How many cells does a catted downpipe need to pass emissions?

How many cells does a catted downpipe need to pass emissions?

>100?
>200?
>400?

How many cells does a typical OEM catalyst have? How much will a "sport cat" increase emissions?

>driving a car newer than 1992

you can't make this shit up

Depends how it's tuned just get it to pass emissions on a conservative tune then go mad dumbshit

>Driving a piece of shit

No thanks

Whatever you say man. I could straight pipe this bitch and no one would say a fucking thing, and thats in one of the most liberal states in the country

I think they just check to see it's there.

OEM cats are usually 800 cell or more. 400 is a good place to be. Below 200 is unlikely to even pass sniffer and will probably also set off CEL.

Source: I remember reading a comparison between stock, sport cat, and decat.

>How many cells does a catted downpipe need to pass emissions?

Enough to pass the sniffer test and not set off CELs if your state/county tests that way.

In some jurisdictions just having the cat on the car may be enough.

I have 200 cell (OP pic related) and no CEL, even before I tuned it. Am I good to go?

My car is 06/93. So close...

0 If you live in a free state

>Ontario

lolno

>not running 02 sensor spacers and tricking the cel off

fixed my LS1 trans am's CEL. never been on again, passed emissions with dumped exhaust and bad cats

My Camaro has no cats and no CEL.
Getting a shop to tune the car works wonders.

You should be OK. It's important to keep in mind that the OEM builds the catalytic converter to be a lifetime component so they have more catalyst than necessary in case something like detonation or afterburn occurs and breaks a piece off.

It's also important to understand that there are diminishing returns to catalytic converters. You can safely back off the density quite a bit but retain most of the emissions benefits.

Pic related
Big mufflers are for fags

Enjoy your engine drone you fucking retard. Good job taking thousands of man hours of engineering and throwing it into the trash with your shitty straight pipe exhaust.

Get off your high horse.
My car was designed on a lunch break.

Stop cheaping out and buying a decent exhaust.

Is 08/92 worthy?

I ran a 200 cell sports cat on my 2.2 ecotec, No management lights but it stopped catalyzing after around 60k miles and I had to put the standard one back on.

Brothers

No after cat (no cats) o2 sensor, and no code, had it tuned out.

Being this poor and old