What is the appeal of 4-door trucks with short beds?

What is the appeal of 4-door trucks with short beds?

They're very common and look outright disproportional, not to mention you can't fit much in them. The long bed alternatives, when available, don't cost much more and don't look nearly as silly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bsp9eWQ7mII
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People buy them as masculine alternatives to buying a crossover. It's an image motive. Not a utilitarian one.

If it cant carry my bike inside the bed without taking the wheels and shit off, it's useless to me. I can do that in my wagon, it's inexcusable if a "truck" can't do the same. You shouldn't need the tailgate down and a cheesy ass extender to fit a couple dirt bikes in the back of a truck.

tfw your camper hangs off a foot because you got the 5-foot bed instead of the 6-foot.

You can fit a motorcycle in the back of a 6 foot truck, you let the tail gate down you fucking autismo.
Even Honda Goldwings fit in an 8' space, you're fucking stupid and have no experience.

Sick rig. Is that yours?

>You can fit a motorcycle in the back of a 6 foot truck, you let the tail gate down you fucking autismo.

Fuck that cuckery. That screams "my wife wouldn't let me get the big boy truck"

6' beds are for useless fucking idiots who don't do anything, or for people who use their truck exclusively as a fifth wheels tow.
But that doesn't mean you cannot fit motorcycles in a 6' bed.

Yeah you can, but with the tailgate down, which is stupid. Use the right tool for the job.

>4 door crew cab
>diesel
>amazing turning radius
>8 foot bed
>mini-dually for INSANE towing capacity
>all in a package the size of a ranger

Then use a motorcycle trailer.
There's literally nothing wrong with putting your tailgate down to haul a longer load.
6' beds are for faggots, but claiming a motorcycle is a reason against a 6' bed is almost as stupid as claiming you need an automatic because you live in the city.

forgot pic

We have shit like that in north america. They're almost dangerously slow on the hills and mountains here. They crawl up the hills on the highway at 80kph with only a couple thousand pounds in the back. 250hp ain't towing jack shit.

>250hp ain't towing jack shit.
Never in my life have I read such a load of bullshit. It was only in the last decade fullsize 3/4 and 1 ton pickups were making similar levels of power. 400hp is necessary for a semi tractor trailer, not Billy Joe pulling a toy hauler or a 5th wheel caravan.
Claims of being "dangerous" is nothing more than a shallow justification for unnecessary levels of power to maintain an arbitrary speed on an arbitrary incline. The levels of power the current fullsize pickups provide (which is fantastic, I'm not denying that) is a luxury that's only come about to competitively market their offerings against each other.

Those 250hp cabovers pull a load just fine. Sorry of they don't match your image.

>There's literally nothing wrong with putting your tailgate down to haul a longer load.
This. I don't understand why some faggots here think having your tailgate down is the end of the world.

There's a difference between a 3 liter engine putting out 250hp and a 13 liter engine putting out 250hp. Back then most cars were slow as fuck, now days the average minivan has almost 300hp and hauls ass. Thus making it a nightmare to merge and accelerate with traffic in a slow as fuck euro truck.

You also can't compare different countries and terrains. Some people have big ass hills and mountains to go up.

They didn't want a tahoe

because making u turns in even a short bed truck most of the time is a 3 point turn, long bed forget about it.

Obviously you fuckers dont live in a dense urban area or you would understand that a 5 mile turning circle isnt practical.

>not having enough power to just whip the ass end around

waahh my truck is too big

youtube.com/watch?v=bsp9eWQ7mII

You'll find that those 250hp motors are closer to 5 litre 4 cylinders or 6 litre 6 cylinders and have over 550lb/ft of torque.
I have never in my life had any trouble merging even with the smaller 150hp 2tonne tippers, but then I'm not retarded and can get it up to highway speed at entrance points, and I know how to look for other retards or courteous drivers on the road.
You're acting like big ass hills aren't a common phenomenon throughout the globe.

>We have shit like that in north america. They're almost dangerously slow on the hills and mountains here.

no we don't. those slow ass trucks you see are all 3.5 tons +

the 1.5 (and i'm pretty sure the 2.5's) aren't sold in the US.

In my work I have to carry tools and sometimes parts, but not huge stuff. I also have about 2 passengers with me usually. I could use a minivan, but with a minivan there is no divider between passenger and cargo which is a safety hazard in case of an accident- I don't want tools and parts flying around in the passenger compartment.

I used to drive a minivan with a parts cage in the back but it was annoying as fuck having that steel cage rattling all the time, and the compartment wasn't really big enough sometimes.

Right now I'm driving a Tundra extended cab but would really like a quad cab so I can drive without squishing any passengers behind me - I'm kind of tall and need to lean back a bit in order to fit.

>Fuck that cuckery. That screams "my wife wouldn't let me get the big boy truck"

>being such a cuck that you have to buy the "big boy truck" because you're consumed with worry about other people thinking you're a fag

We have these in Canada, They should be available in the US too. They probably don't sell because they suck dick. You're better off getting a real truck like a international. That tiny 4 cylinder diesel thing doesn't really work in North America.

You're arguing with the kind of person who would love to own pic related because they're terrified that people will find out that they have a tiny dick.

The hell of it is that there are enough of these insecure pussies in the world that truck manufacturers have decided to make ALL trucks look as aggressive and huge as possible.

FFS, I just want a normal truck that does the job, does it well, does it reliably and nothing more. But noooo, I'm going to have to buy something that looks like the fucking Death Star the next time I have to buy a truck because of all of these micro-dicked pantswetters.

Uh, this pic.

t. drives a straight piped stanced miata

Isn't driving a sports car compensating as well? What about your $5000 gaming computer? You're compensating right?

Lots of assumptions there....

No, I drive a boring old F150. I got a LS400 for non-work cruising. My computer is a 7 year old...Asus. Nothing special.

I'm not saying that everyone should be 100% practical all the time, but buying some big ass Tonka truck just because hurr durr I'm a man everyone look how manly i am is donk/stance tier.

OTOH if you drive a Miata, you have to accept that everyone is going to assume that you're really good at styling women's hair.

Someones upset he didnt get the 6.5' bed.

>posters saying short beds are useless

Top shelf laugh. I haul shit in the back of mine constantly, it depends on what you use it for.It's mainly modern ones you see that are never used beyond hauling people or going to the grocery store.

Pic unrelated my long bed, but my short bed gets used just as much.

Don't forget short beds with the big tool box things in the back. Congrats on your 4-foot bed lol

Wow I didn't know there were differences like this.

But yeah I wouldn't buy one for the work but just for the showoff. I like trucks and right now am in plans to get a new Tacoma. I'm just waiting for my buddy at Toyota for a great deal.

I beg to differ. As much as I don't like a short bed quad cab, it has value outside of hard work. My wife got a four door Ram 1500 for several reasons. Beyond having the best interior and amenities, it has an ass ton of utility. She works an office job. But frequently drives throughout our city and works out of the truck. The interior space and numerous storage options really help with that.

The bigger thing is that the bed facilitates her hobbies. She likes doing carpentry projects and does a lot of shopping at Lowe's. The shorter bed means she has ample space to haul lumber and other supplies while keeping her overall MPG reasonable.

With the shorter wheelbase, she also has less strain when the truck is loaded down. It was more than capable of pulling a trailer carrying my old D150 while the bed and rear of the cab (with the seats folded down) were fully loaded.

It's not as applicable for really heavy duty work, but why the fuck would you buy a half ton for hard labor?

Do your research and enjoy your rig! If you're getting a 2016 or 2017 you'll have no problem getting a long bed if you get access-cab. If you get a double-cab then you'll have to make decisions. They come in both.

>just for the showoff
then what difference does the bed length make?