What car has the biggest difference between the base and top model

What car has the biggest difference between the base and top model

pic very related

Other urls found in this thread:

botb.com/botb_recommends/all_time_supercars/jaguarxj220.aspx)
youtube.com/watch?v=l9qDMtN2zN4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbEeAnjIhrA
youtube.com/watch?v=T0oXZm2iOzg
youtube.com/watch?v=BGC1G_MIE8c
youtube.com/watch?v=GWdFAqssv1A
youtube.com/watch?v=Mca9Wp4QzAc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anything from 3-cylinder shitbox to 300hp AWD shitbox.

Volkswagen are alot of things but a "shitbox" is not one of them

Mitsubishi Lancer/Mirage and Lancer Evo 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
The Evos were so different they used a different fucking floorpan. 7-9 Evo's used the same floorpan as 4-6 Evo's. 4-6 style base model Lancers/Mirages used a different floorpan from 7-9 style Lancers

man cars especially Japanese ones used to evolve so naturally , what happened?

the 2006 Honda Civic happened.
The change from the EM2/ES1 style cars to the FG1/FA3 style cars was just so fucking drastic. Suddenly everyone had to make radical redesigns on their next cars.

Anything from a classic fwd nip shitbox coupe to the 300hp group a rally monster

sharing similar chassis architecture doesn't make it the same car. And they are both bloody fantastic so I'm not sure if your response fits the question

Go drive one of those stripped-out euro-market base model 3-cylinder Golfs and say that again.

Yeah, Shitboxes actually run and do the job.

The Rover 75/MG ZT
You could have a transverse FWD I4 or V6.
Or you could have a longitudinal RWD muscle sedan with a Ford Mustang V8.

The ford focus

Those V8 ZTs were actually a pretty good car.

Austin Metro, you should have seen the top model :^)

Renault clio

>100hp fwd shitbox
>120hp fwd 99% of the time shitbox

I dont see the difference

The mk2 focus rs is 350hp fwd shitbox 100% of the time

You mean 280hp

kek

I don't get it

I assume because its a XJ220 he's referring to the standard xj

What?

Where could the Evo go after 10? It was a fantastic platform to build on.

The 370Z faces the same fate.

That's the mk3, he posted the mk2.

> awd

> fwd biased awd

I have the gen 5 Haldex system in my golf R, its pretty impressive and incredibly grippy.

I prefer my non gimmicky full time AWD. Fuck slipping awd all the time.

My last car was permanent AWD, it had no advantage compared to the latest haldex system. Ive had no torque steer, excessive understeer or heavy wheel spinning and have saved a fair amount of fuel because of it.

Base v6 challenger/charger vs hellcat.

>Porsche 911 Carrera base price
>$89,400
>Porsche 911 GT3 RS with all possible options checked
>$221,815
$1,720 for color coded air vent slats on the dashboard.

you are driving a FWD car until it loses traction, only then does it put toque to all wheels.

I think later generations of Haldex have some "predictive" computer trickery so it doesn't just wait until the front breaks traction.

In the last generation they literally had the same doors, only the front clip and dashboard were visually different. They finally bothered to give the Escalade its own sheet metal, but I can guarantee you that underneath it's still three quarters Chevy parts bin.

This. Porsche blows all the other manufactures out of the water when it comes to insane amounts of versions of one car. They're honestly not even the same car anymore but whatever.

Fucking krauts

It's because "3.5 L V6 based on the engine used in the Austin Metro 6R4 rally car" (botb.com/botb_recommends/all_time_supercars/jaguarxj220.aspx)

ok so it puts torque to all wheels a bit earlier.

ironically the base model is the most desirable atleast among enthusiasts

Or the ultra-limited 911R.

I was skeptical at first, but I realised how god damn agile the car is and its all weather performance is as good as permanent awd.

The mk3 is 350hp awd lmao

R32 GTR vs R32 GXi

300~hp TT I6 in the gtr, 90hp 1.8 4 banger in the GXi

youtube.com/watch?v=l9qDMtN2zN4

yeah pretty basic

6.5 owner reporting in

So different, it's like it's made by an entirely different company.

How is it user?

this, I have a top of the line civic and its an amazing car. comfy and nice with good mileage and whatever performance.

This. I remember when the new Civic came out in 2006. It was all anyone could talk about. And why not. It literally looked like a fucking spaceship next to anything else out at the time. And the interior of the thing further cemented that idea.

why did everyone back in the 90s and early 2000's froth over these?

ausfag here we never modded them as far as i am aware.

biggest difference?

the dodge ram

base specs
3.6L V6 305hp/269 tq
8 speed transmission
3.21 rear end ratio
2 doors
6 foot long bed
2 wheel drive

or you can get
6.7L straight six
385hp/865tq
6 speed transmission
4 doors
8' bed
6 wheels
4.10 rear axle
air suspension on all corners

i mean, besides the name and some details it's almost a whole new vehicle

Predicative on what? Systems based on feedback control loops have latency by design.

And Honda did it again with their new Civic. It's so damn angular.

The Neon was a revolution in its class here stateside. They were very light, but they had among the highest horsepower in their class. Keep in mind, We didn't get any turbo Subarus until the GD WRX in 2002 and we didn't get the STI until 2004 (the same year we got our first Lancer Evolution), and the only turbo Mitsubishis we had were the DSM triplets (Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, and Plymouth Laser) which were strictly classed as sports cars. Also remember the top of the line Honda Civic here was a 127 HP 1.6L.
And then in 1995, here comes Dodge of all people with a new compact sedan and coupe with an all new 2.0L SOHC 16 valve engine making 130 HP standard on base models. And to make it better they started adding in sport variants. First came the lighter coupe which had stiffer suspension. This just enhanced the Neons abilities by leaps and bounds considering it was one of 3 cars in its class with an IRS. Reviewers often claimed the Neon handled like a sports car. Then came the true performance variant, the ACR. You should know what ACR stands for by now. It was essentially a homologation special for SCCA showroom stock racing. That racing class mandated that aside from stripped interiors, roll cages, and safety equipment, the car had to be showroom stock. The ACR added bespoke suspension, and a new DOHC variant of the 2.0L making 150 HP. The only car in its class at this point with more power was the Chevrolet Cavalier Z24, which used a 2.4L Quad 4 variant to make 155 HP.
And then the ACR dominated SCCA racing.
and people took notice. That fun and fast reputation followed the Neon until it was killed off after 2005.
Then in 1998, they made a more streetable version of the ACR with more comfort features and called it the Neon R/T.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbEeAnjIhrA
youtube.com/watch?v=T0oXZm2iOzg
youtube.com/watch?v=BGC1G_MIE8c
youtube.com/watch?v=GWdFAqssv1A
youtube.com/watch?v=Mca9Wp4QzAc

The new Civic knows exactly what consumer its aimed at. It's a very edgy, agressive style. But it stands out.

neons are underrated gems

Also, here's a little known fact. The engine in the Neon was a joint effort between Chrysler and Mitsubishi. The overall block and rotating assembly were evolved variants of the K-car 2.2L and 2.5L SOHC 8V engines.
Mitsubishi used their experience with the 4G63 to develop the 16 valve cylinder heads for the Neon. A reverse flow variant of the Neon 2.0L SOHC (with the intake and exhaust sides reversed) was actually the base model engine in the Eclipse and Talon from 1995-1999 in the United States.

Actually, the Neon chassis was also an evolution of the K-car platform. The steering rack from the later P-variant Dodge Shadow and Plymouth Sundance is tighter than the Neons and bolts right on. It's been speculated, but never tested, that the Neon's IRS would bolt right up to the back of a Sundance/Shadow

We also got the 3000GT/GTO

>that one time dodge stuck a viper engine in the ram

>germans are the new jews

Oh, the irony...

jesus that turd is ugly
more ugly than usual

200 hp 4 cylinder diesel

or

620 hp twin turbo v12

Then people tried to tow things with it and nuked the tranny.

The challanger

This, and technically It was made by a different company Chrysler PVO

this is the only correct answer

Anything german.

Yea like no comparison between 1.8 St and GT4

RHD? Imported? More details user I'm after one so hard

HR34 and the GT-R V-Spec Nur

if this was considered a spaceship look in america, i wonder what they would have thought of the european version :D

Yeah and costs like $110k. And people are ready to buy it like doves.

Classy.

>CA18DE
>4 speed auto

whoa

That's up there with the E34:
518i with about 115hp at one end, M5 obviously at the other

>my neigbour DDs one just like pic related
>for some reason I never witness the car running though
>one day I walk past it while he refills the windshield water thing
>see slanted four cylinder engine, oh well at least it's efficient
>say hi to neighbour
>look back while walking away
>another four cylinders on the other side of the engine

Turns out the dude has a 540i wagon with a six speed and kiddie seats in the back. noice

This nigga right here

>at the bottom, EU spec Impreza base model
>1.6, 95 hp, 5 speed, 4wd, dual range (2 speed transfer box)
>There may have been fwd variants in other markets
>I you think that's slow, the following generation imprezas were available with very similar engines, but their bodies were 150-200kg heavier

Owned a 1.6 wagon for a while, was a decent but slow shitbox

The euro top-spec model was the 210-220 hp GT, basically a predecessor to the WRX

On the japanese market they obviously had the WRX STis, RAs, widebody 22b etc. Makes for a nice contrast to the shitboy mentioned above

forgot pic

The turbo makes the beast come alive.

>fwd Subaru

Wait, this actually was a thing?

I just realized that it looks like a Volvo.

Who do you think actually own those brands?

I think this is the winner right here; fuel injection, self-leveling rear suspension, 6 speed Getrag manual, factory widebody, and that orgasmic Recaro interior.

and the center console

Also to mention that 2nd Gen stage 3 Neons are literally one of the fastest cars in its class. Some had been reported to get nearly 400hp and have insane 0-60s.

It was the interior that sold it as a spaceship. Compare this to what everyone else was making at the time.

> wonder what they would have thought of the european version
It's shit. Your Civic Type R got the same engine as our Civic Si coupe and sedan of the time, but put them together and the American cars are better.
The Euro Civic switched to a Torsion Beam rear axle.
The American and Japanese Civics continued on with a double wishbone independent rear suspension.

Subarus didn't get standard AWD in America until 1995. Before that it was optional. No clue about other countries though. So even in America, if you look old enough, you CAN find a FWD Impreza.

he was talking about the looks

I will say I love the European version's door handles. Would love to put those on a US style Civic.