What's some Veeky Forums recommended reading?

What's some Veeky Forums recommended reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

golibgen.io/
abebooks.co.uk
gen.lib.rus.ec/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Das Kapital

Only two books you need.

Anything from Milton Friedman, Capitalism and Freedom is good

Agreed.
Free to Choose is a mighty fine book. It changed my perspective of economics at a young age, and I never looked back since.

In addition to op's fine choice

Supposedly 12 books Jeff Bezos recommends.

>1. The Remains of the Dayby Kazuo Ishiguro
>2. Sam Walton: Made in Americaby Sam Walton
>3. Memos from the Chairmanby Alan Greenberg and Warren Buffet
>4. The Mythical Man Month: Essays on Software Engineeringby Frederick Brooks
>5. Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companiesby Jim Collins
>6. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’tby Jim Collins
>7. Creation: Life and How to Make Itby Steve Grand
>8. The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Failby Clayton Christensen
>9. The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvementby Eliyahu Goldratt
>10. Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporationby James Womack and Daniel Jones
>11. Data Driven Marketing: The 15 Metrics Everyone in Marketing Should Knowby Mark Jeffery
>12. The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbableby Nassim Taleb

I've seen many lectures by Clay Christensen and recommend. He always was apparently a big influence on Steve Job's second bout as Apple CEO.

Rich Dad Poor Dad

Currently reading a book called "How to Kill a Unicorn" despite it basically being a advertisement for a consulting firm it's actually quite informative about how you find develop new product opportunities and align operations and customer needs.

The title, disappointingly, doesn't refer to billion-dollar valued start ups, but rather to solutions that require perfect conditions, perfect execution. Ya know: impossible. It talks about how the restrictions of pragmatism actually focus and speed up creative problem solving, not a hindrence

This

I have £100 per month to spend from bennies (18 yo). Was gonna invest in a startup (car washing) but environment laws in uk stopped that going. So next best investment is books right? Local library has fuck all. Can't find these on youtube to listen to and hate reading on electronics. Anything to add and remove?

Why would you spend 45% of your monthly income on books? Perhaps spend a fraction of that on just one book instead.

nothibg to spend it on. I want to start a business but no capital for ecommerce. And it would tske me a year to save up enough to get stsrted. Could earn more in a month from a job but i see no reason to work minimum wage. Basicall was set on car wash but thats a nogo. Was thinking of shoveling snow for people.Would have rrally enjoyed car washing too. sorry for typos im on phone. I like reading and do get carried away
. 1 book is good i guess but there is so msny i cant decide.

You have to be 18 to post here.

I didn't know middle aged housewives browse here

im 18 kys

>but i see no reason to work minimum wage.
er, maybe so you can earn more than £100 per month which is frankly pathetic. Even working 2 or 3 days part time a week you'd have your startup capital much quicker. Then the other free days you can use to start building up your business. Boom, instantly two income streams instead of relying on handouts from the Government. Where you go from there is your choice. You don't need books, you need brains.

>The Remains of the Day
I read this years ago and it is an extremely good book. Sounds cheesy but it literally changed the way I viewed my life (probably not in the way the author intended or in a way that would be useful for an aspiring Veeky Forumsnessman, but still).

Recommend it.

I've got The Buried Giant by the same author sitting on my bookshelf, looking at it now as I type. Was an impulse buy, back when I thought I was going to read a lot of fiction again.

these are my essential six.

6/10. I kek'd
Next time I'd pick a background, maybe add some "epic" fonts or imagery so people think you're actually genuine.

Typical adolescent response there.

>dad
>wife

I want to puke every time I see Kiyosaki but he can good for a very young person who grew with a certain mindset.
But never go beyond his first book.

I can't be bothered m8. Too much effort in sending CVs. I've tried and I suck at interaction. That's why I need books. I know 100 is fuck all so I'm spending it on books.

Just gonna raise the capital by developing smartphone apps. I just need 1000 bucks

Lad. Just get a job. You're literate so that should be doable.

Fancy doing YouGov surveys lad? Extra £50 every few months. minimal effort. Can give you a referral code to get bonus points (exchangeable for cash).

>tfw made £1700 a month when I was 18
>now 20 and make over £100 a month in passive income (not a trustie)
Are you even trying?

I can't get a paypal. Uk laws here means I make below minimum wage. The only job I could get is a retail job. I'd be getting at best £6 an hour.

Should I make myself more valuable? Like learn programming, web development, marketing and sales? Or is that a wasted effort and I need a degree to get hired?

I'm in college but have 4 days of free time. No idea what the fuck to spend my time on.

You can't get a PayPal? Get personal one not a business one? I had one when I made nothing. You could always be liberal with the truth if there's a minimum income required, not that I'd encourage lying....

if you're that keen on books just buy a kindle/ereader and pirate them off the internet for free

Considered apprenticeships?
I'm 20. No degree. Make £35k. Go for good ones in blue chip companies with career progression and be bright and enthusiastic and you'll go far.

I do want an apprenticeship. I want to earn my money I do. And I need the experience because my CV has literally nothing on it. I can't even volenteer because I have no experience.

I've never been taught how to do interviews. They ask me why I want the job and I have no idea what to say other than I want money. My honestly is honestly a negative trait of mine. I see no reason to bullshit saying that I want to change motor oil every day or something.

I got my electrical apprenticeship by doing TA work for free for this local guy for two weeks, just make it sound like an extra pair of hands for nothing and someone will be happy to take you on, show enthusiasm and initiative and you will either be offered a job or come out with a very good reference

also, LIE
lie on your resume
lie in your interviews

no one gives a fuck if you''re genuine and honest, they just want to know whether you're bright enough to recite stock standard answers to boring questions-"I've always found this line of work interesting since and thought this would be a good opportunity to expand my skillset"etc etc

for these answers just google ":good answers to common interview questions" or something like that, maybe watch some youtube videos too

it might sound difficult but with just a little bit of effort (ask to speak to the business owner personally and hand your CV to him while wearing a nice shirt) and some feigned enthusiasm a decent job may be easier to come by than you think.

>implying a masculine allegorical figure wouldn't be more trusted than a female one among both genders

Accept it. Your fucking airport self help book is, by it's own author's admission, not a authoritative text and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone with ambition

Why the hell are you buying them new? Buy used for a fraction of the price.

Go on...

Here ya go sweet tits.

For sales, I liked "Never Cold Call Again"

Does it live up to it's name?

Hell yeah this book is great, best business book I've ever read and I've never seen it discussed on Veeky Forums. Now I'm reminded that I've had the second book "Seeing what's next" for months now and I need to start reading it.

For the most part.

These cucks know nothing OP, their books belong in the 1920's. If you want good reading material, which is transferrable into real-world profits, start picking through quant books instead of reading garbage that makes you feel good. Start on Quantocracy.

black swan imo

here are my essential six

. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro

Fantastic book. Not a business or investing book, but an interesting outlook on life. You can find it cheap on Amazon too.

STOP RIGHT THERE.

EITHER USE golibgen.io/ FOR DOWNLOADED BOOKS OR abebooks.co.uk FOR USED BOOKS.

DON'T BUY THEM NEW YOU RETARD.

This is THE stupidest mindset I've seen on Veeky Forums. If you "suck at interaction," keep doing it until you don't. If you "can't be bothered" without sending CVs, you're not going anywhere.

I've worked over 100 hours per week with next to no sleep / trash diet for an entire summer to pay for school, which cost a lot more money. If you put in the same effort, you'd have more than enough capital in a month.

>buys books
just fucking torrent them and convert them to MOBI and upload them to google play books, no point buying used or new books when you can get them easier and free

use bookzz and pirates bay for books, then use calibre to convert the shit pdfs and then upload them to google play books, no point in paying 100$ a month on books

DO not read anything by this fucking cuck...

Cut up your credit cards.

What a fucking cuck.

I love my cards and it's a big part of what's making me rich one day

Another vote for master race.

Says the cuck who never read it.

Fuckoff

Milton "sell all your assets to the Chinese, goy, that's real freedom" friedman

>never go beyond his first book.

Not gonna take advice from someone who hasn't read them.

May I ask if you're rich?

Agreed. His writing is for morons with zero self control.

Is there any particular industries you think it's best suited to? Too many books, don't know which ones I should invest my time into.

May read it after this other Ishiguro one

Hey are you the user you plonked down the cash to go to that seminar, right? How did it go? Would you recommend it's contents?

He reads a printed version of Forbes, of course he's rich.

Nope. But since beginning my studies I stress less about money.

Have 2 houses paid for in april.

Have credit score up from 459 to over 750.

Realistically I could be. But this year has been real tough in a lot of ways. Kinda just put my life on hold.

I threw like $500 at one but haven't taken the legit classes yet. I know I'm paying for hand holding. The $500 was a 3 day seminar intro to wtf ever class. Learned generic credit building tips and saved several thousand. Would do again /10

Online access is included.

I miss my 2 inch thick truckin' magazines ;(

gen.lib.rus.ec/ is better.

Okay. I was just curious if you felt like you got something out of it. And it sounds like you did.

It's okay if it's paying for handholding, sometimes that's what give you the trigger, the impetus, to actually go to the next step.

I don't understand why you some of you guys shit on Kiyosaki. He teaches the basics in a very simple way and encourages you to keep learning while keeping an objective mindset. This is great for someone that it's starting in this field-

Litreally anything by The Donald

Stupid newfags not understanding the basic of cashflow, no wonder you are broke user.

Living under a mountain of debt means you are not rich

Exactly how I feel. Selling my shit houses and trying to pretty much cash out for a better pad. Then paying cash for classes. We live like poor white trash since it's how we were brought up. It's comfortable. But we have since learned better self control financially and after we get out of debt I'm leveraging my house to the hilt for better property or starting another biz. A lot of it is meme their shit and they do hardsell u. (I know I used to sell shit.) But there is some legitimate software and I have a hard time finding 1 like minded person where I am. Those classes house hundreds.

We will see I guess.

Truth be told I have already learned enough that I can't get rich with a little self control.

Exactly. "Muh prove rich dad." No... I honestly don't give 2 halves of a fuck if he is real or not. Kiyosaki took basic boring as fuck day one shit and made It a new York times best seller.

Without that book I would die broken and poor.

Half the people shitposting probably ain't even read it.

Uhhh... it does if that mountain has a factory on it producing sports cars and mansions. U can get rich and pay shit off. It's fucking stupid tho cause it's a piss poor use of capital and a liability to own anything rather than control it.

buy some Veeky Forums, too, lad

Everything else is irrelevant

Can't go wrong with Arthur T. Murray.

really all sales. It's the basics of getting a message out and creating buyers. It's only like 120 pages.

Added it to my Veeky Forums lit list. Will look up some reviews first. Thanks.

Depends of what kind of debt user. There is good debt and bad debt.

pretty sure "a mountain" implies bad debt, it's like being 'buried alive'

He replied to that user like if he implied he was living a "rich life" with pure debt

Honestly, I didn't pay much attention. Just trying to stealth bump the thread, because I'm always looking for quality /biz-lit/

Sorry about that.

Rdpd is just full of common knowledge. If it took a con artist fuck to teach you these things good luck.
I would recommend reading little red book of selling and will it fly by mcknight. the toyota way is essential reading for managers in my opinion as well.

those are some serious shits!

im only half-reading black swan and confused AF