Is buying an automatic miata for the aesthetic legit or are autistic losers on Veeky Forums going to judge me for it?

Is buying an automatic miata for the aesthetic legit or are autistic losers on Veeky Forums going to judge me for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OnCuE1X_Hoc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It affects performance a bit and the overall experience significantly and I think buying it for the look and no other reason is therefore dumb, especially since I think it doesn't look better.

don't buy a car based on what people on Veeky Forums think of you. buy what you want.

The Miata sucks in terms of power, but the automatic takes that to the limit by removing the control you would have over what little power there is in it.

It's like 5k and it looks a lot better than your typical sameface car. It also has better visibility than a contemporary coupe or sports car.

>Worried about Veeky Forums judging
>Veeky Forums full of autistic losers

Go buy a Sentra douche.

the aesthetic of an automatic shifter?

The car is impractical because sacrifices were made in order to make it so light / handle so well / react to inputs so well.

If you aren't interested in carving corners at 120mph with the rear wagging out then why buy one?

I mean, they're fun even at normal speeds and (I think) they look great, but you're losing a lot of utility by going miata and the fuel economy isn't fantastic either.

But if you get one... at least I'd respect you more than someone who bought an auto normiebox.

Not to mention someone that isn't a manlet can't fit in one

is the sentra the most generic looking car?

get an automatic with retractable hard top

if i saw it on the street i'd think "you have good taste sir"

oh and also you can still shift with the manual mode and paddle shifters should you wish to impress someone who gives a shit about that kind of thing

but user...
god help you if you get the exterior in anything but black paint

Any car enthusiast will question why you made a bad decision, they'll mostly be respectful about it but Veeky Forums won't.
Do what you want.

I am not a car enthusiast. I just don't want to look like a fag.

I don't have a lot of shit to haul around and I have 0 friends so "practicality is not really an issue for me. This car is cheaper for me to buy than a civic. I guess because it's an "enthusiast" car and the auto transmission makes it extremely undesirable to its market niche.

It's far more aesthetic with the manual though

>I just don't want to look like a fag.
>Wants to buy a Miata

>caring what autistic losers on Veeky Forums think

One guess to who the real loser is.

Proof that OP is always a fag

>buy miata
>forsake a massive chunk of why the miata is good
i dont get what A E S T H E T I C you're going for?

It's no doubt I am a loser. I guess I just want to project an image of something other than the bland piece of shit that I truly am. Everyone at the office knows that I don't drive. Well I have my license, but if I pull up in the parking lot with a Toyota corolla, a Honda Civic, or some sort of minivan, it will only confirm that I am a bland subhuman. Whenever I try to express myself, I end up not doing it because I want to be reserved and modest. With clothes, I can't really express myself because I don't have the frame to wear most nice clothes; my vehicle will be the next best thing. I need this, guys. Okay, so a Miata isn't a good beater. What do I buy that won't make me look subhuman?

Honestly: Buying a non-manual Miata IS THE MOST RETARDED THING I've ever read here on this idiotic board. And I really mean it.

Holy shit that's extremely mean thing to say, bro.

Honestly dude, go to some dealerships and test drive what catches your eye

r00d

there aren't a lot of two seater convertibles in that price range user. even with the auto the miata's always going to be a rock solid option

I mean you'd be taking what makes the miata a good car and throwing it away, but if you really need to broadcast to the world I take it up the ass and I'm also too stupid to learn stick an automatic miata might be the perfect car for you.

>Working in an office
Everyone that works in one is subhuman pile of trash. Fucking quit, I used to have an office job and the work environment was toxic as fuck. You can earn more shekels doing other shit and be comfy. Do yourself a favor and do something else.

no one can see you shift/not shift outside the car when you're driving
and anyone in the passenger seat isn't going to care

>wants THE driver's car out there, Miata=fun
>pics auto because his retarded burger-brain can't handle manual

Another cheeseburger-monkey spotted.
Does pic related scare you, Bob?

I've tried it. It's actually extremely uncomfortable. What if you're on a sloped road in traffic? You're going to fucking roll back because you literally have to hold the clutch at the point where the car vibrates. Under normal circumstances (relatively flat surface), the bite point doesn't vibrate; your RPMs drop and your engine gets a little quieter. It starts you moving. The point where you sense a vibration means you're very close to stalling. This is the point you NEED to reach to take off on a hill.

>automatic miata

I hope you're gay.

I thought manual miatas were the gayest since you like to manhandle the stick

I'd put 350hp behind that automatic miata's transmission and see what's what

actually that's pretty beautiful, i wish more manual's looked like that instead of the little uncut knob

lol

but seriously, automatics are fine, and with paddle shifters or a manual override and rev matching you get the same experience

>oh god wait! inb4 this conversation devolves into a penis discussion

but most of the time its a fucking placebo.

>paddle shifters or a manual override and rev matching you get the same experience

How the fuck do I clutch kick? I want to skid easily at a low speed.

i dunno, never owned one, i've owned/driven only four cars in my whole life
lexus rx300
volvo s70 glt
honda civic ex-l coupe
mercury sable

every one of em was a comfy chill ride, so i guess my criteria for judging cars evolved concurrently

It's only "extremely comfortable" if you're literally retarded, or you're new and think it'll be as hard once you've done it for about a week. In which case you're also literally retarded.

extremely uncomfortable*

THIS. I FUCKING HATE THIS.
I'm an average height of 6'2 and my ass has to be on the edge of the seat, with my knees digging into the panels.
Fuck this autism

>are autistic losers on Veeky Forums going to judge me for it?
everyone on earth is going to judge you on it

you push the brake and gas at the same time?

it is unnecessary, it really is ... prove me wrong if you disagree

nah just butthurt euros

fucking checked! also, i agree.
i think modern automatics are better than manual transmissions in every way.

Not sure why you'd get a low-powered, relatively slow, light roadster without the sports car component. What aesthetic are you referring to at that point? Do you really think the Miata is a physically attractive car strictly from a design standpoint?

Not OP but what do u do now?

>Wants automatic for the aesthetic, claims not to be autistic

OP doesn't care about looks, he is just too DAMN STUPID to shift.

You burgers are embarrassing, you really are.

Remind me again why you don't want a manual transmission?

>caring what a bunch of shit head autists on an indonesian frog posting board think about your life decisions

You're better than that.

what's so great about doing your own shifting?

looks breddy slick to me senpai

Bought one

They looked good online but even better when I saw one in person. Very aesthetic cars, mine turns heads wherever I go

Yes, you're rev matching and breaking at the same time

1. I don't drive manual well. I taught myself not to stall very often, but my shifting is awful - jerky, I always disrupt traffic because I don't shift fast enough). I don't rev match. I can't consistently start from very steep hills using the clutch.

2. There generally aren't many miatas available for sale where I am, but a couple of those that I found are very cheap and manual.

sounds retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=OnCuE1X_Hoc

>a shitposter in a Cantonese furry-costum sewing forum knows better than a Group B rallying legend

absolutely no chill

Without the manual it's literally the gayest car ever.