I've got a question for you guys. How many of you insure your shitboxes...

I've got a question for you guys. How many of you insure your shitboxes? I'm 21 and I currently pay $224 a month for my 90s pickup with collision and all that, and after shopping around even the most basic law-required liability insurance is still a little over $100 a month. Do you guys think it's worth it to have collision on a car that's valued at roughly $3,000 by my insurance company? I crashed it once and it was nearly totaled anyway just to repair some damage to the left front end (Broken light, bent hood, bent bumper, etc.). $224 is quite a lot for me with my other bills factored in, and I'm debating on dropping the collision entirely.

Pretty retarded to pay 200+ a month on insurance for a shitty 90's pick up. Just finance a new car for that money

I feel like you're paying too much. I wouldn't pay that much. You're paying them nearly the value of the car in a bit more than a year. $100 a month is still pretty fucking expensive for bare minimum but you'd be $1200 better off after a year and you could probably pick up some kind of a car for that money if your current car was totalled without
- having to put in a claim
- waiting for them to process your claim
- insurance co raising your premiums
- insurance co charging you an excess

$29.99 monthly. The only frill I have is hit and run coverage

Insurance is so that you don't accidentally get sold into slavery when you rear end a BBW X6 trying to drift in the snow.

That's not what collision insurance is.

Whoops. Misread.
I saw the picture and just had that in my mind when I read OP's post.

nevermind

A minimum of liability is legally required here

I pay $36 a month on my Hilux for liability, glass, theft and fire. $221 sounds like a lot... have you talked to other insurance companies and not just checked prices?

why do you have anything more than liability on a valueless vehicle?

I'm going to guess you're a 21 year old male and you have a few tickets on your record in the last year or two?

There's no way you should be paying anywhere near that much otherwise.

Male, yes. But no tickets and no accidents. This is with AAA, my Dad listed as a 50% driver, 10-12k mile a year bracket, and a multi car discount. It's fucking mindboggling to me.

>224/month

jeebus cripes. go to the nearest mexican neighborhood and get yourself some $29/month insurance ffs.

nigga what you doing?!

This

elaborate?

take
your
ass
to
where
all
the
brown
people
live
and
get
insurance

>all of these teenagers who pay $100, 200 or more per month for car insurance
>pay $430 for the year for $1,000,000 in coverage

I am 23, I have had my licence for 4 years. no accident I pay 400 euros/year on my 99' Twingo for damage to third parties only insurance.

I'm trying to get quotes from insurance companies but there asking for my name and residence. Why would they need that if I'm asking for a quote

>$224 a month
Holy hell man, I'm in yurop, 20 years old, and I don't even get quotes half as high as that if I try a goddamn Porsche Boxster. Something's terribly wrong there.

$68.28 / month here for full, comprehensive coverage.

'95 MX5 in the deep south. Oh, and I'm 27, that part helps.

All the money you save goes to drugs

die

>224$ a month
You what
I drive a shitbox with just minimum liability on it and pay the equivalent of 190$ per year

it's highway robbery

Where do live? I'm your same age, and only pay $66/month for minimum coverage on my 01 eclipse in Indiana. I still know I'm being shafted though.

>But no tickets and no accidents.
>I crashed it once and it was nearly totaled anyway just to repair some damage to the left front end (Broken light, bent hood, bent bumper, etc.).

Seems you do have accidents. Those go onto carfax and other vehicle databases for the insurance company to look at. Insurance companies subscribe to every database they can access in order to cross reference data. They also use your credit score to calc your insurance rate because people with terrible credit scores statistically also have significantly increased chances of making claims.

27 y/o Male 0 points/0 accidents, paying 83 bucks a month for full coverage with GAP insurance on a 2013 Car.

I think you're gettin hosed OP

What's wrong with drugs? Also I never use more than $10 worth of recreational drugs a day. I get about 400mg morphine steadily for $5 and ive got a fully-hektik amphetamine prescription that's $20 a month for 1,200mg. I probably spend more money on gasoline.

>paying for insurance

I'm 20 and I had a 94 ranger I paid 54$/mo for liability on. Shit was dirt cheap.
Now I gat an 07 mazda3 and pay $83/mo for comprehensive coverage.

Stop getting tickets cunt.

dude.

WTF
T
F

i'm 23, have a car still on loan, pay for full coverage on everything. And pay about 300/month for the loan and insurance together. I also have two seat belt tickets and two speeding tickets. also a few parking tickets that haven't been paid.

Who the fuck actually pays to park? Honest question. For all of you

>>he doesn't use fentanyl

150 a month.

DAmn brahh

you must be old to have that cheap ass insurance

I pay $560 in CT

25, 97 honda, $600/6months for basic liability. I hate Michigan. Was paying almost 300/month a few years ago for same coverage. 0tickets

Dumb euro here, how the fuck does the insurance broker residing in a burrito neighbourhood cut the price to 1/10?

Are the terms equivalent? Is the insurance company behind it the same? Will the company exist 10 months from now?

26 y/o brit here. I've had two split liability accidents in the last 2 years (neither were actually my fault, but due to there being no witnesses present for either incident, It'd be difficult to prove 100% liability on the other person)

Either way, I pay just under £100/mo for full coverage on an 06 Merc C-class, which doesn't seem too bad.

Usually they are small shady places that sell 24hr or 7 day policies so people can get their cars registered. Guaranteed they will never pay out for a claim and will drop you whenever they feel like it.

I just paid 23€ for half a year of basic insurance on pic related . Could probably find it cheaper but was lazy.
Feels pretty to be eastern European now.

>224$ for a 90s pickup

You are fucking dumb.

>not having your parents pay your insurance

lmao

I'm 24 and I pay $120 a month for my 08 Charger. Once the lien is off it, I'll put it down to liability only and be paying around $40 a month.

Bah, so the only use is to get your shit registered? What if you hit someone and need the mandatory insurance?

That's literally free, WTF man.

Can you get casco for old (80s-90s) cars in Latvia? I tried that in Bestonia some years ago but they'd only sell casco for 10 years and newer cars, so you can't insure classics at all.

I'm used to paying 50-70 e/month for my 1990 Firebird, which is probably worth 5000-7000 eur. Seems pretty fair, esp. considering the emotional value.

>hit someone and need the mandatory insurance
>need

I wish I could do some shit like that here in the UK, just for the sake of getting insured on paper and keeping the jews off my ass.

Parents' car got hit when they weren't even driving it as it was parked, and their insurance got upped by a couple hundred annually even though the repair was like a $150 plastic bumper job.

I fucking hate jews.

>under 100/month
>brit
>mercedes

how

I don't understand how so many people in London drive £50k+ cars like it's nothing, yet when I look up quotes it's ridic like 5k a year for a 15 year old Focus or some shit.

That's a lot when you make $7 a day

im 26 and i pay $325 per month in insurance on my 600hp evo IF I DECIDE TO DRIVE IT i get full coverage and a $0 deductible

IF I DECIDE NOT TO DRIVE IT i pay $175 per month for it to sit in storage with $0 deductible

FOR MY SCION TC I PAID $222 PER MONTH TO DRIVE IT

i have AT LEAST 8 or 9 points on my license and have had so many fucking speedin tickets since i was 18 its really unreal

i have also been in 4 at fault vehicle accidents and 2 not at fault accidents

>Parents' car got hit when they weren't even driving it as it was parked, and their insurance got upped by a couple hundred annually
Holy fuck. That would never happen in Finland - if the accident isn't your fault, no way it can damage your bonus/premium score.

Cover against your own damages caused by 3rd parties costs a bit extra ofc, I think parking lot damages have an extra price because theyr'e more common, but still. If your own neglect / dumbness didn't cause it, they won't hurt you for it either.

Dunno how it is in other European cunts, I've thought this logic is universal.

I asked my insurance to hold my policy because I had 'sold' my car [spoiler]sold the car to some dirt track racer after it was wrecked, it ended up being significantly cheaper to just not report it. [/spoiler]
They ended up dropping me just before i got a new car because the account was on hold too long. So currently i have a car thats been registered but i need insurance to actually drive it, i'll get liability as soon as its rolling. anything else is going to be over $150 a month since i'm under 25

I pay $204.00 a month on a truck, and thats with a 40% discount, hooray ICBC.

It's literally just "pay us $30 a month so you can technically say you have insurance without lying." The coverage is absolutely nothing.

I pay $180 thru geico. Im 26. I pay $40 a month for a 95 accord. And $140 for a 2006 malibu.

Because I live in a very rural area where crime is non-existent and accidents are uncommon.

$500 broker fee land

You don't have insurance for when your shitbox gets in an accident and needs fixing.

You have insurance so when you get in an accident you can fix the Porsche that you hit.

Haven't heard that kasko is limited by the age of the car so idk

Fully comprehensive insurance, £25/mo

$55 a month for 2 shit boxes, strict liability. One of them is turbo'd tho!

I'm 20 and I pay $100 a month for just liability. Not worth it to have collision on an old shitbox

All these mommy insurance sharing NEETs

It happened while driving on ice and they considered it a comprehensive weather claim, not an at fault accident. That's what I meant.

Canada
165$/month for my 16 f150

Someone needs to end those fucking kikes.

Just get liability with state minimums!!

Fucking Americans, here in Ontario i am paying 202.50 a month for my shitbox mazda 3 and i got a steal for it being my first car and my own insurance.

you must live in a "no fault state" bro

>Ontario
>complaining about $200 a month

>93 240sx hatch
>18
>somehow no tickets
>one accident
$111 a month

I know its basic as fuck insurance but still, 200 bucks a month is gay. But at least its not the 350-400 people wanted at first.

>2015 Honda civic
>180$ a month full coverage
>am 23
>2 points on my record
Why are you getting raped?