM / AM tuner, RDS, USB, AUX, RCA, support for Android, speakers 4x50W, orange backlight

£50 delivered, fucking bargain. sound quality is excellent in FLAC mode

Why don't you guys upgrade ?

>Upgrade
>Posts horseshit

Time to turn off the computer grandpa

Enjoy listening to static

Good to hear, having a similar JVC unit fitted tomorrow (JVC/Kenwood are the same company).

I don't understand where this thing even goes

For a Cavalier.

Mine is similar to this, an older version I think.

It's a great unit.

Kek. Loving the gshock strapped to the wheel

So thats basically an aux port without the stereo?

Its a tiny amplifier, minus the power supply and case.

Pretty sure its a class D or T.

That shit is OEM, don't you dare fucking remove it. How old is the car?

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

So why haven't you replaced it the moment it happened? Throw that fucker out for fuck's sake. If you're a poorfag, there's plenty of great and interesting second hand headunits to find online. This is pretty much the only easy customisable thing about your car, spend some money on it looking nice. Also, no blue and preferably no red if you don't want it to look too ricey.

I don't get this. Do you leave this hanging loose inside the massive gaping hole the single or double DIN unit leaves?

Nice, the only person with style in this thread.

It looks stupid as shit though. I hate digital screens on my dash

Nice car, I'm not a burger but it looks nice and American. But seriously don't replace original parts on purpose unless it's a shotbox. If you're going to, at least keep the original headunit stored safely. Good luck finding a headunit with cd or aux that doesn't fuck up your interior completely.

whats this one called?

That's actually really nice. Fucking keep it man, practical as fuck.

Downgrading ain't my thing.

I... drive...

I'll hang on to it, but I'm going to switch it out for something with a USB port, since I copied all of my music to one of those tiny thumbdrives. I love having ALL of my music on shuffle.

>Having oval holes in cheap plastic on a shitbox for a whopping 15W+15W audio
Yeah, worth it

I like what Pioneer did here. Quality HU.

I'm planning on getting something like this.
50Wx2 and 100W sub out
I can hide it a behind plastic thing and use my DIN for boost and AFR gauges

Forgot picture

more like 5Wx2 and 10w
Don't waste your money on cheap amp

Nice. Im gonna look into that.
>not knowing what youre talking about

>he has never seen the insides of an actual, non-chinkshit amplifier
Go for it faggot, I doubt you'll learn any other way.

Get on my level, yes i know this overkill...

id that thing is cute af.

What amp is that pushing the Digital Designs?

can you explain this? does it sound better or does it just look like shit?
when i listen to music i like it to sound like it does in my monitors, which is pretty much as it was recorded, because they have a flat frequency response.

Noice. I don't have maxboom shit like that but can't judge, kind of jelly.

i had Focus acoustics 3000d when that picture was taken. it is old discontinued Finnish model..

Not possible in a car, too many variables and exterior noise. If you think you know audio and come here asking what that's for, I doubt you know audio.

Nice, do you still have the DD at least? Did you get a new amp?

If you want that you need a car with a very quiet interior. Either load up on dynamat or buy a Lex. Or better yet just use earbuds while driving, that's the only thing that's gonna get you what you want.

thats why i left mine stock and listen to music at home bro. but you did NOT answer me.

>some hipster vinyl purist gaiboi
Yeah, how about you find out the answer to that question by yourself, faggot

I bought second sub few months ago, and atm i'm using easy audio 4000d

>that awful taste in music
nothing will make that sound good bro, just get this and hope you're in the car when it starts a fire

Nice man, glad to see someone still using DDs, incredible woofers

>buys a hi-fi system to listen to vinyl

Lmao, may as well be trying to win pro-mod with pump gas.

Used to see a lot of this kind of thing in the 90s, usually with Golfs too. Respect for keeping the dream alive.

You post a lot alike that tripfag Klipsch

Stop

Does your mom regret having a child with autism?

My amp guts.

2000 RMS

wew thought that said clarion for a second

Kenwood DDX9903S head unit and everything else is Focal. I have a massive man crush on Focal. I love those little french audio guys.

Is that an XTR Pro?

Still rockin' the OE Bose. Probably get around to putting in a replacement single DIN unit later this year, getting tired of loading/reloading the CD changer every damn week. Need to pay off some other repair work on the TT first.

>tfw your headunit hides behind the dash

Put a little piece of electrical tape over them, that'd annoy the fuck out of me.

Yeah, that's a '05-'07.

Because my factory radio has bluetooth, usb, aux and the radio display shows the compass and outside temp as well.

Ebbin.

is that semen

bone stock

Not mine, but wanted to post this beauty.

No, at least it isn't my semen. I ordered new facing for the hvac, just waiting to receive it.
Do want.
Mien niegger.

This is my HU too.

I like it, works good enough, can color change to match the amber dials in my car. Bluetooth works well enough although it can be a little choppy on calls sometimes. $90 well spent.

You have some dash lights burnt out.

I have other more important shit to fix first. I stuck some of that poster-hanging goop on the buttons to block the light.

Umm

Eww, invest in fluffy microfiber towels buddi.

Comfy

>a million buttons
>comfy

>a million buttons
>like 7 of them
reee

Oem. Anything else is shit.

My bitch

I love that thin panel with the space behind it, I thought that was so cool back in the day when it came out.

How'd you get your TV remote stuck in there?

i got this bad boy

fucking kek. This panel look so fucking shit. Ive driven a alot of V50s, v70/xc70s and xc60s, and theyre equally terrible interior wise. Its like Volvo forgot to design a center console, and was like "oh right, shit, theres gotta be some buttons and shit here"

Does McIntosh still do them? How does it sound?

>thumbdrive