/hbg/ - Homebrew General

Quick copy and paste Edition
Emulating thread: →
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS- Same as last thread edition
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by following this guide → → →
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

freeshop.pw
3ds.guide
3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
mega.nz/#F!h4xQRLRa!Y65kQqjwdZcbx8D-vhXRbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm completely new to all this. Just successfully installed soundhax, but now I don't have a clue on what to do next. Can a kind user hold my hand a walk me through what I should do next? I just wanna play some DQ7

>I'm completely new to all this
it shows. The real thread is here

I used the freeshop QR, but now I just have an wrapped present that I can't unwrap. What do?

freeShop is wrapped?

try downloading the newer version from freeshop.pw

op needs to stop linking the old ass guide seeing as its back up and running, updated to 2.1.4 (appropriately named FUCK NINTENDO edition)

Gonna hack the 3ds tomorrow, how much time is it gonna take me so I know what I'm gonna get myself into.

anyone do PS2 emu?
if i can't hook a IDE HDD to my PC, can i put files onto it via a USB?

most anything on this shit is like 3-6 years old.

roughly 1.5 hours whilst following 3ds.guide

yeah that was the guide I was going to use. Thanks man.

just rebooting my 3ds fixed it

I finished hacking my n3ds, got all the pokemon I wanted to edit/inject and downloaded all the games I wanted. Now what? Also how do I get custom badges? Also I was thinking about fucking about in pokemon shuffle, how do I go about getting the stones you'd normally need to pay for? And would I be able to do the same with the arcade badge place?

I followed the guide and took be 3 hours, but I'm slow as shit and have an old 3DS.

Is a 32 GB SD card a good size for the 3ds? Not sure how big the games are.

Can nintendo ban you for using freeshop? Should I unlink my nnid?

Yes that's perfect. biggest games are like 3-5 GB but that's just like, mario maker. I'll double check if you'd like but honestly? Perfect.

I actually own the Mario Maker cartridge given to me as a gift so that's no big deal. Thanks brother.

Best games range from 1 to 2 GB, get a 64 GB one, 128 is too big

So somehow i got like 200 themes. Do i have to delete them all one at a time or is there a way to remove them all at once?

Same here, I'm deleting one at a time since I can't find an option to select multiples.

mario maker is like fucking 300MB!

Excuse me I'm just trying to help! No bullying

No they can't. You're ok

please respond

I got CHMM2, but it's says I need a dspfirm.cdc, how exactly do I get it? I've searched online but no straight forward answers.

I somehow managed to brick my o3ds xl like a fucking retard. I deleted the contents of my microsd card absentmindedly.
Without the micro-to-sd card adapter in the 3ds, or with the adapter and micro sd card, the 3ds power light comes on for a second then turns off, with the screen remaining black.
With the sd card adapter, but without the microsd, the power light comes on and stays on, but the screens remain black. In all three scenarios i cannot boot to recovery. Am I totally fucked? I deserve to be.

Is it safe to do a system transfer to a region changed 3DS that can't access the eshop?

How...How does that even happen?!

If your problem is with the SD card just reformat it and boot again

If you have nothing in the SD card, you cannot boot arm9hax, so you need to put the payloads etc back on.

I got drunk and thought I would just delete the contents of the sd to start all over. I am not smart.

>doing this while drunk
yeah no

So where are the free games? I've finished installing all that bullshit from the 3ds guide and got freeshop and can turn it on. So where do I go from here?

>freeshop
>where are the free games

gee I wonder

Yeah thanks for the help faggot I ended up figuring it out anyway. The freeshop didn't have any games initially.

I don't know if I"m going crazy, but a couple days ago I hacked my bro's 3DS and I could have sworn the 3dsguide told me I had to do something regarding tickets and deleting ones that aren't 01 or something.

Today I went back to the guide and I'm done with mine and it never once mentioned that I had to do anything with tickets. Did the process change in the last two days?

It did. Backing up tickets isnt necessary as you restore your entire system now.

I feel like I might have bit off more than I can chew with my 2ds hack.

Got the ctrtransfer step and I'm kind of lost. I'm not a total retard so I should be able to get through it, but is there anything I need to be careful with on this step?

how do i hack my wii u?

i went to the pastebin and the links are dead

can user link to another guide at least?

Actually I suppose the only thing I'm confused about is on this page.

3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer

It links to a reddit thread, do I need to go through the steps in the reddit thread or are the steps in the reddit thread on the guide page?

So a friend of mine brought me his son's 2DS for an arm9hax install.

I noticed the SD contained data from a previous hack (rxtools) as well as some files without name and with 0kb size on the data management on the 2DS, so I decided to run Tinyformat to get rid of all that shit and start from 0

Everything seemed to be going fine, until I restored the Nand.bin, apparently there were some games installed on the Emunand, and now they are being displayed as these black icons on the menu.

Opening them just give me an error screen and nothing else, they don't appear on the data management.

Any ideas on how to delete them?

Also, this is a fresh 2DS with no saves or games, can I skip any of this backup stuff? It keeps warning me I'll lose my saves and games if I don't backup, but I don't have any saves or games yet.

Best DS card to get for my 3DS?

proceed with hack then use FBI or devmenu/bbm later to remove unwanted titles from NAND

Help! I used a 32gb SD card to install the hax on my 3DS and I've gone out and bought a 64gb and it's exfat. How do I get it to work? Can I just copy files over any way? I know nothing about this and want to learn.

No.

Must be Fat32.

Use this. ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Thanks for trying to help m8 but I keep getting an error with that programme.

That's not because of the program. This was an issue addressed in a previous thread. It's your computer doing some shit with it.

Take that error you see in the window and google a solution. I cannot remember which previous thread it was though, sorry.

biggest games are Xenoblade, Fire Emblem if with all the routes, then Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker

off the top off my head, Record Breaker is 2.8 GB

Search the drive with Process Explore and close whatever process it accessing it. For me I had to restart explorer.exe. and keep explorer closed as I formatted.

Now to copy shit over.

Latefag here. Does the DS SD card shit work for the selected games. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

Great. You're on your way. Good luck, although you shouldn't need it if you follow the guide to a T.

Wait for Nintendo Switch hacks. Then wait for Nintendo Switch. Yfw got a N3DS when everyone thought 11.2 was gonna be unhackable for at least 6 months. Feels good man.

I would but there's several games in my 3DS library I need to finish, and I try to avoid buying consoles on launch.

>-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

?

It's just a CFW psp at this point. Sad!

Mfw made the right choice and got an N3DS instead of a PS vita feels good.

What? Playing Vita backups has been a thing for 4 or 5 months now.

Have you thought about getting a 2DS instead?

>Got bootntr on 11.2 n3ds
>Save state feature literally doesn't work at all in both games I've tried so far (Isaac and Cave story)
They just crash at some point between starting to create the save and loading it. I've tried making/loading the save from the home menu. Is the real time saving thing supposed to be this shit?

How do I get the fan translated mother 3 on my arm9loaderhax'd n3ds?

Do the backup just to have it. It's the only way to get the unique one for your console.

Do I just copy paaste the contents of the old sd card to the new one if my 3ds isn't hacked?

So I need some help, guys. I dunno what I'm doing but apparently when trying to download SMTIV:A with Freeshop I got a blackscreen and now the system won't start with the SD card in? What do I do to fix this?

F

Rip u r 3ds

Someone help me out here.

So one of my closest friends is depressed, her parent's marriage is falling apart and whatever.

She just bought herself a 2DS and updated, so obviously can't hack it for her, and she'd be too ethical for that anyways.

But I want to give her a few of the 3DS carts i've bought.

For example, I bought an Animal Crossing cart ages ago. In theory, can I extract/keep that save file and use it in a downloaded version of the game? That way I give her my cart of the game, but still have all of my progress in the downloaded version instead?

Also my 3DS is already hacked and all that, to clarify.

That's unfortunate. It does boot without it and I can hold select to get to whatever menu that was, however.

Like any other GBA game. There's a .cia of the fan translated mother 3.

If you don't know how to get GBA games on your 3DS, read the pastebin numbnuts

I got Freeshop from the OP, but the QR code for the title keys gave me an error. Is this a normal thing?

Yeah use Decrypt9 to dump the game and JKSM to move the saves.

Boys

I'm using CakesFW version like 1.7.1, and I know a much higher version is out. I installed it via 3ds guide. Is it safe to just overwrite files and install a newer version? What exactly should i NOT do when it comes to updating shit?

Wait so I have to dump the game with Decrypt9? So the save is game-specific? I can't just download a US .cia?

Is there something wrong with CHMM2 right now? I tried uploading a pretty basic theme and it's not working.

Extracted a theme into a unique folder within the Themes folder located in the root. Doesn't seem to have any effect.

Do you need to do a complicated inject if there's a Cia, or just install it via Fbi? Is the .cia on 3dsiso or?

is anyone going to update the firmware page on the wiki for the 3ds?

Get arm9. It's worth it and if you managed to get cakes without brick in you've proven capable of following instructions so there's like a 0.0001% chance of bricking

No, just install via FBI. If you have Luma3DS, you don't need to do anything else to get GBA games to work. And you're on A9LH so you only need to download it there I believe. With Emunand, you have to download the game on both Sys and Emunand, but that doesn't apply to you.

Also the cia is in the Games pastebin. Like go to the normal pastebin and navigate until you find the downloads, it isn't very hard to find Mother 3 in there

So I got through all the steps and arm9loaderhax is now installed and I think I'm all set up, now what do I do? Am I ready to download pokemons or is there some further recommended customization or steps before I download all my emulators and games and shit?

You can just download if you want, it doesn't matter.

My 3DS is working fine on Sysnand a9lh
But my laptop with the otp, NAND backups etc which I stupidly didn't back up got stolen
What should I do? My nand backups are still on the SD card, I can't find the otp. Is the otp still there if I followed plailect's guide?

So, it's the .cia from this mega link? mega.nz/#F!h4xQRLRa!Y65kQqjwdZcbx8D-vhXRbg

How do I recover from a bad .cia install if it's fucked?

Yes, there are others, but yeah I used that one too. But what the fuck are you talking about? Just download it with FBI. It'll work. If it doesn't, you might have to do some other shit, but I'm like 99% sure you're all good to go right out of the box with the current Luma3DS.

Seriously bro, how'd you make it through A9LH being this unsure of yourself?

Any Vita news regarding the chinks and new uploaders?

I've just heard so much about people fucking their consoles up with VC injects. Thanks bro.

My health and safety went back to normal, not sure what I did if anything, how do I get FBI back?

you can google this info

nvm I just reinjected it, one of the final steps of the starter guide was to reinject the hs.app though, why?

Literally how kek. That's the first I've heard of it. But anyways, enjoy the game, it's fucking fantastic. Is it your first time?

Yeah, first time.

The fuckups I heard were back in the emunand days, so maybe I was just being overly paranoid.

So you can have the amazing health and safety app back of course.

You should have installed the fbi .cia anyway, which doesn't need a reinjection every update.

Also bravely games ar like 3 gigs

Yeah you are. Also I meant is it your first time playing Mother 3/ the series in general?

Yeah that's what I meant by first time. I played earthbound as a kid but never played m3. Pretty excited to do so.

Vitas are dope as a legit console but hacking on that is a fucking nightmare. 3ds reminds me of the yester years of psp hacking and. Making pandora batteries hellcat fash and shit.

I dont speak ching chong user....

Is there a way to download games that aren't avaliable in freeshop?

Thank you for the help /hbg/, I got everything working on my 2ds and freeshop installed. I got Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Sun but besides that I don't even know where to begin.

Track down the .cia file, put it on your sd card in a folder called "cias" (create it if it doesn't exist), launch fbi, navigate to the cias folder, select "install and delete cia"

yes

Thanks guys. You're the best.

how do I update freeshop 2.1.3 to 2.1.4? Just qr again through fbi? Also is it safe to use an r4 card with cfw?