Hey guys. I'm finally ready to become legit and race on actual tracks instead of getting nailed by cops on the street...

Hey guys. I'm finally ready to become legit and race on actual tracks instead of getting nailed by cops on the street. Only problem is how?? Unfortunately finding events is a huge clusterfuck of information.
I've tried looking at the SCCA for chicago and while they're full of info they have very little going on.
If I look at say the Joilet speedway its pretty much the same deal.
I wish it could be as simple as call a number and show up, and maybe it is but I haven't found that number yet.
I'm ready to put my ride through hell this summer through any racing other than drag. Even if you're not around Chicago how did you get into it. Anything would be a huge help.

If you're old enough to have a license; you're too old to get into legal racing in the US. Sorry. I've been to tack days and shit but real racing is a matter of living in the right place, being in the 1% financially, skills, and knowing the right people.

P.S. Autocross is a waste of time.

>reeeeee you're not allowed to have a hobby
God you're a fucking autist

Personally, I find rallycross to be a fuckin riot.

Dude, racing IS my hobby. Pic related, me in a splendid 2-hour-long open-passing track session. I'm just saying that it is VERY difficult to get into actual competitive racing in the US.

Also, I've been to plenty of autocrosses over the last 11 years and it's fun hanging out with other car geeks, but you only get 5 minutes of run time tops in a whole day, just enough to barely learn the course.

>pic related, me in the worst vehicle ever raced acting like a smug cunt for being able to hold a racing line in a 125 hp slowbox
K retard

Wow, classy guy. I'll bet that you're just oozing with track experience in cool, exotic cars...

>125 hp is a lot on the track I swear

>unless ur rich and began karting the second you left the womb u cant race

What are you trying to prove? What do you drive? How much track / autoX / street experience do you have?

In a miata you have to learn how to corner in such a way that you minimized speed lost because you can't make up for poor cornering with only around 100 hp. I used to have an '06 STi that went 175mph - I know what power is like, but the miata is truly more fun.

Oh fuck is that a MIATA??? damn. thought you didnt know what you were talking about but it's clear I'm dealing with a master class driver.

no u dont understand its 50/50 weight distribution its practically an f1 car

And you still haven't mentioned what you drive (the bus?). Also your responses clearly indicate you have no racing experience.

if you are looking to race professionally

yes

buy a motorcycle

OP here.
All you faggots are missing the point and derailing this topic. Quit being bitches about someone wanting to go race there car, no matter what it is. Jesus Christ, isn't that why we all like cars in the first place??

Anyways, thanks for the responses trying to help out. I should let be known that I don't want to make any money doing this. I just want to have some fun on a track with like minded people. Rallycross and autocross are both very appealing. After doing more research I'm finding that there are a bunch of tracks around me. I think ill start called them and see what happens.

Rallycross is fun as fuck. Top-tier life experience.

>

>Dude, racing IS my hobby. Pic related, me in a splendid 2-hour-long open-passing track session. I'm just saying that it is VERY difficult to get into actual competitive racing in the US.

>Also, I've been to plenty of autocrosses over the last 11 years and it's fun hanging out with other car geeks, but you only get 5 minutes of run time tops in a whole day, just enough to barely learn the course.
How did you get into racing?

Lol Fuck off until you own a real car

I bet. Hopefully ill be racing soon.
I'm racing an e36 and think it'll handle a season

All of my legitimate, legal, competitive racing has just been pay-to-play run-what-you-brung. I've sadly never been able to participate in REAL racing like on a track with 11 other cars going balls-out.

That said, the friday after I turned 16 I was at the dragstrip. I went to engineering university; joined the Formula SAE team, and was the driver one season. When I had an STi I was part of a street team in charleston, SC that included Leh Keen - a GT3 cup driver who drove an R34 GT-R V-spec II on the street.

What do you drive?

mustang gt