/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft. We're currently waiting on the new nost server release:

NEW NOST WILL RELEASE THE 7TH OF JANUARY!

Alliance:
discordapp.corn/invite/tAZZ6Qg

Horde:
discord.gg/nEdP8ZM

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12049438
strawpoll.me/12049193/
countingdownto.com/countdown/elysium-pvp-launch-countdown-clock-b923634a-c8aa-4cf7-8019-d2cbf77bb537
reddit.com/user/Edivon
forum.elysium-project.org/topic/24380-addon-castmodifier-tbc-and-above-like-conditionals-for-cast-macros/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

8 hours

Warlock is a meme class

I love memes

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - Undead rogue
0 - kill myself

You're a meme person.

I feel like I should sleep so I can wake up and get cigarettes and be on in time for waiting in queue for 5 hours just to maybe kill 3 spiders in Tirisfal on my memelock

Hey everybody!

I know everyone's excited about the new launch in a few hours time, but I was wondering if you could help me decide on whether my Night Elf should be pink or silver!

Thanks guys and good luck on the new server!

What's the best warlock pvp build? Please post the talent tree.

If I roll hunter, will every fucking rogue I ever party with try to give me shit?

am i actually going to set an alarm on my phone to wake me up just so i can be able to not log in to a shitty chinese fucking vanilla wow server?

yes, i am.

wow sucks

Majority will, if your talking about loot start your own run and only invite cloth dps

Yes. And its not just loot, but rather rogues hatred for hunters.

Reminder that on 7th January is the true Christmas.

IC XC

>You realize that most of those top guilds get fucking PAID to play WoW right?

Former top 10 US raider here. No, they don't. Even Method and shit aren't really getting anything from their "sponsors", maybe a few mousepads and keyboards if they're lucky here and there. And a few of the big names might get paid to be figureheads at a convention now and again, but not often.

>rolling horde on fresh for memeing purpose only
t.old server r14

Just wait till you're trying to farm prebis. Rogues go apeshit over Truestrike and Baron's cape which happen to also be prebis for hunters AND fury warriors.

Anyone else thinking of just waiting til mid week to start?

It's going to be so packed, it won't even be fun.

rogue here
today i lost brutality blade to a hunter
needless to say my mom got a piece of my mind at the dinner table tonight, she agreed that he was out of line
fucking huntards REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>r14
Ching chong xiao?

>Well a staple of communism is also the aspect of putting the community (hence the name) before the individual. This is 100% the case with Loot Council.
No it isn't. The problem people have with loot council in reality is the exact opposite: loot council results in core raiders getting their gear faster at the expense of the more casual raiders (which is meritocratic, not communistic). I don't know what fantasy loot council system you're imagining, but I'm talking about loot council in practice as it's used by actual raiding guilds, such as the one I'm in.

How come I never hear about casters going apeshit on each other over a pull?

strawpoll.me/12049438

probably because casters aren't anywhere near as gear dependent to the point where most of their gear does basically jack shit

You obviously never raided ICC.

>brutality blade
>hunter
What a fucking retard, that's not even a good hunter weapon.

>How come I never hear about casters going apeshit on each other over a pull?
More of their prebis is crafted stuff. I think there's something from drakk in ubrs they usually fight over though...

Sorry no

this

Hunter or Shaman?

Or both?

>can't change realmlist.wtf

reeeeeeeeee

im lvl 12 in the barrens, what is the best pet I can get right now?

Shaman. Hunters can fuck off.

strawpoll.me/12049438

strawpoll.me/12049438

strawpoll.me/12049438

strawpoll.me/12049438

Do you like your memes spicy or red hot?

Shaman or else you succ dix

0-3 Mage
4-7 Warrior
8-9 Paladin/Shaman

no go warrior we need more tanks and less dps

Who else here is rolling UD mage to be /LiterallyVurtne/ here?

Are alli warlocks really that bad??

Finalflash you're not staying on old PvP?

yeah wotf will literally cause any ally warlock to be one shotted

It will be extremely painful at 60 when you realize you literally cannot pvp against the horde due to 75% of them being undead.

For pve its fine though, just don't expect to do any pvp until your geared enough to kill someone in a deathcoil.

Guys if i want to tank low level instance on my pally (like maybe up to DM) i need consecration right? so i have to spec holy? or is it a mix of prot/holy? if so does anyone have a good talent tree?

I've been leveling with ret up until lv 21 and i want to tank deadmines but i just found out consecration is a holy talent and not a trainer spell

But I want to raid sempai and tanks don't get raid spots when you only need 4 max out of 40 slots.

retards enough with the meme

implying wotf will always mean that UD will win... fuck off retards i killed countless people wih my ally warlock
only in pro and fair duels can WotF mean something and actually be of help

you need the aggro talent from prot and conc from holy to start tanking. after you get conc from holy then put the rest in prot.

>It will be extremely painful

you're a big warlock

those 4 tank slots are going to fill up way slower then the dps slots. trust me

who nightelf here?

>pally tank
this is vanilla, retard. inform yourself about viable specs

>Alliance Warlocks

1-4 Hunter
4-7 Shaman
8-0 Mage

Consecration doesn't really do a whole of damage though even with a lot of intellect.

I would just put enough into protection to get some tanking talents, including the threat one. Then put the rest into Ret.

Honestly though your not going to be able to hold aggro on anything like a warrior can since your threat generation is going to be a lot lower.

Quick, /nosg/, whats your favorite race to play as?

Mines the comfy as always Tauren

Me too!

you are mine now cowboy

no talking to other animers

Undeads losing to alliance warlock is the ultimate form of cuckoldery.

Playing alliance warlock is very satisfying because you know that you're at a disadvantage from the very beginning, yet still manage to kill these pesky undead edgelords.

As a Chinese player, I feel really bad about this. I really enjoy hanging around in the game and I haven't bought a single coin in games in my life, but now I've been forced keeping away from other Chinese players in purpose just to make sure I wouldn't get involved if anything happens in the future. So I'm quite lonely in the game and this is sad. And now discussions are being carried out about rejecting all connections from China. I don't know what I can count on atm.

Whats the best alliance race for warriors? I never played alliance during vanilla so I don't have any idea if its like horde with Tauren being the best tank race.

Gnome

How many undead rogues will there be? Should be fun to counter them with a dwarf rogue, no?

Mulgore's such a good starting zone! Shame about the shitty racials and female tauren looking kinda... off.

My vote goes to NE. I love forward-flipping my way across Azeroth.

Are there no Chinese private servers? I would think with such a large population of players there would be a few.

It seems like that would solve the problem for nos and give the Chinese a place to take their cancerous gold trading.

What class? :3

human for the weapon skill
nightelf for the bigger hitbox

>Whats the best alliance race for warriors?
Human for pve, gnome for pvp.

I'm going to roll a human warrior myself.

h-hi cheng

>tauren
>shitty racials
no

I literally tried to sleep from 9pm, four hours ago for me, but I couldn't also any more because of excitement.

I literally am losing sleep getting excited to play WoW again. I've lost control of my life lads.

Anyone else?

Also someone edit this for WoW pls

There are chinese private servers but every single one is riddled with p2w and custom features, such is the standard of all games in china.

Human for dps
Dwarf for tank
Night Elf for swag
Gnome for pvp

female Tauren Warrior... prot of course!

I guess most of them are pretty good, but the increased herbalism is a total waste of a racial.

Stealth warrior

Alliance guilds should consist of ONLY dwarves and gnomes, + the occasional night elf druid.

There is literally no reason to roll Human or Night elf.

>but muh pve!
pve is not difficult in vanilla, nobody cares if the boss die 10 seconds faster.

Alright lads!

1: How long till the fresh server is on?
2: Should I go Undead or Orc Warlock?
3: What are the best proffesions for a warlock?

>actually pvping in wow
>laughingelfman.jpg

What's Bis mean?

t. Played off and on since literally vanilla but never reached max level ;_;

I had that issue before

Forget what fixed it sorry

Have fun being kicked out of a melee dps slot and replaced by a Human, then. Doesn't bother me.

undead if you want a reliable trinket vs warriors/locks/priests.

Orc if you're a fan of rng

strawpoll.me/12049193/

MORE RESULTS

best in slot

That's textbook corruption. That's literally the nr.1 cause of guild self destruction right here.

>1: How long till the fresh server is on?
countingdownto.com/countdown/elysium-pvp-launch-countdown-clock-b923634a-c8aa-4cf7-8019-d2cbf77bb537
>2: Should I go Undead or Orc Warlock?
Orc if you want the pet damage
undead if you're a memeing edgelord
>3: What are the best proffesions for a warlock?
tailoring and enchanting/skinning

7 hours~

7hr, UD, first aid.

>What's Bis mean?
Best in Slot, as in the best piece of gear you can have in that item slot.

prebis is Best in Slot excluding stuff that can only be obtained in raids.

i did /literallyvurtne/ in 2007 pleb

I feel really bad for the guy who wrote this, he seems so nice. :(

reddit.com/user/Edivon

What should I tell him?

Am I being memed or is gnome warrior legit?

I don't want to waste my time leveling a warrior only to find out I picked the wrong race.

I plan to tank btw.

I want to try out tanking back in vanilla when you couldn't just hit 1 button and everything glued on to you.

open it with notepad fucking retard

That's exactly what tanking is in vanilla

I agree. Fortunately it's a system that can easily work as long as it's a guild with enough dedicated core members who don't feel left out that they can fill at least most of a raid with them.

The real mistake is joining a Veeky Forums guild instead of a professional-acting good one.

ud mage or ud warcock

gnome warrior is legit only for pvp since you get a get out of snare free card

if you want to hardcore pvp tank go human, you'll need the hitrate
you can also consider nightelf since they have a sightly bigger hitbox and and can position the boss better

Warlock if you like being a special snowflake
Mage if you like fun

forum.elysium-project.org/topic/24380-addon-castmodifier-tbc-and-above-like-conditionals-for-cast-macros/

here gay nerd

Im rolling warrior too :) noone else wanted so ill do it.

Who are you?!
Orc Shaman! no... Tauren Shaman!