What foreign car brands do you think will come to America in the future? Not necessarily Chinese

What foreign car brands do you think will come to America in the future? Not necessarily Chinese.

Other urls found in this thread:

africaranking.com/top-10-african-car-manufacturers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastretta
mastrettacars.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Skoda. They're already taken out US patents for the Superb, Yeti, and Octavia.

Aren't Skodas now known for their quality? They used to on par with Fiats in the 50's and Hyundais in the 80's in therms of cheapness.

HERES TO WISHING FOR SKODA WAGONNNSNNNSNSNSNSS

Hopefully it's a European company. We don't need more Chinese/Korean crap

if digits lada

I want a daihatsu

well I'm gonna import a twingo in 2018

for brands entering the US market, Im pretty sure Citroën is gonna come over

Pls let this happen and not built in Mejico

Suzuki comeback.

They are already testing the waters with the new Vitara.

not so much a brand but Ford Australia's line up seems to be coming to the US. albeit some models will probably be rebadged

as for actual brands TATA and other indian manufacturers

I don't think it would be cost effective for VAG to sell them in the US unless they utilized at least some cheapo Mexican labor, as Skodas are cheaper than VW equivalents, though if the Trump tax actually happens I expect they'll cancel their US market entry plans. There's not really anything wrong with Mexican build quality IMO. The only issue I have with cars Made in Mexico is that they could be built here and be generating jobs here, but economics and Unions make that slightly problematic. I hope they find some middle ground and we get them here, like maybe by importing parts from Mexico to keep costs down but performing assembly at the VW factory here in the US that builds the Passat.

>not so much a brand but Ford Australia's line up seems to be coming to the US.

I'm pretty excited that we're getting the AUS designed Bronco/Everest and Ranger. I only wish they'd have launched the Falcon here before it ended production. Supposedly Lincoln is building a four door based on the Mustang platform and I hope a non-luxury derivative Ford branded variant comes out of that vehicle.

VW's in the US are sold at a premium because VW constantly pushes themselves upmarket. Their cars frequently jump into Audi territory price-wise.
VW has been considering adding Skoda to America since the dieselgate scandal. Skoda is virtually unknown to Americans and therefore the name isn't tainted by the dieselgate scandal. Even if the US market Skodas weren't built in Mexico, it's likely they'd still pull a profit because anything VW is way overpriced in America to start with. They have plenty of room to offer cheaper cars without cutting into profits to the point of loss.

I really think Renault should come back to America
They would do pretty well now with their new Talisman and all of their new Crossovers

Nissan's are pretty much Renault's now, no need for them to comeback and Ghosn knows it

If they made the Escudo Hill Climb Special a production car I'd buy one on the spot

I just want a Swift, we never got the swift

Revive the Hillman brand and introduce to USA

>What foreign car brands do you think will come to America in the future?

They will need dealership locations all over.

If the brand is already owned by an existing company such as VAG, then it will be easy. Those cars would appear at existing VAG dealerships that decided to add the option.

If the brand (eg. chinese) is a competitor, they cannot come if they don't have a dealership network as well as expensive real estate locations with permits all bought and constructed. Dealer lots are large and pretty much any good all new location is no longer available at an affordable price for many cities.

So the ones that come over will have to purchase an existing dealership chain or slowly buy land and wait a few years for enough properties and permits to be purchased before building out dealerships.

Peugeot

Peugeot and Citroen are planning on re-entering the American market, although not anytime soon.

Why dont latinos have their own car brands?

Peugeot/Citroen. PSA sponsored my company's christmas party and one of their guys said that they will bring their cars to the US in the near future (2 years). If I had to bet my money on a specific car, it would be the C4 Cactus.

Mexico has Mastretta.

Maybe 30 years ago, Skodas are cheaper VWs now, they even get the most up to date platforms like VW and Audi use.

Passenger car brands*

Lada

If Trump sells the United States to Putin, as he plans to do, probably Lada.

>Why dont latinos have their own car brands?
Why don't africanos have their own car brands?

>necessarily Chinese.
Chinese have already landed years ago by making municipal buses and maintenance equipment and systems that the various bus systems use.

Nigeria does.

WHAT HE SAID

WAGONS
A
G
O
N
S

>Why don't africanos have their own car brands?

They do. See the top-10 african car manufacturers. Nigeria has a lot of oil revenuel
africaranking.com/top-10-african-car-manufacturers/

Even North Korea has its own car factory.

would rather have my vehicle built by a hard-working mexican than a white redneck named Cleetus desu senpai

If you attack mexican or chinese made stuff, you can expect to be accused of racism in the future. The attitudes seem to be getting more and more nasty about trying to get people doxed and fired from their jobs with anti-racism.

Americans/Mexicans/Chinese are shit at building cars.

BUY JAPANESE

Forgot pic

This.

They're complete mess of a car mate, speaking from experience. I'd spend my money on something a bit more fun and well-made.

mastretta went out of business years ago.

America did get the swift. 1988-2001. They're just a LOT harder to find than their Geo/Chevy Metro sister car.

no... they're still in business
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastretta
mastrettacars.com/

Kys

A lot of the reliability has to do with the robustness of the parts. The chinese are very much into removing any "over engineering" of parts. To them in their own country, honoring warranty is bad and often avoided by use of technicalities. So that's why their attitude of removing over-engineering works for them to this point.

For a part that is warranted to last 3 years, the ideal amount of profit (assuming all warranty was covered and not denied) is to have the part fail at 3 years + 1 day. Then, there was only 1 day's worth of over-engineering put into the part. Any amount of cost put into a part to make it last longer than 3 years is a waste of profit.

For a long time, USA parts were over-engineered. Longevity was part of the pride and higher cost of said parts. But competition with chinese suppliers has forced removal of a lot of over-engineering. Since the chinese supply many canadian and mexican parts suppliers, competition with canada and mexico is often actually a competition with chinese suppliers whose parts are rebadged.

I hope he does, and gets rid of enforced safety, so i can have a niva

The SX4 is pretty damn close.

>They will need dealership locations all over.
They only need to buy up the FCA dealerships and then they will very quickly have an established set of dealerships in good locations. It is difficult for new dealership chains to start up now since there are no big swatches of land for auto lots in "auto row" zones of cities. The other issue is many dealers have grandfathered permits. To start up new environmental hazardous waste permits is both expensive and takes a year or 3 years if the activists block each step of approval. So it's easiest and cheapest if the chinese just wait until FCA dies to buy up the pieces without paying for the pieces that have pensions or other obligations. Just let the former workers eat their debt and cry.

>If Trump sells the United States to Putin
The chinese are the ones flush with cash. Not Putin.

>If Trump sells the United States to Putin, as he plans to do, probably Lada.
That won't happen because Russia is not officially declared as one with the USA's Most Favored Nation trading status which President Clinton granted to China (after they made donations).

Good post

My company suffered from chinese bolts that were mislabeled to have greater toughness than they actually had. Of course, that meant they could sell those bolts for a much higher price especially since most people do not have testing facilities to verify parts contain the proper alloy content, is not polluted by lead, or has the required mininum hardness.

Somebody has got to explain to my how the fuck Buick is at the top of reliability lists while other GM brands are further down the list?

What is Buick doing differently that makes them better?

Most Buick's are owned by 60+ year olds who do 2000 miles a year and take care of their shit. Of course they're going to be reliable with no issues compared to to other manufactures cars that gets driven hard and abused doing 20 000 miles a year.

>Somebody has got to explain to my how the fuck Buick is at the top of reliability lists

You MUST know, even though your post showed you didn't realize it, that cars are more reliable if they are:
1. Maintained
2. Not Hooned
3. Not Redlined every hour
4. Not driven on bumpy roads or off road for fun

Those four items above are typically NOT part of the older conservative type of owner that maintains their cars. Thus, any car model that is predominantly purchased by those owners is going to exhibit greater reliability over their lifespan. You know it's true. Abused cars are less reliable. You also know that is true.

Lynk & Co and also Citroen/Peugeot.

It will be chinese.

They are slighty moded, more boring VW.
Why are you guys so excited about them?

Most likely hoping that they bring their performance wagons here.

In all honesty, mitsubishi's truck and montero/pajero twins, they would actually have a reason for people to buy them.

>I really think Renault should come back to America
The problem is dealerships and service centers to handle them. That can be wedged into other dealerships that the giant corporation owns, but diluting other brands like nissan is not desirable, right? And those dealers and service centers might occur at the expense of existing dealerships because land would be carved out next to those existing dealerships.

>Americans/Mexicans/Chinese are shit at building cars.
americans just need more frequent drug testing. instead of only at the time they join the company, do testing once per year and the P.E. or any blood test can cause updates to the results for cost savings on testing.

had a brand new chery subcompact for 2 years.
cheaper and more equipped than equivalent south american competitors. same or better build quality.
apart from a minor issue with the ac, no complains.

>had a brand new chery subcompact for 2 years.
So you got rid of it while it still had warranty left. It would be bad if it had defects in any major subsystem in the first 3 years. How much did it cost? What option level did you get?

because I wanna drive a Yeti through a burning building while enjoying an ice cream

I like your sense of adventure!

>station wagon
>burgerland
Pick one

L200 is too small and too japanese.
Pajero might work, I dunno

>Not necessarily Chinese.
Well, since you disallow chinese examples, then it will be brands that don't need all new dealerships and distribution centers to be opened. That's expensive.

That means co-owned brands. For example, volkswagon owns Skoda. Thus, skoda cars could show up at existing volkswagon dealerships and be taken care of at volkswagon service centers and parts distribution warehouses. Since it has the same owner, dealers are not put off like if you had a volkswagon dealer also sell a make owned by BMW. That would be heresy.

>What foreign car brands do you think will come to America in the future

Other than VW possibly bringing out Skoda to fill in for diminished sales and inventory parking spots for diesels, other established car companies won't bother. There's no need to dilute existing makes with new makes. Instead, if there is inventory and sales room, the manufacturers would bring out new models instead of makes.

It's only the chinese that would bring out wholly new car brands to the USA. They already quietly have the hybrid bus market.

Not exactly a new brand but rather growth of a brand. Fiat is being stupid with making a ton of versions of the 500, all they need to do is bring over their other cars

Pic related

They can't simply introduce EU models without worrying about cannibalizing sales though. And new models might make problems if they are reverse imported into mexico. Don't know what kinds of contracts they've signed about not cross-selling into dealer territories.

Fiat already plans to bring the Tipo to America...
just not as a Fiat. It's going to replace the Dart

LatAm has a bunch of manufacturers, both owned by foreign companies (Ford, GM, VW, etc) or domestically owned that build licensed designs or assemble knock down kits. I'd say Latin America has no own "brands" because domestic products are usually seen as low quality and that muh national product stuff doesn't sell at all.

>They're already taken out US patents for the Superb, Yeti, and Octavia.
With a name like Superb, it is doomed to fail. Just like that Acura Vigor. Got to have names that a gay person would not use for a car.

Source?