I want a manual transmission hatchback with little miles that's fun to drive, easy to maneuver in the city (Boston)...

I want a manual transmission hatchback with little miles that's fun to drive, easy to maneuver in the city (Boston), will need little to no maintenance outside of the regular, and is

yeah i guess

Why not spend almost 10k less for a few years older manual compact with a few more miles? That car still has a lot of depreciating to do.

Scion ia which is basically a rebadged mazda2 sedan we never got.

Get a Honda Fit for like 6k. Great car, love mine

I'm really looking for

Maybe I'm spoiled by my FiST, but my friends 2.0L felt gutless to drive and didn't make any fun noises.

See if you can get a good deal on a 2.5L Mazda3 or a FiST.

Yes it's a good deal. I paid about $18k for that exact same car in sedan version brand new.
The mazda3 is a great car. Only real problem I have is that the engine is pretty anemic. It's kinda fun above 4k but it's definitely not a fast car.
If you do buy it you should spray paint the chrome grill cladding and emblems, and definitely upgrade wheels and tires down the line. The stock all seasons are garbage.

Any reason? I got a Honda Fit with 120k for 4k 3 years ago, and now its at 170k and Ive had zero problems with it. Ive spent like 1.5k on simple services and maintenance according to my spreadsheet.

My point is, look for a reasonably well taken care of car, and take even better care of it yourself.

I've been considering a FiST too and if I see a good deal I'll jump on it, but they're fairly rare.

Even rarer than a MT Mazda 3 hatch.

>spray painting grille and emblems

Why do people do this
I looks like absolute rubbish on most cars

Is the FiST as reliable?

It is a Ford after all.

Peace of mind mostly. I've driven used cars all my life and there's always the nagging feeling in the back of my head that it could break down at any time. No matter how careful you are with maintenance and upkeep, on average a heavily used car is simply more likely to break.

Well the ST gets rid of the only unreliable part: the auto transmission. I haven't heard any widespread issues or horror stories from the community. They seem to be pretty damn reliable.

My main reservation with buying a used FiST is that the chances that some young ricer idiot beat the living hell out of it for the first 50k miles or whatever of its life.

Pretty much the problem with any used inexpensive performance car tee bee aich

Got mine tuesday and love it. Has a deep scratch on the driver door i didnt see when i picked it up though and i am pretty torn up about it.

Not on this one you autist

where in Boston do you live faggot

This.

I like my Rabbit. It has a reasonable amount of HP/torque. I mean it's a shitbox but whatever.

Only problem I have with the car is that it has gremlins.

Ayyy probably one of the more fun cars I've driven

>fun to drive
>cheap
>low maintenance

Most people will argue with the Mazda 3 you're only going to get the latter two. Mine is from 2011 with only 165 hp and ~200 torques, but for being cheap and considering I haven't had to do shit to it in 90k miles besides put oil in it, it's fun to drive. More power would be fun, but then it would be more expensive to buy and maintain

It'll be stolen and stripped by tacos

Yes, I've seen 2014s for $13k Canadian

Get an RSX
>cheap
>good looking (imo)
>fun
>lots of modding possibilities
>it's it's very very reliable

>stripped by tacos
I've had my 05 rsx type S for a bit over 3 years and nothing has happened yet. I also live in a 95% white city.

It isn't about what you drive, its where you live. If you have a ton of browns living in close proximity of you it doesn't matter what you drive, your shit will get stolen.

Also, insurance.

Best interior out of anything under 30k too, imo. The type S that is.

Crz

yeah that's what I was thinking. unless you got money to burn seems crazy to buy such a new shitbox.

Base has literally the exact same interior.

No it's shit. Get an ep3 for 4-5k

Except yours does.

Okay now I'm mad