/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a possible fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
mega.nz/#!lYUWkYwa!CHEXDUatVcQT9HzQYR056mgGUgzQPP56NOsCc6fR4zQ
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/pavolpi
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/page/3#downloadsbrowse
moddb.com/mods/oblivion-lost-remake/videos/olr-30-costumes-and-flashlight
docs.google.com/document/d/1dC5nHdXEJyj8EPfjBe6cqWjo_ak5_QRbi0zkJr0wNds/edit
mega.nz/#!NRsngSoB!tkPUXFBo1xDuzcKmUDkuImDHFIFtg5oE3BaJI_6BfXQ
ap-pro.ru/forum/119-88137
mega.nz/#!BJ1EHbxA!KkXGZ5D2aG36hU6n-vzzTY6iRx3DNrPPmv-b058OcZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread:

gj friendo, i approve

2nd for i have crippling depression

Open m_stalker.ltx (you will have to extract it from the DBs, but I can upload it from CoC if you want), search 'fire dispersion' and note the following values:

disp_walk_stand = 8
disp_walk_crouch = 5
disp_run_stand = 15
disp_run_crouch = 12
disp_stand_stand = 5
disp_stand_crouch = 3
disp_stand_stand_zoom = 2
disp_stand_crouch_zoom = 1

This is the spread multiplier used when the NPC is in that state. Lower the values until enemies are reasonably accurate for you.

You may also wish to alter hit_probability in actor.ltx, since even on Master you still have a 50% chance to "dodge" shots that hit you.

>I would prefer guns to be real life balanced, not arbitrary "gameplay balanced."
That's what I was leaning towards. There's also some issues with suppressors (no mod seems to get this right). Suppressing a weapon in STALKER typically drops the damage by about 10%, and lowers the velocity. Sure, we can pretend that when a suppressor is equipped, the player is now using subsonic ammo. But what about .45 and 9x39 where the bullet is already subsonic? Why do those guns STILL take a damage and velocity penalty, when suppressors actually increase muzzle velocity (all things equal) to the tune of ~2% in real life and they're already rocking subsonics?

This is going to be quite the undertaking.

Should I go back to the bar and do sidequests before heading to pripyat in SHoC? I feel like I'm going to get my shit kicked in pretty hard once I hit the power plant.

This may sound retarded, but how do I start the story quest in CoC?
I don't get any indications nor clues nor anything

There should be a guy in the Clear Sky barracks that gives you the quest.

HOWDY-HO!

>decide to give CoM a try after all these shitters talking nonstop about it

>crash if i select anything but loners
>crash when attempting to loot a body
>crash when I go to pause menu
>crash if I reload different types of ammo with an incomplete mag

wew

Get good it's clearly too hardcore for you faggot

Three things:

>CoM is standalone, do not install it over CoC
>Download 1.0 with the 1.0c patch (mega:///#F!Np0mkDTa!-R7yVUx059elc7thiW6ttg!J9MVSAjD)
>CoM is actually shit and you shouldn't play it :^)

If you could upload it, that would be great. I already altered the hit probability. Thanks

Here's a rar with every single config file from the latest CoC in case you want to fuck with anything else.

mega.nz/#!lYUWkYwa!CHEXDUatVcQT9HzQYR056mgGUgzQPP56NOsCc6fR4zQ

Already uninstalled CoP from steam entirely my manes.
Currently raising hell on some cancerous arma3 server right now

im too lazy to search/install/tweak patches and fixes and all kinds of dumb crap tbqh

Altered those values and now I'm getting slammed in close quarters. Thank you, been bugging me for a while.

ded?

So is there no way to get Warfare working with the latest version of CoC/AO? I downloaded the version from the author's repository and it crashes before I even get to choose a faction.

Wait what?
You installed CoM incorrectly so you deleted CoP?

Did one of the more recent updates to CoC change how detectors appear? I've made over a dozen stops across half-a-dozen traders through two different installs and seen exactly one appear, from Herman in Jupiter: Dead City mercs, Yantar ecos, ARI army, Duty and Barkeep didn't have a single one even if the trade files were modded for 100% probability of appearing. Using the 1.4.22 patch and AO3.

I've been playing CoC on Master and I've noticed a few things (only ever played SOC):
Are all enemies bullet sponges? I've put like 5 shots into a bandit with no armor's chest and not dropped him, and I just got to the arena and I've put a ton of rounds into guys and they're still up. Meanwhile I die in 2 shots. Is this a CoP thing?

Is the jobs system screwed up? I'm in the Rostok bar and nobody has a job for me.

Also you can't sell damaged weapons? You can repair them, but it doesn't seem profitable because the bartender is a megajew.

How the fuck do I get build 749 to run? It says it needs xrOcclusion, xrProgressive, and xrSTRIPS installed, but they're already in the fucking folder.

Is 5.56x45 worth using or is it too tough to find?

What does DoctorX's quest-lines even add? The description is pretty lacking and from looking at the files it just seems to be variations of the standard CoC fetch quests.

Depends massively on the game and mods quite obviously, mercs and freedom use NATO shit a lot

Hi Stalkers.

Upon death in Azazel mode for CoC, if I was bleeding, I will respawn bleeding. Also, if I die as non-monolith to become one, I won't be immune to psy and die.

Any fix for this?

>Azazel spawn into some loner goofball
>no knife

This feels fucking weird

All this talk of crazy Azazel spawns makes me want to finally try out the new CoC patches. Been awhile since i played CoC and i never got very far.

I remember before one of the newer patches you wouldn't spawn with any binoculars. And virtually ZERO TRADERS sold that shit too so you had to rely on scopes or other things to take a view at things from afar. Felt weird too.

ANUUU CHIKI BREEKI

Call of Misery is THE shit

Thing is superb

Btw, there is KSVK?

Alright STALKERs, question: How many rounds do you usually carry on you for each weapon when you go out on expeditions?

Battle rifle with two spare mags.

Handgun with four spare mags.

>no story missions
what exactly is the point of CoC? walk around and do fetch quests?

>Battle rifle
Which are these? Snipers?

So how open-ended is SoC? I just bought it.

People been playing CoP same story over and over again and it's really not much different then the dynamic tasks except they don't have cutscenes and voice over. The fun is exploring and the random stuff that AI do.

>paid for a slav game
I don't think this game is for you

3-4 mags for main weapon -which is either a rifle or a sniper. 2 extra AP mags plust one loaded if I'm headed for a fight against humans a not mutants and shit.

Secondary is always a shotgun variant and I carry around 40~ rounds.

I dont use handguns and I dont even bother looting/scavenging handgun ammo. Id rather use the weight for extra supplies

>bought
YA BLEW IT

Man, y'all carry around a lot less shit than I do. I have 10 mags for my main weapon right now, I should probably switch to snipers

Using DoctorX's Dynamic Faction Relation mod, why is it I can't kill anyone in Freedumb as Duty without Loners declaring war on Duty? I hate returning to the base to find out the Bar trader is dead.

Make the shots count my man.

Although, If im using a sniper with a tiny ass cartridge (5 rounds or so) then I also carry 10 mags worth of it

If you're running around with 300+ rounds of 5.45 or even worse NATO rounds then you got issues bruh.

how do you fuck up such a simple install?

1.4.23 supposedly

Yeah I need to get better at that. What do you do for close-quarters though? Shotgun + Pistol? I might switch to that and a sniper and be able to cut down a lot on the amount of munitions I carry

Man, Great Swamp is really fun to just dick around in

Download a weapon mod like Arsenal Overhaul or stcop, then download the corresponding 'increased damage' mod for it.

I use Arsenal Overhaul with this
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/pavolpi
and the level 4 damage (most damage). Sometimes it feels too easy, but then I get one-shotted and dont feel so bad about having an even playing field with the enemy. Wish exo suit guys were still bullet sponges, tho

Also this for selling damaged weapons, same thing, pick a weapon overhaul first, then go here
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/page/3#downloadsbrowse
Scroll down a bit and you'll find 'traders buy damaged weapons' for each main weapon overhaul.

Happy hunting, stalker!

100 hours of scrubbing as a sniper class in Misery made me get used to sniper/dmr+shotgun combo.

Pick a faction and play the game accordingly.

Pick Duty? Gather up 20+ boys and raid the Freedom bases and mutant lairs.

Pick Monolith? Venture silently and mercilessly kill any non-monolith.

Pick Bandit? Make money at any cost, find safety in your bandit numbers but dont give a fuck if they die. Hell, kill your follower if he loots that exo suit before you after you pulled more weight in battle.

Pick Loner? See new places, meet new people, explore that scary hole in the ground, make friends, tell jokes by the campfire and protect your brothers.

Basically, use your imagination and play the game in ways you otherwise never could.

>start as Loner, die 30 seconds into first run using Azazel
>respawn as Duty in the middle of a firefight, somehow live
>forget my Loner roots and dick around doing Duty shit for a while, lose story
>die via Bloodsucker, respawn as Loner in swamps
>stumble across Doc, he gives me key to a hotel in fucking PRIPYAT

Holy shit. This is going to be fun. Time to buy a lot of vodka, medkits and band-aids.

I dont understand the usefulness of cease-fires. Playing as freedom, I raided Rostok with a healthy number of squad mates, and during the fight I got at least 3 messegas about Duty & Freedom declaring Cease-Fire.. but no one stopped firing lol

Which, I guess is realistic in a sense; everyone's pissed for fallen brothers, hyped up on adrenalin, and probably just scared of being taken prisoner by the winning faction (which was Freedom, btw).

But no differance was seen even after leaving Rostok. Duty still shot at us, and we shot back.

>explore that scary hole in the ground
DO NOT DO THIS

you can only trust in your weapons and your bullets, so the more the better
just remember: dead stalkers are those who regret not having another mag when the zone claimed them

Haven't tried weapongulash yet, how is it?

I'm reinstalling CoC and my addons, so i figured i might as well try something other than STCoP.

OLR 3 update: moddb.com/mods/oblivion-lost-remake/videos/olr-30-costumes-and-flashlight

Can anyone familiar with CoP SDK tell me how I make custom artefacts visible without the detector?

>talk to Sid
>get contract killer mission
>accept because need money
>it's one of the rookies that sits around the fire and never leaves the rookie village

You're an evil motherfucker, Sid.

With 1.0 patch it's supposed to be returned. I didn't find it in the debug spawner though.

>those weird freaky breathing noises at night time

Do it

Seriously holy shit, night time is terrifying in this game

And THOSE FUCKING BREATHS, WHAT IS THAT SHIT

Maybe it's just you

AO is surprisingly not that bad for CoM.
Prices are adjusted for the current balance, weapon distribution is good too (no rookie bandits with NATO weapons), and then there's an addon called "Arranged Weaponry and Armory" which improves overall damage system, makes weapon damage dependent on the caliber and other gunplay balance stuff.

I did that a long time ago

what I did is divide all those values by 2 except the last one and change hit_probability_actor to 1.0 for master, 0.9 for veteran, 0.8 for stalker, 0.7 for novice.

Also, I increased hit_probability_max_dist to 100 in weapons.ltx

NPCs are now noticeably more accurate, I die more often and they win more often against mutants but they don't rape my ass on the reg and they don't mow all mutants down like nothing

100-200 spare for assault rifle. 50% of these are AP.
50 spare for pistol. 100 if smg.

yeah, it is

Shit thread
Kill yourself weeb

Seconding this, is there better documentation of what the quest lines actually are somewhere?

Where can you find Doc in CoC?
I'm looking through the Great Marshes, but haven't seen him yet.

I randomly stumbled on him while leaving the Clear Sky camp.

Is there a mod for CoC that includes motion blur like the old shader mods for SoC?

>tfw no Monolith poopsuit
they can make exos but not poop suits?

does he actively move around, or is he just static and he has a random spawn location?

He walks between the Clear Sky base and the railway tunnel in the swamps. I found him by quick loading a few times in the barracks of the Clear Sky base.

Are there any differences between mechanics in CoC? I've got some tools picked up, and I'd like to know if only some mechanics can do specific upgrades, for example

no specific upgrades. just 1/2/3rd tiers

if you have a particles.xr in your gamedata... delete that shit, as the one included in the latest 1.4.22 patch should be the one you need.

post your crashlog

oki thanks

do i still need .16 version of coc for call of misery?

for 1.0c yes, you need 1.4.16
next version is going to be for 1.4.22 I think

is there an eta on that version and is it gonna be just more bugfixes or some actual features too?

I think it's going to "separate" from misery; have its own name
check out the upcoming features here: docs.google.com/document/d/1dC5nHdXEJyj8EPfjBe6cqWjo_ak5_QRbi0zkJr0wNds/edit (3rd page)
notable features: raindrops on mask hud, backpacks, new slots for weapons and other stuff

bretty gud, this just might turn out to be what misery was supposed to be

user's AMK AE 1.4.1 Tweaks 1.1

Patch Notes
>Added Repoanon's Patch and merged each fix where applicable.
>Updated contents of uninstall folders to roll back to (repoanon) patched instead of vanilla.
>Added damage profile for Snorks and Pseudodogs under Realistic Damage : Mutants.

Download: mega.nz/#!NRsngSoB!tkPUXFBo1xDuzcKmUDkuImDHFIFtg5oE3BaJI_6BfXQ

Thanks to the user whose idea it was to merge Repoanon's Patch. He's got some great fixes in there.

>Call of Misery
Re you telling me that they mixed misery with call of chernobil?

Yep.

Downloading it right now

I may download it as well but it's for 1.4.16 for now. I will just patiently wait for 1.4.22+ release.

>mfw i'm so retarded that i can't fucking install weaponG in less than an hour
>mfw i couldn't survive a day in the zone whitout getting me killed

i better kms

thanks user.

Is AMK still the best mod to replay SoC with? I haven't played the game in a while and I want to do another playthrough but I'm not sure which mods to run or whether the basic mods have changed significantly

Walks between the CS hidden base to the cave under the broken railway bridge in the north west.

Download the full 1.0c repack, it's standalone and you don't need to install CoC. Just dump the translation over it.

ap-pro.ru/forum/119-88137

AMK Autumn 1.4.1

thanks but i already got the one from the repo

Noticed that my framerate was tanking from ~110 to 70ish in the Garbage with all of the massive corpse build-up, so I dropped the corpse removal time to 12 in-game hours for both humans and mutants, and bam, I'm in business again.

With that, releasing 1.2 of my AMK AE tweaks.

Patch Notes
>Added Faster Corpse Cleanup
>Fixed missing root gamedata folder in Spinning Camera Fix

mega.nz/#!BJ1EHbxA!KkXGZ5D2aG36hU6n-vzzTY6iRx3DNrPPmv-b058OcZ4

Getting really close to my ideal vision of AMK AE.

Give AMK AE 1.4.1 a try.

Thanks.

The Arsenal merge? It's a good merge but Arsenal is not good, Autumn has AA2 guns which are good