Why would anyone want to live in any place with winters?

Why would anyone want to live in any place with winters?

>Need snow tires
>Salt dmages car
>Sand damges car
>More likely to get hit
There are literally no benfits here. Just a money pit overall.

Because I do not dictate life based on my vehicle and being an adult I can buy a new commuter car when I need one.

Drive this morning in -10 degrees F weather cuz I'm not a cry baby.

>he's too poor for a second set of wheels
>he's too poor for a beater
>he's too poor for a beater
>he thinks that everyone drives as badly in the winter as they do in his sweatbox state
Stay in Florida, you useless cunt. Winter is super enjoyable if you live in a place that actually gets snowy and not just grey.

>Need snow tires
so what, they are cheap
>Salt dmages car
not if you are not a moron and wash your car every month or so
>Sand damges car
nope
>More likely to get hit
if you are a retard then yes, otherwise in winter climates people actually know how to drive.

Sand does damage the paint though if it gets thrown up.

Enjoy your cracked dash and expired rubber

Or you live in a place where they don't use salt but rather the eco friendly shit that doesn't damage your vehicle.

Salt and pea Gravel can fuck your car up. Driving through Oregon my hood has a few pock marks from Gravel kicked up by semis.

Point still remains my focus is a beater and I can buy another one anytime I want cuz I adult.

So much fun.

I wish I lived in a place that simply lets you use spikes because it's snowy all the time anyway instead of caking the roads in salt at the first sign of snow, but European countries are too small to have a choice and moving abroad means language conflicts. ;_;

>live in a place where it breaks 100°F regularly
>expensive as hell
>minorities everywhere
>some of the worst traffic in the nation
>same old weather all year long

Yeah, I can see why people like living in cold places

>S N O W R O L L I N G
L
O
W
R
O
L
L

My main issue with winter is that it fucks up the roads. People think it's the water freezing between the cracks in the road that fuck it up but it's actually not. What fucks it up is the plows that get caught on the cracks and then yank huge chunks of asphalt out of the crowd. This results in fucked up roads constantly which is shit for hooning on cars/bikes

Dead wrong... It's moisture in the dirt under the roads freezing and expanding, pushing up and cracking the road. Hence the term "frost heave" for a real doozy of a spot.

I live in New England.

The snow isn't too bad here but I geuinely love it.

That being said I loathe cold wether and old people so Florida is def off the list.

Commiefornia it is.

I drove today with the top down in sandals and a t-shirt - was not chilly. It's 76°F here this very moment, batches.

What else am I supposed to do? Move south where all the beaners and blacks are?

>snow tires
Cheap and last longer than all season/summer set
>salt damages car
True - but I take it to Krown every 2nd year so it doesn't rust
>sand damages car
They don't sand roads
More likely to get hit
Unfortunately yes

It's -35 now and I drive around in shorts and a hoodie. Windows down, Heater on masterrace.

Spring and Autumn in these temperate regions are wonderful. Some of us are just tuned to the variance of the 4 seasons. We see it as making life interesting and accept the challenge.

It's 15 here and I drive around in a parka and sandals. Top down, heater on master race.

Everybody should drive in snow, it really helps with driving skills.
Also OP, don't u wanna do mad skidz?

>Why would anyone want to live in any place with winters?
Wintertime in cold areas reduces the burglary and car prowling rates. In places with warm winters, the crime rate might actually increase in winter.

With winter tires and reasonable driving skills you develop, things actually are not so bad. You don't contend with the muggings and higher killing rates that happen in the warmer areas. You might say even 1000 murders more isn't any real chance of it happening to me after spreading it out over the population. But what you don't see is the klunking that goes on too instead of murder.

You get knocked down and then to stop you from reporting, you get klunked. When your arm or face is stomped on, you can have a broken arm, broken jaw, or broken elbow. Some people need artificial joints due to destruction. The pain and damage keeps you from getting help to catch the muggers.

Because its literally not an issue for those of us who are used to it & have the infrastructure to deal with it

I also don't like high temperatures, so a place with cold winters & mild summers suit me just fine

>that feeling when spring is around the corner and you wrench on your car at 0degree with only a hoodie on.

I love spring sooo much.

>A refreshing miata ride

Buy a winter beater for like $1000 or less. Just get used winter tires or some shit.

I like the cold and the snow.

I also like how rural it is, There is only one house next to mine and not another for about 6 miles

An they don't care what I do, I can even hunt

If pictures like this don't make you happy and nostalgic at the same time you're not from the midwest.

Snow is just part of life, as are cicadas on summer days and katydids on late summer nights. I think I'd really miss it.

Kelvin? Centigrade?

>otherwise in winter climates people actually know how to drive.
I've lived in NH my whole life and this is simply not true at least around these parts. It snows every winter yet the very same people continue to go out on bald all-season tires, drive too fast, slam on their brakes constantly, tailgate other cars, etc, etc. "People" are incredibly fucking stupid no matter where you live

>Not using snowy roads to get 2x as hektik

True this. In fact, I believe this is one of the reasons the top WRC and (some) F1 drivers come from Finlandia. And also why a large number of top car driving champs started out on dirt bikes, yet the reverse has never been true. And even within motorcycles, the vast majority of GP champs started in dirt.

You learn to get comfortable with using both ends of the car to steer.

beautiful landscape, where is it

Eastern Washington

You can always give the underneath of your car a good wash.

Winter is for getting hektik, the only problem is...

>salt

Sauce on the chick my nigga

>tfw moved from the midwest near Chicago down to Georgia for a job
It was 70 degrees today, and it's still in the 60s at almost 8pm
In my hometown up north it's below freezing

T H I C C

>snows in Georgia
>entire state shuts down
I hate winter.

The cold weather keeps the Californians away

Because I don't have to live around chicken shit fags like op

You're fucking stupid.

t. bus riding retards that get their knowledge from reddit

Do you go around saying retarded shit all the time ? Or just on 4chin?

>be from alabama
>your sister is also your wife
>die after someone sneezes and the nearby river floods

This is an awfully specific reason to live where it snows

The water freezing does cause shitty roads. The plows ripping it up is what causes some of those big ass potholes.

>tfw car spend 5yrs in Chicago and almost 4yrs in Florida
Yee! Rusted underbody from the winter and faded paint and plastic from the sun!

Didn't work for Denver, and worse they're all completely helpless in the snow, what little we've had

I can park so much easier in snowy parking lots cause I can kick the gas to straighten out the ass end

>mfw last Friday
The facility I work at shut down at like 4:30, we're usually open until like 11pm I think
I'm back where I used to live, in highschool we once got like 4 inches of snow dumped on us in a 45 minute window, 8 inches total. Couldn't see more than maybe 30-40 ft in front of you. Not even a 2 hour delay, school started right on time

I know I shouldn't waste my time responding to someone retarded enough to trip on an anonymous image board, but in the event that someone else might actually learn something, I'll shed some light on this. Well laid asphalt is virtually immune to most weather conditions. What happens is these roads frequently get dug up for utility purposes and the second fill is never the same as the first. These set the foundation for moisture to get in and then it's game over. But that isn't what truly fucks up the roads. It's when the edges of pic related gets caught in these small cracks and breaks loose giant chunks of asphalt. Then even more water gets in and the disintegration is compounded.

>week of hard freezes in lower BAMA
>get a couple of days off work since no one was ready for the ice
>call around
>theres a Publix open 6 miles from my neighborhood
>hop on the 4wheeler and drive around town on nearly empty 4 lane roads
>load up the rack with enough beer and food to survive the week
>the rest of lower AL panics
>pass multiple cops on my way home, none of whom gave a fuck
>made bonfires in the back yard and got drunk for a few days with the roommates

i fucking hate the summers in the south but the amount of open mud romping and general "who-gives-a-fuckery" makes it worth it.

>have 92 camry
>commute to work in snow
>suddenly gain too much speed
>start sliding around as if it's initial D
>smash the front right tire
>seal between rubber and rim got jammed with wood and flattened the tire when I left work
>a few weeks later it slows again
>straight road this time
>car spins out of control and does a 180
>it smashes the front left tire and dents the axle
>the car now permanently rides on an angle
>my mfw when

I've noticed that the colder a place gets, the less trash that lives there.

Take, for example, Miami. The place is a violence-ridden shithole, but hey, it doesn't snow or get cold!
Then you've got places like Colorado, where it regularly gets to -10 at night, which I suspect prevents a lot of the filth from coming out and doing filth things.

Plus, snow is fun as fuck... Skiing, snowboarding, camping, hektik skids. There's nothing like taking a 4wd truck out to a parking lot and doing a 300ft 4wd powerslide.

The only downside is salt, which some places do right. Out west they're generally more conservative with the salt, and use de-icer instead of the big brown nasty rock salt that's found back east. Just wash your car on one of the days where it's above freezing, and you'll be fine.

Explain Chicago, Baltimore/Washington DC, Buffalo, Detroit, Gary Indiana, and Philadelphia.

Decent winter tyres on steel wheels aren't really that expensive, especially since you can get like three or four winters out of them, more if you don't care too much about living.

Salt isn't a big problem neither if you wash your car regularly, including the undercarriage. Rocks and sand are kind of a pain, but you get that around the year and really, who in Veeky Forums has a car so expensive you should lose your shit over a couple of rock chips.

As a rule, if you live in a climate with regular winters, most people can drive without sliding into the first car in their way.

Also, them mad handbrake slides.

They should have a separate license for driving in bad conditions. Im so tired of coasties coming up into our state for "muh skiing xD" and getting into accidents because snow. Like one license that permits driving in all states and one (for autistic coasties/southerners) that bans travel in states that get decent amounts of snow.

>all of Canada
>Michigan
>New York
>New Jersey

I'd say the colder it is the worse people are

>Why would anyone want to live in any place with winters?
I fucking hate bugs and enjoy a few months every year without them

>any of those worse than the southeast

I can just grab "new" ones from cars in the junkyard from northern states

so you're proud your bad driving made you crash twice within a couple of weeks?

>implying any of them are better than the southeast

I don't need a handbrake to have fun. RWD ftw.

-35 Kelvin is impossible and -40 is the break even point between Celsius and Fahrenheit, so you wouldnt be too far off if you assumed degrees of Freedom instead of Celsius.

Here in Sweden you have to have a full day of driving around a wet, lubed up track in order to get a drivers license. Just to learn people that ice is fucking slippery.

>tfw ripping a skid at 10 mph exiting the parking lot

>implying anything happens in chicago during the winter

>you can get like three or four winters out of them

And even more summers.

yeah but the moment you go near a city, that sort of clean road gets salted into a slushy mess.

Muh safety

>He lives in san jose

Exactly why I'm moving after I finish tech school.

Where are you stationed for tech school that it snows?

>I've noticed that the colder a place gets, the less trash that lives there.

Clearly you have never been to Michigan.

t. michiganfag

>the cat was thrown through the snow
>you can see hands retreating from view through the hole the cat comes through

amazing atheist?

Who?

I'm only me with a german army camouflage

>salt
>sand/gravel
Depends where you live, I have my front end clear wrapped and snow tires grip more than all seasons or summers. tires don't wear as much because hurr wet so it's worth it and don't forget best weather to learn how to drift since there's less tire wear and you can skid easily at a low speed when you feel like it.
Some cunt that was on JRE podcast, no one you don't need to know
Glad to hear that, no wonder why there is less immigrants shitring up the roads with their shit driving, thank God Honcouver went ridiculous once snow hit them

I can drive in snow and rain but when it's foggy I get horrible since it happens a couple times in a year.