About to buy a 2011 genesis coupe 3.8 manual with pretty low miles

about to buy a 2011 genesis coupe 3.8 manual with pretty low miles

anyone have experience with them?
should I not?

It's a worse Mustang with no V8 option

it's shit. Go buy literally any other RWD coupe. They'll be more reliable.

is this just blind hate because its a Hyundai? because I don't hear people having lots of problems with the genesis

>plastic valve cover

Long Post Guy worked at a dealership until recently. He once went on a rant about how the Genesis starts to fall apart at 60k due to the shit build quality

>I don't hear people having lots of problems with the genesis
you haven't been looking very hard then

just get a 4cyl mustang kiddo

This is a "I know a guy" story but I know a guy who had to use the 100k mile warranty because the engine blew at like 60k miles

There are literally male genitals on the car.

2013-16 3.8 r-spec is literally the only Genesis coupe worth looking twice at. Even then id question anything like this second hand. I havent met a Genesis owner that hasnt beat the living shit out of the vehicle on a nightly basis. Theyre fun for sure, but also relatively cheap so they tend to attract a certain buyer.

I own a 2012.

Only issue I had with my car is some plastic interior pieces rattle in the winter from the cold.

fuck me thats ugly

Do it. The KDM scene is hot right now, you won't regret it.

Only thing better might be the Veloster turbo but anything Hyundai rips.

This is fact.

>plastic valve cover

this

I have a 2015 and can tell you with certainty that the BK1 (2009-2012) are terrible vehicles. If you're going to get any Genesis, get a 2013-14 BK2 with the 2.0T.

Genesis-es are generally fair vehicles as far as what you get. The one I have (3.8 R-Spec) comes with these goodies:
- Brembo brakes + calipers
- Stainless steel brake lines
- LSD
- dual exhaust
- avail. turn off TSC (full analog)
- carbon coated synchros
- leather, bolstered seats

Specs are:
- roughly 340hp at the crank with 350 lb/ft @ 3500 rpm (200 hp & 210 lb/ft @ 4500? in the 2.0T but room for tuning)
- 0-60 in 5.4s
- 3300 lbs
- 55/45 weight dist.

But overall I can't say they're excellent. Better than a mustang, at least.

I'm 35k into mine with absolutely no issues, purchased new

true, I do like to run mine hard. Genesis aftermarket is medium-good but a very bad culture around the cars, think WRX, Civic, etc.

Korean Car scene is shit. Also can people stop with this DM shit now? JDM, USDM, EDM. It's now GDM. Litterally all cars worth mentioning are global or have global variants. This ain't the 90s anymore. The only true JDM car with decent outside demand is the Honda S660. And nothing from EDM or USDM

lmao I've dusted so many R-Spec 3.8's in my grandma mobile and it makes 40 less hp and 60 less torque. Plus mine will run until 250k with regular maintenance :)
Hyundai a shit

Get a fucking 86 and slap a supercharger on it.

My friend has a 2010 and he hasn't had any issues. Just keep up on maintenance and you should be fine. Veeky Forums has a hate boner for hyundai.

Those have a plastic engine cover, not a plastic valve cover you moron.

An IS350 is a 40k (entry) luxury sedan that runs mid 13's and low 5s 0-60. It is by no means a "granny mobile".

That being said if you're "dusting" 3.8 R-Spec's the drivers must be pretty fucking terrible because they test with almost identical times in reviews. That or you're full of shit.

>nothing from EDM
fuck off cunt. I want a diesel Focus ST wagon.

Shiet did I miss a LPG thread? When did he go off on the Genesis? Can I get a screen of the story

It was I think about 6 months to a year back. No story behind it. but someone asked him if they were good and he went off.

probably just hates it because it's a Hyundai

>Korean car scene is shit.
lol I bet you've never even been to a proper KDM meet.

>Also can people stop with this DM shit now?
The meaning of words changes over time, get over it. Just like how words like "JDM", "GTR", and "NSX" used to mean "quality" but now they mean "pure shit".

You're right though, it isn't the 90s anymore. It's 2017 and Kia/Hyundai is dominating the game.

this, its the underdog of the automotive world right now

Wut lol. Theyre not dominating anything. build quality is sub-par and aftermarket isnt great either. Show me some "kdm" thats dominating a track, dragstrip, or auto cross.

Kdm is the new "tuner" scene and for bench racers. They sound great on paper, and when you drive one they feel good untill about 5 maybe 8k in then they just start feeling slow? Like it's falling apart. They look cool and the specs are there but on the track they just don't make the cut. Not bad on the road but nothing to brag about.

God I hope that this thread doesn't turn into another Jap/Korean shitflinging fight like it always does

Not sure what you are smoking, but unless you have mods and a tune, you are not making that much power, let alone torque.
The most powerful 2.0T isn't near even 300 horses. Even the V6's aren't throwing down 340.

If you were really pushing that much power, your 0-60 would be under 5 seconds easy.

Also take into consideration that you have a 2015, and its just now 2017. Give it more time and mileage. You'll see how shitty those cars still are.

>Hyundai builds new model year
>Hardly and mileage on any of them
>No reliability data on newest models

HYUNDAI IS SO RELIABLE AND AMAZING. HOLY FUCK THESE NEW MODELS ARE GREAT.

I still don't understand how people make these claims. They said the same thing about the older models and they are falling apart.

Korean here. Thanks for the enthusiasm, but although Korean cars are MUCH, much better in quality than in the past, and although they are still getting better, they are not up there yet.

Well, I guess your trip "KDMfuture" makes sense I guess.

We always try to "buy Korean" to be patriotic and shit (we live in America), but it feels like Jap cars are still better by a slim margin. You can just feel it. So far we only bought Lexus, Honda, and a Nissan (from the 90's before it became Juke shit).

Might buy a hyundai in the future but that's not guaranteed.

>They said the same thing about the older models and they are falling apart

>Phallic fenestra

I'm just posting facts.

Still my favorite gun

Not him but I have been to a kdm meet and the faggots there are just as bad as any VW or Honda faggot.

The fact they are? Their reliability is crap before 100k miles. You don't need a fucking source for that.
Hyundai loves boasting "quality" but the only real awards they get are for "initial quality" which doesn't mean shit because new cars should be quality.
Hyundai makes bad engines. They don't last. To make matters worse, they are now paired up with Mitsubishi and Chrysler to share parts and research. Two motor companies plagued with a horrible track record of engine reliability as well.

Hyundai's are budget trash cars. They are bought up new, get praise, and before they can really put on the mileage, a new model year is released with an "all new design" to cast a shadow over the older shit they shilled consumers into buying.

Any car meet it full of retards.

(I'm looking at you s/o/cal guys)

>your whole post
>"You don't need a fucking source for that."

Yes you do.

>d-did you just compare straight line speed between a miata and a veloster?

also

>intentionally ignores track performance segment on comparison, the primary metric benchracing should account for.

Buyer's remorse personified....

That's an utterly retarded comparison.

But the focus st go more power and doesn't cost that much more money.

>paying more money for a car with worse aesthetics and tuning potential.

lol, no thank you. Don't even try to show up to one of our meets in that garbage Ford. We'll laugh you out of the parking lot.

>I'm looking at you s/o/cal guys

Next meet is a week from now. Meet me on the touge, gaylord.

>Going to a Hyundai meet
They won't laugh at you they will just tell you to leave them alone in their safe space.